Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
I'm so baffled by the Ulfenkarn sourcebook. What happened to Cursed City. Why is this coming so late. Where's bigfoot, assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

JBP posted:

The bones are their dollars.

Also the worms

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

If you put goblins on Moebius style fatass pterodactyls, I would literally die.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Be well, thank you for the thread <3

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Yeah looks p bog standard VR to me.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

JBP posted:

I want Guilliman to set up the second empire and attract the kind of progressives and cartoon hero humans, while the absolute lunatic factions go to the old guard and terra is considered the point that one type of evil radiates from

Wrong thread homeslice

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

It's a single model :V

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I've been playing the PvE Iron Maiden RPG mobile gacha etc. fucko-wizzo-ding-dang game lately, proving that I can stay entertained by virtually anything, so I'll probably check this out.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

AnEdgelord posted:

Gw has been rolling through all the old ranges and updating them one by one. Necrons, Orks Soulblight, Chaos Space Marines and Slaves to Darkness have gotten the treatment so I expect they will get to all of the old ranges eventually.

Slaves is a mega weird one because we got a new starter box and some new units and sculpts, but they never released new sculpts for a bunch of units IN the starter box.

eta: To be specific, the Chaos Warriors you can buy in a separate box are still the lil potty pose grumpymans, as opposed to the more outlandish and posed ones in the Start Collecting

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Yeah, very strange. Hopefully more stuff is in the eventual future for both my Chaos bois (and girls in AoS)

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Don't Blame Me I Voted For Crab

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Happy Feast of Slaaneshmas! Drink in excess, feast decadently, and hate with all your heart.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Asphyxious posted:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chosen-...1-127632-2357-0

If you only read one completely insane eBay listing today, please make it this one. Full fuckin manifesto in the item description.

Every loving time I thought it was done, there was more.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

You are not the cool guy in the thread when you start your story with "I kept telling my GM the setting sucks and he didn't kick me out so I won"

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Winklebottom posted:

Gitz vs. Skaven box, for maximum horrid little creatures

I would pre-order this in an instant.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Posting this here and in the Specialty Games thread, but I just want everyone to know that in my Soulbound campaign, my sister is playing a Spite Revenant named "The Taking Tree".

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

No Shel Silverstein fans in the AoS fandom?

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ristolaz posted:

In that case they should post more awesomely painted minis from instagram

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Rotmire Creedence Clearwater Revival

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Sometimes a family is just a Broodmaster and sixteen individual swarms of spiders

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

"IT'S COMING! IN THE TREES!"

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Thanks to Mors' efforts in showing it off, I'm a HUGE fan. The variable numbers are a bit hard to grok, but there are resources to find your way. I really hope they go generic with its system at some point, it's a fun one to poke at.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I would equally challenge somebody to explain WHF to a stranger in two minutes without it sounding boring, or them going "Oh! Warcraft!"

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

"These knight guys fight these orc guys"
"Oh that's cool"

I have now summed up the average conversation you will have with someone who is totally new to the hobby.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/06/battletome-soulblight-gravelords-ushers-in-a-new-era-of-ravenous-spell-slinging-vampires/

A rules preview best read during the day, or else you might get the urge to put on a velvet cloak and go "Bleigh!".

What do we do if we feel this urge all the time anyway

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Hey it's only 6:30 here, sun's not up ye--[opens window, is destroyed]

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I'm skipping this one because I EXPECTED Slaanesh vs. SOMEONE (maybe Destruction) but instead some dink in a suit predicted that breaking the pattern and ignoring what Warcry is literally about would result on 0.002% boost in Q2 sales, so we got more stormsmen and a faction that even GW doesn't care about. Yay.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Now in fairness to GW, Underworlds is a B and Warcry is a B+, formerly an A (I liked the old campaign mode better).

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Oh yeah, newer White Dwarfs having cool unique lore and showcases for unique models (they spotlighted Tony Hawk Ork!!!) has kept me bugging month by month for the last like 3 years.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Not Keyser Soze posted:

So are any of the units in the new Blades of Khorne book just absolute trash to be avoided? I picked up a couple of the starters and I'm curious if there any trap purchases in the faction.

Khorgorath is kind of useless, multiple units have almost his exact same stat block but for *significantly* fewer points.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

We've gotten some short stories the last week or two and somewhere they announced new books, maybe the Warhammer Fest?

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Also we'll hear about the Old World and people's disappointment in it for the next 3 pages even though this is the AoS thread and specialty games is over there

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Warhammer Stormbringer, the monthly delivery magazine and model subscription is coming to the US in October. I subscribed to the WH40k and it was a really good value. I think this one looks to be a good value too; you save a ton of money on the models and you end up with a bunch of bonus paint.

https://www.fauxhammer.com/partworks-magazines/warhammer-stormbringer-magazine-full-collection-savings-breakdown/

Do you have source on that? Very very excited and would like to get in as early as possible!

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

That article has a link to the signup for the newsletter, complete with referral link, so I feel inclined to trust and eagerly await spending less-to-slightly-more than a new White Dwarf for kits. Issue #1 is two figures who haven't gotten individually packed yet but currently cost around $30 total aftermarket.

For seven bucks.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I collect on aesthetic and bargains rather than meta consideration so this is a pretty slick deal for hobbyists like me, hahaha

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Desfore posted:

I haven't watched any of the Blacktalon stuff, but that looks like a pretty neat Warcry/Underworlds warband. We need more warbands with different factions mixed together, screw how awkward that'll be porting it over to proper AoS!

Three words: Regiments of Renown baybee.

edit: That's four words. I'll submit to the justice of Ghal-Maraz for this.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

For your information, at last check Cities of Sigmar win around 50% of matches and Stormcast win--

Oh.

Oh dear.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Hey I know that palette

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Newer books including 2d6 goal tables for players who struggle with that kind of thing was such a godsend for my campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

"I hope it doesn't sound arrogant when I say that I am the greatest man in the world."