Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Seems like the base increase in general is 10 points for units, 5 for heroes, a lot more for named heroes. Everything else is balance adjustment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

Dang, Alarielle got a +140 bump, putting her at 740 points now :eyepop:

Yeah all the big centerpiece models got a big hike. Teclis is 740 as well.

Of course he's still insanely good.

The funniest thing they did to Lumineth is make the Loreseeker (can deploy almost anywhere, automatically captures an objective if he's within 9") not unique anymore. That's gonna need an errata or something because otherwise there's going to be some serious Aelf Bullshit. But hey, now I can give a Loreseeker an artifact and with the Flaming Weapon spell active give him an attack profile similar to a bloodthirster.

Although now that I look at some of the battleplans, objectives seem like they're being de-emphasized a bit so it might not be that bad.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 18, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Well I guess you can force the issue by charging with a chaff unit first.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Talas posted:

If someone charges 30 Lumineth Sentinels, they deserve it.

If you really wanted you could go Iliatha and shoot someone with 60 Sentinels. But like with the reavers, you'd have 60 sentinels.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

still able to get everything at 12pm pst here. looks like they werent lying about having lots of stock. this aint no cursed city lol

edit: lmao naturally everyone with ten piles of unpainted models and nobody to play with are declaring this as proof that games workshop is dead dead dead because it didn't get insta-gobbled up by scalpers and flipped on ebay for six times the price. it's either fake fomo scarcity bullshit and also GW is incompetent and also its all a hoax for the shareholders and they HATE their fans and gw is going woke and broke or its nobody wants the game because it didn't instantly sell out in twelve hours and GW has been lying to their investors these last few years and GW is going woke and broke. I wish i had the ability to live in copeland like this

It's just a function of AoS not being as popular as 40k probably, a friend who handles some orders said they got fewer pre-orders than they thought, but it was still pretty decent. This is one of those no-win arguments where either GW is dead because they can't meet demand, or they're dead because they are able to meet demand and there's surplus boxes floating around.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the new battlepack looks pretty cool. Turning a hero into a monster for a turn is some good fun.

welcome to the realm called ghr *whip crack*

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

The Deleter posted:

Never buy campaign books.

Fair, but they did stick half my army's battletome in one.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

actually3raccoons posted:

WHFB, as much as I get nostalgic about it, always had rules issues. Did 8th still have crazy problems with spellcaster dominance? I remember Dark Elves being able to sweep an army on T1 with a single spell, or some similar nonsense.

I can summon a bunch of angry nerds with the power phrase "Banner of the World Dragon"

yeah spellcasting was wild, and anything that made you immune to it was even nastier.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Errata for every battletome is out. RIP Hyshian Twinstones 2020-2021 too beautiful (and powerful) for these mortal realms.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
That's a great scheme. I think the High Warden is one of my favourite models in the Lumineth range (although there are a ton I like). Pretty nice that our champions are really great. I'm finishing up some sentinels and pretty excited to tackle the High Sentinel and her Bird.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Winklebottom posted:

Depends on how you've glued them on :v:

Plastic glue, you gotta carefully cut them off. Superglue, throw them in the freezer for a bit and they should snap off.

If I put a model in the freezer will all the super glue connections break or just the ones I try to break?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Desfore posted:

All the super glue will become fragile, but you would still have to break the bonds. So, if you freeze it, the model will hang together, but it won't be as solid as it was before.

Z the IVth posted:

What the other guy said but also not all joins will separate easily. If the surface area is large, complex and tight fitting you might not be able to impart enough shear to the joint to fracture the glue before material failure (for plastic/resin kits).

If freezing doesn't work and the model is metal, drop it into a solvent and everything will come apart.

Thanks! I did some subassembly on my dawnrider bannerman which was a mistake because the glued banner-holding arm is in a position such that the bottom of the banner pole is bent against his foot. Wanted to fix that somehow -- it'd suck to freeze it since it's fully assembled, so I may just have to accept that it's going to be like that.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I sold some of my old High Elves stuff through a miniswap discord. There may be an increase in demand because of the eventual release of the Old World but that's years away.

Tomb Kings is out of print as far as I know, so that also might increase its value.

But basically: if it's in a blister you can probably sell it for its MSRP.
If it's assembled and unprimed, probably 80-90%
If it's primed 60-70%
And if it's painted, probably 40-50%.

If it's painted to a very high standard you can sometimes get more, but it depends.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

JBP posted:

I'm banging through these. Great models. Glad I went with an easy scheme for once I'm having a great time.

That scheme is simple but really striking, nice work!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Loreseeker is back to being unique again. :rip: to the dream where he could have a 5+ ward save or a blade of leaping gold

What a journey it's been from people freaking out about the hero being meta-warping at the end of 2.0 to being pretty much forgettable now.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I'm not sure we needed ward save stacking, but here we are. 3-4 rolls to allocate a wound. Awesome.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I'm thinking about picking up the generic endless spells. I remember someone saying they were going to reprint it. Has that already happened and I should grab whatever copy of Malign Sorcery I can find, or has it not been released yet?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Painting alfs is slow. But I'm learning and experimenting a lot as I go so it's been a good experience overall.

Next up, elfs on horses

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Talas posted:

Very nice elfs!

Oof, those horses took me a few weeks. They are hard to paint but they look quite awesome on the table.

Yeah I'm going to dive in head first and just try to batch paint all of them.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

JBP posted:

God you can't have a conversation about the SCE book online for all the crying. This playerbase is hosed.

Haven't been able to talk to most people about Lumineth either, and it's been over a year.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

stabbington posted:

some of us are just still trying to figure out whether the loreseeker dude can take a weapon or not

he can't. RIP.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
really hoping the river temple lumineth animal spirit is an elephant or a hippo or something cool

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
expecting the new lumineth tome in early 2022 to complete the hat trick

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Honestly the Lumineth one isn't bad, except for the Bannerblade. The original battleforce or whatever isn't worth the money anymore anyway so this is solid. You get a decent set of infantry and cavalry, the Lord-Regent is a good hero, the Ballista is fine. Only thing really missing are Sentinels and a Cathallar.

I guess the bladelords don't really make a ton of sense since there's no Scinari in that box to bodyguard.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 19, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I never paid attention to the dragons and holy poo poo their warscrolls are insane.

The really good news in that rebalancing article is that AoS is getting the same quarterly rebalancing efforts as 40k which is great.

Talas posted:

Add Teclis with those Sentinels and the Scinari and you already have 2000 points!

the $$/points value on Teclis is really good if nothing else

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
That is an excellent bird. Weirdly it was my favourite thing to work on while painting sentinels.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Having played some Necromunda back in the day, the narrative stuff can be really compelling because it's less competitive and more about telling a story which is fun. I'd like to play the game but I haven't been able to since I got back into the hobby with the Lumineth box nearly two years ago

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Personally for me, I started a Lumineth army in 2020 and have yet to play because of the pandemic. Every time I think I might be able to get out and try playing at the games workshop store or something the next wave hits.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Feeple posted:

I'm trying to gather up the last bits for an Ossiarch army, but I can't seem to find Arkhan the Black anymore. What happened to him?

Not even the end of the world and being turned to dust stopped Eltharion from getting his

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
chorfs are confirmed?

huh, so I guess the early 3rd edition leaks aren't totally off. Which means we may very well get Umbranaeth release as one of the order battletomes after all?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Disabling ward saves against melee wounds is a nasty trait.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Also good news is the new Nighthaunt book sounds pretty strong so the matchup wont be too lopsided for very long.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the lumineth point changes make no sense unless I guess there really is a book in the fall which lmao 3 books in 3 years

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

The Deleter posted:

I feel like either someone at GW loving loves these stupid high elves, they have no idea what to do with them, or both.

The lead designer of AoS apparently did all the lore for the Lumineth so it may be both. To be fair I think part of the issue was Covid hosed up the roll out so that there was supposed to be a few years between 2nd and 3rd edition books, but I'm still almost embarrassed by how many units are available to me compared to most armies.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Nash posted:

Having three books in three years. Does this point to lumineth just selling like crazy? Seems odd when other armies haven’t had books for a bit.

It's probably just COVID but iirc someone summarizing the 2020 GW shareholders report said Lumineth did sell really well.

That's a pretty good box of Aelfs, the hero is I guess a generic version of the Direchasm leader but I like the model better and all the units are good-to-great, especially with the new focus on infantry as bladelords and dawnriders both deal well with large units.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I don't think sentinels need many changes at this point. They've seen a couple of point hikes and don't do a ton of damage even though they obviously have great range and can ignore LOS. The problem is the Lambent Light spell that makes them much more effective.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

AnEdgelord posted:

I tried my local store and didn't get any takers so I'm gonna ask here. I am interested in picking up the Tzeentch from the upcoming Arcane Cataclysm box but have zero interest in the Lumineth. I was looking for someone to split the box with. If you're interested feel free to DM me and we can hash out the details. If it makes a difference I am in the US.

I'm interested! DM sent.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
If they'd done Lumineth vs Vampires or something and delayed the release of both armies until 3rd it probably would have sold like crazy.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Tried to apply everything I've learned over the last year painting into one of my favourite Lumineth hero models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Nash posted:

I don’t play AoS but like looking at the cool models. I sort of follow this thread. Having said this am I wrong in that the the High Elves or whatever they are called are getting a third book in as many years? What the hell?

Covid split the initial release in two, and thus they released two books. One with the first half in 2020, the second with Broken Realms: Teclis in 2021, and then also released the complete battletome at the same time as the Broken Realms book. Then they did 3rd edition and decided that I guess Lumineth should get a fairly early battletome release.

But yeah, it's pretty wild.

Definitely like the buff for the Stoneguard, they need it.