Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
there's a small asian food truck near my house. I've been getting their chicken dishes lately since it seems like that's the only protein on the menu.

today I went there to grab lunch and there were two new menu items: beef jerky w/ garlic sauce and sticky rice or pork jerky w/ garlic sauce and sticky rice.

thinking the word "jerky" must be a mistranslation or something, I ordered the beef.

it was fairly tough beef jerky. like, beef rear end jerky. what the hell. is this some kind of asian fusion or what

Areola Grande fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

post ur burning questions and boast of ur weird meals ITT

:yayclod: :byob1:

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
piece of pizA
gRilled chees

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
was it good

Areola Grande

fps_nug posted:

was it good

the jerky lunch? I mean yeah, besides the toughness. sweet spicy garlic sauce and loads of steamed rice. could have used some canned green beans to solidify the ghetto feel of the meal

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

fps_nug posted:

piece of pizA
gRilled chees

was it good? I bet u could have combined them

Escape From Noise

Woah. That sounds really weird.

Escape From Noise

So, looks like in theory, it is a real thing, but the way they make it is slightly different and it's more tender than American jerky.
https://www.thai-foodie.com/thaifood/homemade-thai-beef-jerky/

Escape From Noise

Weird Lunch is making me think of the band in Homestar Runner, Cool Tapes.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 19, 2021

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
There was a Laotian restaurant I liked in Philly and you could get jerky as one of the meat options on a lot of the stuff.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

nut

weirdest william burroughs sequel yet

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

weird lunch. plastic tubes and pots and pans. bits and pieces and, bits and pieces and

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
burger with goth makeup and a tiny gas mask, side of fries that are all sheathed in black and white striped tubes, the pickle has a piercing and a shock of black hair with a white streak, in the middle is a tiny burning American flag. the meal taunts me, saying it wants to die but every time I try to touch anything it pulls itself away from me and screams "you don't understand me! you can't judge me!"

4/5* nice atmosphere, weird experience but would recommend

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

weird lunch. plastic tubes and pots and pans. bits and pieces and, bits and pieces and

My creation, is it veal? It's my creation, I do not know.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

nut

mac and creez

alexandriao

(serious posting)

So when I was learning about food in China it turns out that a lot of it is pretty bad to westerners because we have like, two or three textures in food: crunchy, soft, chewy. But depending on where you are in China you can encounter dishes that have a whole blend of textures like straight up slimy foods, rubbery foods, etc. Of course that only really applies to whatever parts of China the thing i was injecting into my brain via my eyeballs was talking about !

So what I'm saying is that this probably is a deliberate textural decision on part of the people that put the dish together and it's very probable (Like I can't say 100% of course) that the textural variation is kind of one of the points

I dunno how Correct it is this is all just a fact I remembered so please take it with some Salt.

Areola Grande

Luvcow posted:

burger with goth makeup and a tiny gas mask, side of fries that are all sheathed in black and white striped tubes, the pickle has a piercing and a shock of black hair with a white streak, in the middle is a tiny burning American flag. the meal taunts me, saying it wants to die but every time I try to touch anything it pulls itself away from me and screams "you don't understand me! you can't judge me!"

4/5* nice atmosphere, weird experience but would recommend

google THIS

"We're out of chicken, what do we do?"

"I dunno. Want a piece of this beef jerky I just got?"

:aaa:

Areola Grande

Escape From Noise posted:

So, looks like in theory, it is a real thing, but the way they make it is slightly different and it's more tender than American jerky.
https://www.thai-foodie.com/thaifood/homemade-thai-beef-jerky/

this is totally what I got. Didn't realize the garlic chili sauce was 4 dippins tho

:ms: on 2 the next weird food then

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

cheesy chocolate

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted: