Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Light Gun Man posted:

they both like to go rowing tho

Life is but a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Wait I can order angels around?

You didn't know that? I've got a seraphim out picking up my dry cleaning right now.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Is... is that... Sonichu?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Appeared on imgur today:

For all those words I can't even figure out what his actual complaint is.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Man, right-wing nuttery from a decade ago seems downright quaint compared to today.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I love that the Trump van is parked over the line like an rear end in a top hat, because of course it is.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

EPICAC posted:

Not necessarily an infocar, but thread adjacent.

At first glance I'd estimate that car's storage capacity to be several hundred megabytes. That's lots of info.

As for the data capacity depending entirely on the surface area, that's just the holographic principle in action. :pseudo:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I wonder what kind of industrial super-adhesive it takes to keep all those tchotchkes from flying off one's car when they get up to speed. (Or maybe they just never go faster than about 30 mph.)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Beartaco posted:

stealing from trump thread:

Another view of this one came up in the map thread in D&D:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

Was there really no computer vendor in the late 90s including linux in some computers instead of windows oem? Not one?

None much bigger than "Todd's Computer Sales & Service" at the local mini-mall, no. Microsoft pressured them HARD. If I recall correctly, the deal they enforced was that that if you sold complete workstations, you either included a Windows license with all of them, or you didn't get to install Windows on any of them.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

AKZ posted:

Hell yea finally got a live one

I'm the misspelling

There's no WAY that minivan is old enough to have served in Vietnam. :colbert:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

"America, love it or leave it." *Has 47 other stickers detailing what he hates about America*

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Linux Pirate posted:

Isn't 120 just high-average, like not terribly noteworthy?

This sent me on a quick wikipedia dive. According to the statistical model, IQ 120 would be in approximately the top 9%. So yeah, definitely above average, but not astoundingly so.

(Here I am deliberately ignoring all of the many questionable things about the IQ scale and I do NOT suggest we get into a derail about them. This is still about a crazy guy who put an IQ score on his car.)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Never imagined that view of Kirk Johnson's anus.

The most famous Kirk Johnson I can find with a quick google is a paleobotanist who doesn't appear to have done anything terribly crazy. Were you thinking of Kirk Cameron?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I stand corrected, thank you very much. :tipshat:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Kind of off topic but.... Murica.

Ah, the year George Washington and Abraham Lincoln signed the Constitution and let Jesus take the wheel. :patriot:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

The golden calf is a little on-the-nose.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

It would be really easy to read too much into the fact that the "parents" in that family are both old Soviet weapons.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

Just shows their income level generally. Both are loving insane

Probably also the availability of professionally-produced swag, which boils down to how popular the sentiment is. "I hate Democrats" has enough potential bumper sticker buyers; "All cats are working for the CIA and they are hiding microchips in the litter box", not so much.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Powerful Katrinka posted:

:eng101: It's Spanish for a romantic fling! Yo tuve un rollete con un hombre moreno y guapo durante mis vacaciones. I had a fling with a dark and handsome man during my vacation.

So putting all this together, the guy in Idaho with the truck is bragging that he had a romantic fling with a Russian while getting his vaccine shot.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Spotted in the wild this morning.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I think this is my favorite bit out of all that:

:tinfoil: posted:

(Most of America’s youth have heard something about my claims or visited my site.)

I kind of doubt that "most of America's youth" even know who John Lennon was.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Spotted on Imgur.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

One of these things is not like the others.

The Republicans were supposed to be all-in on "yes" on Ohio issue 1 -- it was the vote yesterday where they tried to change the rules and freeze out an upcoming proposed constitutional amendment to protect abortion rights. They failed, 57-43, which by modern standards is a loving landslide. It's not over, of course, but so far things are looking up for abortion rights in Ohio this November.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I greet you in the ancient language of my people: "Pak chooie unf!"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Grey Cat posted:

I didn't know it changed until pretty recently. I was riding in the car with my bf and I saw it and said something like, "wtf kind of car is a Kv... a.. K.. a K something"

"which one?"

I point at it.

"Kia"

"wtf you mean kia when did they change their logo, it's loving horrible."

The first time I saw the new logo, I saw it as KИ and wondered if it was some kind of special import from a country that uses the Cyrillic alphabet. But then I went "wait, can't be, that's obviously a Kia Soul" and squinted at the logo again until the two faces became a vase.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

Interesting, and makes sense, but that Kia's brake lights are installed in the body and don't move. No reason the turn signals can't be hanging out with them, as is standard on just about every vehicle (save this Kia and whatever the Detroit equivalent is).

:actually: those things down on the bumper are probably just reflectors. If you can't see a yellow lens, then chances are the rear "turn signal" consists of flashing the tail/brake light, because turn signals on this continent are legally permitted to SUCK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1lZ9n2bxWA

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

I wish. I've seen them in the wild, flashing to indicate turns. They suck.

e: possibly on a different Kia model, but they're out there.

ee: These are the vehicles I've seen with bumper turn signals.

:hfive: Then I guess it turns out we're both correct -- that particular model may not have the bumper flashers but it's definitely a thing on Kias.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Can't wait to see what a Tesla autopilot makes of this

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Faustian Bargain posted:

found my very first chick booklet in an elevator in anaheim, titled “the poor revolutionist”

i can post it later if i can figure out how to post images on the ios awful app if people want, but i’m just glad to toss it before some dipshit picks it up and takes it seriously.

No need to scan it, they're all available to read on the publisher's website. That one is here: https://chick.com/products/tract?stk=65&ue=d

It's an odd one to find in the wild in 2023, it has an extremely Cold War vibe to it.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I'm particularly amused by the Anton LaVey quote directly beneath the warning about Satanism.

e: Googled the actual quote: "Water must be allowed to seek its own level without interference from apologists for incompetence. No one should be protected from the effects of his own stupidity." Which seems oddly appropriate, given the rest of the car.

Powered Descent fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 17, 2023

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

UwUnabomber posted:

Also Powered Descent, I think your confusion is you're thinking of an Aleister Crowley quote. To bid one to do his true will is to bid "The stars to shine, vines to bear grapes, and water to seek its level." or something along that line.

Oh, I didn't realize the one that I had heard was referencing something older. Neat.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I award you ten golden gunbabies

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

According to his website, he's been at this for over 20 years. :stare: (And he still can't paint worth poo poo.)

And apparently all this Embryo God stuff is layered on top of being a fairly standard Catholic. We can only imagine the deep sighs of his priest after every time he has to talk to this guy.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I wouldn't have thought that
a mere twenty words from
fifty years ago could make me
   so god drat angry.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

TrashMammal posted:

but what if god hardens your heart with his god powers? he does that sometimes. then he kills a bunch of your children

Yeah, but He only does that pharaonically

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I'm still looking for a good way to keep the Jeeps out of the autogyro feeder.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

THE DOES HORN THE BLOWS DRIVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Murdstone posted:

This one's pretty neat.

I'd prefer if they got the roundel correct though. There's no red stripe; both are blue. But that's a minor point and I can chalk it up to artistic license.

Chief McHeath posted:

this was my initial thought as well. i guess its from an actual plane, im going to hope the person driving it actually flew the jet though. otherwise its suuuuuper wack

I'd also allow it if they were on the engineering crew that maintained the plane. Those folks spend a LOT more hours with that bird than the pilot ever does, after all.