Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I don't really see the link between having megathreads and the bad behaviours people are describing. Besides like: there are a lot of people posting in them and some number of any group of people will behave badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think it's one thing to say to someone, when you're actually seeing it going on: "why don't you cool it for a bit, I don't think obsessively posting is doing you any good," and another thing where people say, for example: "cspam ought to be shut down, for their own good, because posting is making them mentally ill"

And I wouldn't want it made into a rule, but like, if you're calling people mentally ill it'd be good if either you're doing it as an obvious joke, or alternatively you really mean it. It's not a great way to deal with people that are just pissing you off.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Does (apparently) objectionable trump thread material really get posted frequently in other threads? I mean besides the times when someone who doesn't like it happening in the trump thread brings it up to argue something. I don't read a whole ton of threads most of the time so this is a real question.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

some plague rats posted:

I would like this stupid bullshit that's super annoying to anyone who doesn't have chat thread brain damage to be kept in it's own thread so I can not read it.

Once again, I'm going to ask: Is this a thing that actually happens with some frequency?

If so, followup, have you tried telling them to gently caress off or something?