Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I thought this was a the poo poo-posting version of D&D with a more leftist lean. I mosey all over these fine forums. I like that CSPAM is both relax fit and also had a bit of a leftist "safe space" quality. Its nice that even if we're talking about gaming or baseball there's usually a sort of leftist lean and lens over the conversation.

For the most part though SA seems to have become a more liberal/left-of-center forum though so it hasn't become a den of white supremacists and Gamergate types even if you do venture out beyond CSPAM.

But I think trying to make it more rigid is going to backfire and just turn this into D&D2 with a light Marxist flavor.

The Glenn Greenwald thread is weird though. But I guess it would be killed if it were shipped to D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Also a weird amount of hate for chat thread people even though I see a lot of the chat thread people out in all the other threads...

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I guess I'm too all over the place and don't get too into the chat thread vs non frame of mind to make the distinction. I mean, I do post in the chat threads more because :effort: but I lurk all about.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Terror Sweat posted:

Once a week, close all megathreads and then close every thread that goes over 10 pages, megathreads stifle creativity

:hmmno:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'd like each thread to be means tested.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Going to start posting a new thread for every news item so the anti-megathread people will calm down. Just a sea of 15 post threads is the way, I guess.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Harton posted:

I’m pretty sure you can post a thread from the app, I’m gonna test it out now.

You can on iOS but not Android. Unless its been changed finally.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

this, honestly. just put the chat freaks in the chat freak subforum where they belong, its simple

The Glenn thread is a chat thread though and you love it there.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Oh boy, wait until you see the rest of the forum.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

the glenn thread has more in depth discussion on many issues than any other thread on this subforum besides maybe the marxism one. your view is wrong

Its poo poo posting in defense of some weird conservative pundit.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Its honestly the one thread I do not understand being here, actually.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Love my transphobic twitter dudes.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

this thread isn't about glenn, please go be stupid somewhere else. maybe in one of the containment zone threads for stupid people, like the chat thread

Which chat thread? It's literally half of CSPAM?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Getting mad about chat threads, except for my chat thread because mine is the legitimate one.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

i literally explained to you that a thread was not that, and you stuck your fingers into your empty skull in response

You explained nothing you just stated that it wasn't?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

and i gave a reason why, even compared it with another thread that wouldn't fall into the definition of a chat thread because it has actual in depth discussion. you just simply can't read due to being stupid or chose to ignore it due to being a slightly different version of stupid

The Trump thread talks about many topics, much like the Marx thread. Ergo, it isn't a chat thread.

:smug:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

My worst mistake was leaving the safe confines of BYOB.

Quit trying to get half the forum shipped off to elsewhere, you weirdos.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

That's true. I see it a lot though and I'm a reactionary dumby.

I'm sorry for my aggro posting.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

cumshitter posted:

glenn greenwald is boring as gently caress and my eyes roll back into my head every time he comes up

he isnt a leftist and discussion of him isnt about leftist politics, but about getting angry at liberals on twitter, so i say move the thread to some other forum

Sloppily mashing the Glenn thread and the Succ Zone together and then staring back in shock as QCS and CSPAM are aflame.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Going 5 subforums in to find the concentrated shitposting thread that's two bots posting 'beefer' and 'tormp' back and forth...

I don't necessarily have an issue with CSPAM subforums though, actually. But how to split them and does doing so achieve the results people want? I mean even in this thread we have people disagreeing about which threads are 'quality' or 'sincere' or what not.

Like I'm sure the COVID19 people think they're thread is a good, serious non-chat thread. But there are obviously a number of other CSPAM posters that think its just as much of a heap as the Trump thread.

If you go for something like "effort post" v. "casual post" subforums I worry were just going to recreate D and D but yet that seems like the easier division.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

croup coughfield posted:

my hope - however naive and optimistic - is that the more egregiously unfunny idiots will be less likely to post in the rest of cspam, because its more distant and their brain parasites reduce fine motor control so its harder to make that many clicks. i used to enjoy cspam quite a bit some years ago, and its been disappointing to see what threads like the trump thread turned it into

Just out here literally dehumanizing people for posting wrong. Wild stuff.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I just find it concerning the amount of ablest and homophobic terms used to get mad about chat threads. Someone literally said the chat threads were "gay" at some point in this mess. Lots of weirdly dehumanizing poo poo too.

If for nothing else the chat threads shouldn't be moved because they'll just come back. Either get some real cudgels ready or learn to live with them because they're clinging on.

Plus,, as I've stated before, the line of what a chat thread is blurs anyway. I see all sorts of casual talk even in the more 'legitimate' threads. Especially if it a slow period of relevant news. gently caress, I've seen multiple "I just walked 4 miles" type posts in the Glenn thread over the last couple weeks, for example.

To me it all just reads as weird posting enemy drama.

Like even below you'll see Plague Rats refer to people as brain damaged for posting wrong.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Yinlock posted:

C-spam responds best to not being treated like absolute dogshit. Mods/Admins that actually ask for input or don't dismiss us as a howling mob generally get a way more positive response and are given way more slack than some dipshit bursting into the democ**t or glenn thread ready to LAY DOWN SOME FORUMS LAW

The Troubles generally only happen when someone gets hit with a serious punishment for no reason and then the staff doubles-down on the bad decision and circles the wagons. This has never once ended well for whatever bad mod started it, and inevitably leads to a hilariously embarrassing revelation followed by a self-ban.

Yeah, like I people got salty about the ban+30 for the whole Larry debacle. But the real poo poo started because he got permaed for an explicit threat with no humor or mirth.

Or that time Taintrunner almost didn't get banned.

Not that I'm trying to dig up all this old garbage, but there are multiple times the posters here had to get extra lovely because it seems like the only way to get a genuine and/or timely response to issues.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

some plague rats posted:

That was also me, I called it gay, which I'm allowed to do, because I think that's a funny thing to do

Real 2004 hours over here. Can't believe Bush got reelected.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

This isn't a thread for feedback on FYAD.

Zurtilik has issued a correction as of 01:08 on Jun 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

some plague rats posted:

lol shut up you loving idiot. Don't try to police what gay people say like a weird little nerd

Are you also mentally impaired and that's your defense for calling people brain damaged?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)