Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

bleeding kansas posted:

the only thing i think is its dumb to call trump thread a chat thread. its the republican party politics thread and it always has been. even when it was at its most active there was a ton of off-topic chat. is there more or less now? i dont really know, but every time a major story about the republican party breaks everyone posts there. calling it a chat thread is qcs trolling, but nobody cares enough to correct them. we just want to post

the other R thread is explicitly for primary politics and it was created years too early to get much activity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

I just wanted to add, thank you admins for posting this thread, as the president emeritus of cspam, this forum is dear to me. It's hard to really explain the current iteration of cspam without drawing a throughline from its beginnings in the 2015 primary campaigns. As a "political shitposting" space where you could post and not be probated by overzealous d&d or gbs mods, the bulk of early cspam posting revolved around bernie bro versus hillary supporters, a ton of gawking at the gop primary clusterfuck, and like, 4 or 5 legitimate trumper maga types. It was and is a joyful place, which is why it's a shame so many have this picture of it as a cliquey doomer zone. Over the past 5 years there have been ups and downs, the highlight for me is probably when I got 250 people mass banned for toxxing for Michael avenatti's presidential campaign, when he was imprisoned for trying to blackmail the ceos of nike and reebock. cspam is a very funny place full of very funny people, and I don't think I'm alone in saying that while I do have a broken brain for sure, cspam and the people in it make me happier than anything else on the internet.

the best posters in cspam at the moment are, like, cumshitter, gradenko crusader, 2dcat, buddykins, pener kropooplin, twoday, rah! , there's lots of others I'm forgetting because I'm fuckin high as poo poo. It's a wonderful inclusive space that tends leftist/marxist/materialist/humanist but has absolutely incredible potential for continued growth and good posts and good posting times as a community

In conclusion,
loving free lastgirl
loving free Al!
loving free mormonpartyboat

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

look all i know is if a thread gets like 300 posts a day, and most of them have nothing to do with politics, it's a chat thread

everything is political bruh

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

some plague rats posted:

My cspam feedback is that you should be re-permabanned

i like you and yr posts, my cspam feedback is that that should not happen and instead you should be nicer to me and we should be buds

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Barreft posted:

Covid thread is BAD. I agree there.

Maybe the covid thread should have an IK that actually gives a poo poo about it, rather than a joke IK appointed randomly by Jeffrey and who has never done any actual IK moderation of the thread whenever it's derailed by either sinophobic weirdos, delusional nate silver-brained anti-science types, or horny doctors looking to bang hinge honeys in YOUR area.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Athanatos posted:

Link me the covid thread, I'll head over there right now and ask them for IK suggestions

Thank you, it's https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926175&pagenumber=6135&perpage=40

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

CODChimera posted:

there's too many beefs in general

we must end them and that includes the ones with other subforums

less beefs more beefers

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

cumshitter posted:

im now a glenn greenwald guy but for harton and this is acutally way easier since harton has no strong opinions

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Harton posted:

oh poo poo son, got a new beefy thread fresh posted from the app

this calls for a celebration!

Maybe thunderbeast should have taught his son more of the posting ways

how tf

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Fortaleza posted:

Would hopefully tighten the containment that rask mentioned so we don’t get situations like the dolphin guy making GBS threads up the veganism thread or the various goobers that go into the Glenn thread shitposting lies about him being a conservative or transphobe the scurrying away when called on it.

Think back to this very thread when that one goon made a good effort post with stats to back it up and how the posting quality tanked as chat thread folks reacted to it. It’s a lame annoyance that can happen to any thread and better containment might help. Things have gotten a bit better since the thread was gassed then remade and became a bit more insular so my hunch is that it would.

You're wrong.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

its possible - ive also changed a lot over that time and im sure that plays into it. however, the chats threads and the trump thread in particular flooded this forum with people who not only had no actual political ideas or ideals, but aren't interested in developing any. its just aesthetics and spectator sport - noise - and its tiresome. that poo poo doesn't belong as a primary thread focus in a political forum. they can have the exact same conversations about their rgb funko pops or whatever the gently caress they talk about in the chat forum, where no one will mistakenly open the thread expecting a discussion of anti-capitalist politics

everything about this post is wrong

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

like why the gently caress is there a thread about casting spells in a politics forum

The communist manifesto is a spell cast hundreds of years ago. Words of power can shape the world. Hope this helps.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

her

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Jazerus posted:

personally i think you don't understand the trump thread or the subforum as a whole, if you think we have a bunch of threads that are "apolitical" or "non-leftist"

my take on literally every change to the forums structure proposed so far is that it's just meddling for meddling's sake. nobody is being hurt by the way the forum has been organized for years now. these suggestions are just a good way to make people unhappy and create divisions in the community where none existed before.

however to pick up on what a few other people have said, there are bans and permas still in place that were deeply lovely and the product of the previous administration flailing around as it died. i couldn't give you a full list of folks and i know some people like crazycloud have returned, but it might be worth asking around for candidate cases to review

mormonpartyboat was one of the finest posters not only of cspam but the whole site, he did nothing wrong and tried to help deescalation and clarification during all the bullshit that went down, and then self-permabanned out of frustration because of lowtax. I don't know if he'd even want to come back, but it's the top of my list for outstanding unjustified permaban candidates. He's smart and funny and gets it and does good photoshop work and cspam is poorer for his absence.

also can someone push the button to let me actually re reg? Jeff said I'm not permabanned and I've been posting all year and it's been lovely, but I still can't have my screen name back? Idgi.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Azathoth posted:

aww I don't even get a catchphrase drop? weak

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

cspam should only have tankie mods

no tankie? no thank ye.

commit to the bit. move the overton window left. tankie it up

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Varinn posted:

shine did suggest crowdsourcing mods

sentence pener to being a mod

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

some plague rats posted:

Just look at cumshitter posting in this very thread if you want to see how that normally goes and how unbelieveably irritating it is to read

don't sign yr posts [this is a joke]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

euphronius posted:

thank you Admin people for listening to our incredibly overwrought opinions about posting .