Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I suppose there's a gradient here as to how related to the forum's "purpose" a thread is, but I don't know why a given forum's community can't have a little off topic thread about something. if there wasn't a desire for a parenting thread in CSPAM, it wouldn't be frequented and wouldn't be on the first page. but I think other people have a stronger idea of what a forum's purpose is meant to be than I do, which I respect

that’s kinda where im at on the matter; the trump/chat threads do suck the oxygen out of the room, but i think that also reflects where people’s heads were at and what they gravitated towards wanting to post about

anyway i think cspam will always need a current events thread that will probably get off-topic when there’s not much insanity going on, but we could also do more to generate discussion that hopefully leads people to work that improves conditions in general

i am definitely guilty of avoiding the denser threads because i didnt think i was well read enough to participate, but that said i deeply appreciate pushing to make cspam a better forum and while i have no concrete suggestions in this post i will read more and maybe be able to contribute later

but if i don’t there’s plenty here that will, and we should encourage and foster that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my new feedback is that I like the above users av, and Root is a great game and everyone in cspam should play it