Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

MikusR posted:

Windows 11 is made by Ableton?

Ableton is pretty much using Documents as intended, for user-owned files that aren't tied to a program's installation. OneDrive syncing that folder without any user input is just sleazy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Combat Pretzel posted:

Apparently the latest builds of Windows 11 Pro enable Bitlocker by default on a fresh install, and they don't give a way to disable it in the installer apparently.

Can you at least turn it off after the install?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Celexi posted:

dell commander wont update the bios if the bios is locked down and you don't have the password

and to enable that field you need to run dell command as admin fyi

Dell commander turned off bitlocker to update when I used it which got me an email from IT.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My bank asks me to authorize logging in every. Single. Time. It's a bit annoying, but I guess if it helps keep people out of my account I'm willing to put up with it.

i just wish my credit union had proper totp instead of sms 2FA