Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Why the gently caress are there preview updates

We are the beta testers now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Why would you need to?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
It's bonkers how features from Windows 95 like positioning the taskbar are gone. Just garbage.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Tiny Timbs posted:

I have a Windows 98 machine right next to me and you'd be shocked at how much quicker it does basic UI things like "open the start menu" lol

I won't because I do too. You'll pry 3dfx cards and directx 7 from my cold dead hands.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

bofa salesman posted:

I was able to change those icons, but it seems like it only affects the stuff in that menu. The volume settings thing in the taskbar is still backwards and I can't seem to find any way to change these ones. I could rename them so that at least matches but that's all I could find.

Isn't windows great

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/CasualUK_/status/1649047422654648320?s=20

:lol:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

mobby_6kl posted:

Here's a cool feature. If you have a modal dialog thing open in the settings up, you can't move it or the underlying window, except by using this tiny segment in the red rectangle lol.

But why does this exist

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Windows: the answer is usually diskpart

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Why does scrolling the task manager in W11 feel like 30 fps, why is Microsoft this way

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

redeyes posted:

What? It has no 'scrolling smoothness' What are you talking about.

It looks and feels like poo poo

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

NFX posted:

Got it

My favourite is still when they converted Zip to Postcode from US to British English (yes, a zip file). Probably tried to automate it

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
I enjoy how pre boot environments still have old school resolutions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Dick Trauma posted:

This morning I saw a popup about Dynamic Lighting being available and it took me to a settings panel I hadn't seen before that allowed me to fiddle with the LED logo on my mouse.

Same but for a mouse that doesn't have customisable lights. Good job Microsoft!