Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
okrs?
dropping okrs
team okrs
product okrs
function okrs
individual okrs
detailed okrs
abstract okrs
okrs
View Results

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

It's almost a new quarter, and we all know that means it's time for a new OKR methodology! What are you doing this time around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
:orks:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i dont know what okr is op

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
you forgot cross-functional okrs op

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

okrs for collaboration but nobody approved funding for any projects outside of the existing product orgs

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
turns out we have an yearly product cycle, so every quarter we just copy the okrs from 4 quarters ago with slight modifications.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
*grades okrs for last quarter as half completed*

ok, now it’s time to move on to whole new stuff since we don’t care about those anymore

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
my vacation starts today so i don't know, op

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

we will soend the next two keeps gathering data and setting up sprints and plan to throw it all away next quarter when the next round of senior leadership coups happens

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

When we had OKRs (for years) in every quarterly meeting I'd have to ask what an OKR is, then immediately forget until the next meeting.

Still have no idea

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
someone tell me the difference between okr and kpi

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

doesn’t matter, we’ll gently caress it up anyway

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m just gonna assume okr stands for optical kubernetes relay or some poo poo

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
my company has a weekly all-hands where we go over the okrs for like 15 minutes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

doesn’t matter, we’ll gently caress it up anyway

this is the correct answer

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

this thread is triggering me

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the first time I had okrs I was like, we said we will do all these things but you’re asking me to work on this other thing that isn’t related. when it came to score them obviously they were low. my boss didn’t seem to care and it didn’t affect anything so I stopped caring too.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Fortaleza posted:

When we had OKRs (for years) in every quarterly meeting I'd have to ask what an OKR is, then immediately forget until the next meeting.

Still have no idea

same

objectives and key results.
it just means what you think you will do this quarter. it’s how idiots measure productivity.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

oh-know-right?

Illiterature initialisms?

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
KPIs are the one metric that's even dumber than sprint velocity

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Still have no idea

It's the most important thing for doing your job properly, there's obviously a systematic issue with how your org works. Have you considered putting them on the first slide at every weekly meeting?

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

pointsofdata posted:

It's the most important thing for doing your job properly, there's obviously a systematic issue with how your org works. Have you considered putting them on the first slide at every weekly meeting?

username/post combo

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The Management posted:

the first time I had okrs I was like, we said we will do all these things but you’re asking me to work on this other thing that isn’t related. when it came to score them obviously they were low. my boss didn’t seem to care and it didn’t affect anything so I stopped caring too.

at my org they want everyone to have Microsoft certs so they can attain and keep Gold/Platinum/Unobtainium Partner Status.
basically, what they really want is for people to go off and study in their own time, but they can't come out and say that part.

every single year in the performance review they bring up training and add it to my development plan.
every single year I rate myself "no action due to 100% billable" and nothing good or bad ever happens about it.
then we add it to next year's development plan.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

seems like a system you got going there

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
love when our okr tracking thing sends me an automated mail to remind me that my okrs haven't been touched in forever

my lead cares about them about just as much as I do so

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

the hell is an OKR?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
KDE's new OCR library

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

KDE's new OCR library

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Fortaleza posted:

the hell is an OKR?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
To achieve alignment with what our organization expects to see in your OKRs, please read this John Doerr book "Measure What Matters" and come prepared to talk about your OKRs at our 1:1.

(Please note: I will make up my own definition of what a good OKR is that is unrelated to this book.)

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Fortaleza posted:

the hell is an OKR?

it's the corporate version of a new years resolution

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Zlodo posted:

:discourse:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my wife’s company had the genius idea to divide the year into six quarters, two months each, so they can jam more okrs in there

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Zlodo posted:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Did you know that if you compare one quarters OKR score (0.7) and compare it to the next quarters OKR score (0.6), you can now draw strong conclusions about the health of your organisation and the need to reorganise teams. congratulations on being data driven.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

weirdly i think that correctly applied it is a pretty good exercise, get everyone thinking about the bigger picture for a moment. but i think barely anyone applying these things actually understand or appreciate the purpose.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

my wife’s company had the genius idea to divide the year into six quarters, two months each, so they can jam more okrs in there

I'm surprised they can even commit to doing a 1:1 with every employee every two months

(I'd guess they can't actually)

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 9, 2021

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

~Coxy posted:

I'm surprised they can even commit to doing a 1:1 with every employee every two months

(I'm guess they can't actually)

yeah idk about that either. she’s only been working there a month so far

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MrQueasy posted:

To achieve alignment with what our organization expects to see in your OKRs, please read this John Doerr book "Measure What Matters" and come prepared to talk about your OKRs at our 1:1.

(Please note: I will make up my own definition of what a good OKR is that is unrelated to this book.)

Additionally, we won't be giving you the book or letting you expense it or letting you charge time for reading it.

E: *angrily eyes copy of Start with Why on bookshelf*

E2: That being said, as :jerkbag: business books go Start with Why seems better than most? :shrug:

E3: Truth be told I think they were going to let me expense it if they hadn't canned my worthless rear end before the expense got approved (and it might have actually been approved and tacked onto my last check come to think of it) so I withdraw my :objection:.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jul 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

quote is not edit