Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Communist Thoughts posted:

Quantum just means small it doesn't mean magic god damnit you quantum people
:eng101:
quantum fluctuation are random. that means materialist determinism is false. checkmate Marx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Danger posted:

is this a bit. my brain is so poisoned I honestly can’t tell.

phenomenological 'reality' is a bit

magick is just consciously choosing to not automatically yes-and the dumb bullshit the normies are caught up in

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

This is my favorite spell. The Icelandic branch of modern European occultism has the best spells. Some are even useful, probably.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Rutibex posted:

actually materialism is the absurd fantasy. Marx didn't have access to quantum mechanics or the holographic principal. he was blinded by 19th century reductionism

Of course. What was missing from the mechanics of capitalist exploitation through the organization of labor and capital is the ~Quantum Realm~

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Wizard posted:

This is my favorite spell. The Icelandic branch of modern European occultism has the best spells. Some are even useful, probably.

i'm gonna summon this ghost. i hope he doesn't just speak icelandic

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ram dass in hell posted:

phenomenological 'reality' is a bit

magick is just consciously choosing to not automatically yes-and the dumb bullshit the normies are caught up in

Reality is a consensus

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Internet Wizard posted:

sounds retarded OP

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Internet Wizard posted:

what runes are these they look p left legged

"draugstafur" seems like the first word which matches with "ghost stave" but i dunno if i'm reading this right and also don't actually know any languages even english

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
remember way back i think when proud boys first started there was some nerd with a helm of terror sharpied onto a pristine white hardhat

like dude crom is not going to smile upon you what are you doing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/NoamChompers/status/1422675035014062080

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

Reality is a consensus

I don't agree to that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPO76Jlnz6c

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:hmmyes:
thats the stuff. im sure it sells a lot better than boring old plato

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

SniperWoreConverse posted:

what runes are these they look p left legged

"draugstafur" seems like the first word which matches with "ghost stave" but i dunno if i'm reading this right and also don't actually know any languages even english

They're probably based on the medieval runic alphabet, but knowing the dude who wrote The Sorcerer's Creed it might just be half made up. Most of what he wrote was completely made up or based on early-modern continental occultism.

I had to read some Von Daniken last semester and he is just such an absolutely garbage writer, the man absolutely refused to put together more of an argument than pointing at selectively cropped pictures and pretending there's no surrounding context.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Internet Wizard posted:

I had to read some Von Daniken last semester and he is just such an absolutely garbage writer, the man absolutely refused to put together more of an argument than pointing at selectively cropped pictures and pretending there's no surrounding context.

how dare you post the secret recipe for selling "non-fiction"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Marx failed to account for the Warp from Warhammer 40k

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AFPphoto/status/1422995758341509121?s=20

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

Marx failed to account for the Warp from Warhammer 40k

marx was a stupid loving muggle

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I cast resurrect on this thread in order to make the following claim:

Capital is nothing less than the demiurge, in a literal sense. It exists outside of the will of any individual capitalist, and in a practical sense outside of their collective will. It has its own goals and agency completely alien to humanity. In short, we accidentally created an evil idiot-god that is the ultimate enemy of all life.

Karl Marx posted:

The essence of money is … the mediating activity or movement, the human, social act by which man’s products mutually complement one another, is estranged from man and becomes the attribute of money, a material thing outside man. Since man alienates this mediating activity itself, he is active here only as a man who has lost himself and is dehumanised; the relation itself between things, man’s operation with them, becomes the operation of an entity outside man and above man. Owing to this alien mediator – instead of man himself being the mediator for man – man regards his will, his activity and his relation to other men as a power independent of him and them. His slavery, therefore, reaches its peak. It is clear that this mediator now becomes a real God, for the mediator is the real power over what it mediates to me. Its cult becomes an end in itself.

Straight from the horse's mouth, baby! Further reading here: https://ianwrightsite.wordpress.com/2020/09/03/marx-on-capital-as-a-real-god-2/

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

capital is 100% the circulatory system of some dark motherfucking eldritch bitch and i'm gonna topple it myself!!!!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
capital is definitly some form of demon, who gains control if anyone who touches his tokens. But he's not the demiurge.

the demiurge controls all of material reality, if he existed than dialectical materialism would just be an illusion created by his will

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

A Russian troll farm posted:

I cast resurrect on this thread in order to make the following claim:

Capital is nothing less than the demiurge, in a literal sense. It exists outside of the will of any individual capitalist, and in a practical sense outside of their collective will. It has its own goals and agency completely alien to humanity. In short, we accidentally created an evil idiot-god that is the ultimate enemy of all life.

Straight from the horse's mouth, baby! Further reading here: https://ianwrightsite.wordpress.com/2020/09/03/marx-on-capital-as-a-real-god-2/

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/tedchiang/the-real-danger-to-civilization-isnt-ai-its-runaway

quote:

Consider: Who pursues their goals with monomaniacal focus, oblivious to the possibility of negative consequences? Who adopts a scorched-earth approach to increasing market share? This hypothetical strawberry-picking AI does what every tech startup wishes it could do — grows at an exponential rate and destroys its competitors until it’s achieved an absolute monopoly. The idea of superintelligence is such a poorly defined notion that one could envision it taking almost any form with equal justification: a benevolent genie that solves all the world’s problems, or a mathematician that spends all its time proving theorems so abstract that humans can’t even understand them. But when Silicon Valley tries to imagine superintelligence, what it comes up with is no-holds-barred capitalism.

(…)

I used to find it odd that these hypothetical AIs were supposed to be smart enough to solve problems that no human could, yet they were incapable of doing something most every adult has done: taking a step back and asking whether their current course of action is really a good idea. Then I realized that we are already surrounded by machines that demonstrate a complete lack of insight, we just call them corporations. Corporations don’t operate autonomously, of course, and the humans in charge of them are presumably capable of insight, but capitalism doesn’t reward them for using it. On the contrary, capitalism actively erodes this capacity in people by demanding that they replace their own judgment of what “good” means with “whatever the market decides.”

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Good article, but he loses the thread in the last sentence:

quote:

What we need is for companies to do the same — not to abandon capitalism completely, just to rethink the way they practice it. We need them to behave better than the AIs they fear and demonstrate a capacity for insight.

He was doing great right up until then, but he hit a wall that he could not scale, because he does not have the tools to do so: namely, the esoteric science of gnostic marxism. Archons do not act counter to the will of the demiurge! Amazon is not capable of choosing to do the right thing, it is a vessel through which the will of Capital manifests itself. You may as well ask that next time a gun is being used in a school shooting, it do the right thing and refuse to have its trigger pulled.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Rutibex posted:

capital is definitly some form of demon, who gains control if anyone who touches his tokens. But he's not the demiurge.

the demiurge controls all of material reality, if he existed than dialectical materialism would just be an illusion created by his will

Dialectical materialism was sent to us by the true God so that we may use it to escape from this punishment realm.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dialectical materialism was sent to us by the true God so that we may use it to escape from this punishment realm.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:hmmyes:
you are a wise sage

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

gnosticism real, so what

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/cxWsAPd.mp4

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Capital is a self-organized demon which eats entropy or complexity or whatever that we've summoned by meddling with productive forces beyond comprehension and now it's mind controlling humanity to own ourselves, as a joke.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

:gas:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zodium posted:

Capital is a self-organized demon which eats entropy or complexity or whatever that we've summoned by meddling with productive forces beyond comprehension and now it's mind controlling humanity to own ourselves, as a joke.

im the joker baby

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Cast any spells lately?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

watched a takedown of hocus pocus recently. turns out it was actually a bad movie. childhood ruined

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im the joker baby

:evilbuddy:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

You can always tell that Ouija boards are fake bullshit because the spirits on the other side are never racist.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Grevling posted:

Cast any spells lately?

rank 5 summon dipshit, was starting to think it didn't work. phew

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

watched a takedown of hocus pocus recently. turns out it was actually a bad movie. childhood ruined

thats not how real magic works. you need to watch The Craft (1996)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Rutibex posted:

thats not how real magic works. you need to watch The Craft (1996)

ive obviously watched the craft, and it mostly holds up