Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://covertactionmagazine.com/20...being-tortured/ McCain’s oft-told story of ill-treatment and torture is contradicted by Nguyen Tien Tran, the chief prison guard of the jail in which McCain was held. In a report by The Guardian, “[Tran] acknowledged that conditions in the prison were ‘tough, though not inhuman’. But, he added: ‘We never tortured McCain. On the contrary, we saved his life, curing him with extremely valuable medicines that at times were not available to our own wounded’. . . . [H]e denied torturing him, saying it was his mission to ensure that McCain survived. As the son of the US naval commander in Vietnam, he offered a potential valuable propaganda weapon.”

Most of the others promoting a heroized image of U.S. POW’s were graduates of service academies and came from privileged backgrounds. They included a) James Stockdale, who ran for Vice President in 1992 as the running mate of Ross Perot; b) Robinson Risner, a double recipient of the Air Force Cross, the second highest military decoration for valor; and c) Jeremiah Denton, who went on to become the first Republican Senator from the state of Alabama and a close ally of President Ronald Reagan.

John McCain fit well with this group because he was also academically privileged and his family included high-ranking military officers like his father, Jack, who was an admiral and the Commander of the U.S. Pacific Command. JOhn mccain is afreaking badass Lol... No amerikan armyman is innocent of war crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Algund Eenboom posted:

‘We never tortured McCain. On the contrary, we saved his life, curing him with extremely valuable medicines that at times were not available to our own wounded’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYk2nA-Suzs

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
not sure I should trust this prison guard but hell, might as well believe him. there’s no downside

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Prison guard is probably more trustworthy than a silver spoon dipshit who abandoned his wife when she was dying like the motherfuckin silent hill 2 protagonist

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

wish they had, to death preferably.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I believe Vietnamese above any American account of what went on over there, when assholes like Ted Lieu continue to spew that we won every battle there.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

You ruined my day op

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Like the guard is totally gonna say he's a massive torturer.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
So why were his arms all hosed up?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Zurtilik posted:

he did it to himself. carved a backwards B into his skin

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Zurtilik posted:

He crashed a lot of planes

How else would he get so hosed up

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

we should ask John McCain his side of the story...

Oh we can't

shame

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Mustached Demon posted:

we should ask John McCain his side of the story...

Oh we can't

shame

:wow:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i wonder why his shoulders didn't work well then

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He was trying to autofellate and broke both of his shoulders idk?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

jacking off accident

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This is why you never go akimbo when jacking

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

idk op, I don’t think US senators are allowed to lie

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wouldn't he have drowned if the NVA didn't save him?

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
Don't worry guys, I'm having snopes figure out if John McCain was tortured or not

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dreylad posted:

i wonder why his shoulders didn't work well then

He was a lousy pilot. I hear plane crashes can hurt a lot.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

disappointed to learn john mccain was not in fact horrifically tortured by the Vietnamese

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Not true OP, he had a daughter. Meghan.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I hate the [Honorable Vietnamese People] I will hate them for as long as I live! - John McCain

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

What kind of hosed up weirdo *wants* Mccain to have been horrifically tortured? I fully accept this as reality, because it means theres just a little less torture in the world

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the John McCain defender has logged on

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
very petty of you to post this while the US is accepting defeat limited success in afghanistan :mad:

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

its true, every time mccain was kicked in the balls it was by request

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Actually John McCain is being tortured for eternity in the fires of Hell

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Buck Wildman posted:

disappointed to learn john mccain was not in fact horrifically tortured by the Vietnamese

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The cumboys were right about why mccain can't lift his arms.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

really mean of this man to disparage an ace pilot of the nva

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Salean posted:

its true, every time mccain was kicked in the balls it was by request

Don't kinkshame an honored veteran. John McCain is an ace combat pilot who destroyed five US warplanes, a heroic service to the peoples of the world

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hatebag posted:

Prison guard is probably more trustworthy than a silver spoon dipshit who abandoned his wife when she was dying like the motherfuckin silent hill 2 protagonist

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

Not true OP, he had a daughter. Meghan.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Nix Panicus posted:

What kind of hosed up weirdo *wants* Mccain to have been horrifically tortured? I fully accept this as reality, because it means theres just a little less torture in the world

I dunno, it would've made his actions SLIGHTLY more excusable after the fact if he'd been broken and was just the shell of a man who'd endured horrors nobody could fathom. Instead he was just a loving piece of poo poo Nazi like every other Republican warmongering rich piece of poo poo. I guess he wasn't a rapist, though? So there's some silver lining to John McCain.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
McCain was never tortured. The only torture he was ever involved with was torturing america with his lovely maverick persona

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
#believeprisonguards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Spinz posted:

#believeprisonguards

Believe a Vietcong soldier before any American, that's my position.