Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

"wow michael ian black AND megan mccain? sign me up!" - a guy who steals discarded teeth out of medical waste bins, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Apoplexy posted:

Believe a Vietcong soldier before any American, that's my position.

are vietnamese cops bastards?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

John Charity Spring posted:

he did it to himself. carved a backwards B into his skin

:hmmyes:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

paranoid randroid posted:

"wow michael ian black AND megan mccain? sign me up!" - a guy who steals discarded teeth out of medical waste bins, probably

dont doxx me

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

yes they are. however, brave soldiers of the NVA are not cops

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

Some of our faves are implicated

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Mayor Dave posted:

Some of our faves are implicated

lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Copyrighted Material

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Actually, I think you will find that John McCain is currently in hell, and is being tortured as we speak.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Imagine having a position that is still indefensible after ignoring the morality of it

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

mccain hosed up his arms crashing all those planes and blamed it on torture so people would treat him like a war hero instead of a fuckup failson

lmao

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

really mean of this man to disparage an ace pilot of the nva

seriously. my man bagged a carrier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_USS_Forrestal_fire

officially john mccaine didn't do it, officially it was a freak accident that just so happened to happen right next to the aircraft of the admiral's son that ended up ditching four aircraft while he was prepping for takeoff

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Raiad posted:

mccain hosed up his arms crashing all those planes and blamed it on torture so people would treat him like a war hero instead of a fuckup failson

lmao

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
theyrre really trying to undermine their own cred by admitting this

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

theyrre really trying to undermine their own cred by admitting this

A noble sacrifice for the sake of clowning on Mccain by saying he made up being tortured.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
the real reason john mccaine couldn't raise his arms was fear that extending them outward would sufficiently resemble an airplane that his body would enter an uncontrollable stall

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

the Vietnamese returned him so he could live a long life with his daughter

if that isn't torture I don't know what is

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Two Former POWs Say They Doubt McCain Was Physically Abused

1999 - March 25, 1999, The Phoenix New Times: Ted Guy and Gordon "Swede" Larson, two former POWs, who were McCain's senior ranking officers (SRO's),
at the time McCain says he was tortured in solitary confinement, told the New Times that while they could not guarantee that McCain was not physically harmed, they doubted it.

"Between the two of us, it's our belief, and to the best of our knowledge, that no prisoner was beaten or harmed physically in that camp [known as "The Plantation"]," Larson says. ". . . My only contention with the McCain deal is that while he was at The Plantation, to the best of my knowledge and Ted's knowledge, he was not physically abused in any way. No one was in that camp. It was the camp that people were released from."

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
he kind of looks like pete buttigieg

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

exmarx posted:

he kind of looks like pete buttigieg

Mayor Pete was not the first person I associated with an image of a greyhaired man in a Navy uniform

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
It was torture for him that he couldn't kill more vietnamnese people while in prison so I give that claim 5 million pinocchios

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

the Vietnamese returned him so he could live a long life with his daughter

if that isn't torture I don't know what is

I bet his first wife/ex probably wishes the torture story was true.

The story how he got a "newer" model later on in life was such a sleezeball story.

lmao it was also sleepy joes wife who setup the whole thing

quote:

Hensley met John McCain in April 1979 at a military reception in Honolulu, Hawaii. He was the U.S. Navy liaison officer to the United States Senate, and was accompanying a group of senators heading for China.

She was in Hawaii on a family vacation with her parents.

Hensley was talking to Jill Biden, the wife of Senator Joe Biden, who suggested that she talk to McCain; her father made the introduction. He was almost 18 years her senior; by her later description, each fudged the age they said they were to the other: "He made himself younger, and I made myself older, of course."

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The cumboys were right about why mccain can't lift his arms.

because hes dead?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
We don’t know the truth but it does make sense that the Vietnamese realized they had a high value asset in the form of an admirals son and would have preferred that he not die

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not true. i was there. they were always loving up his legs. they were literally importing baseball bats just for the irony cause he loved baseball. they'd yell "fore!" and bash his legs really bad.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Drunkboxer posted:

not sure I should trust this prison guard but hell, might as well believe him. there’s no downside

same

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but yeah id file this under "soldiers say they never killed women or children"

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

dont tarnish t he mans legacy. he's dead. be respectful

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Are we absolutely certain the man didn't fake his death too?!?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kinda hard to fake your brain exploding inside your noggin

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

John Charity Spring posted:

he did it to himself. carved a backwards B into his skin

It was a T for torture which is why it took so long for us to notice it was backwards

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lpzie posted:

dont tarnish t he mans legacy. he's dead. be respectful

shouldn't you be busy getting ready to get dunked on by woopi goldberg all week?

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
I read his bio as a chud kid in early 2000s and even he admits to committing war crimes, they were bombing loving power plants to residential area. He crashed multiple times because he was a lovely pilot. He also was a lovely shot and again, committed war crimes. They claim he was shot down by a SAM but I don't believe it and think he just crashed because he was a loving clown loser. The only.reason he is alive is because Vietnam military rescued him from his crash that hosed his body up. I believe the guards

Edit:

Amount of us military propaganda is stunning. Like even the wikipedia page is stunning bullshit. This part:

Although McCain was seriously wounded and injured, his captors refused to treat him. They beat and interrogated him to get information, and he was given medical care only when the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was an admiral.[43] His status as a prisoner of war (POW) made the front pages of major American newspapers.[44][45]

Is just a lie. He was pulled out of a lake, likely tp.be lynched because again, he was committing war crimes. VC saved him and treated him. It's in his loving biography

Brogeoisie has issued a correction as of 15:09 on Jun 27, 2021

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i enjoyed the dollop ep about him. hearing one guy slowly learn what a fuckup dickhead mccain was pretty funny

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I tortured John McCain

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

If Hell did not exist, we would have to create it to torture John McCain

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The cumboys were right about why mccain can't lift his arms.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
John McCain crashed 3 planes and then the economy

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
john mccain flew a jet upside down to come in he own mouth and crashed, the vietcong were so embarrassed for him they preserved his lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Believe a Vietcong soldier before any American, that's my position.

but he was an nva soldier