Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
If you think W had it easy, check out Reagan’s military service

https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/reagans/ronald-reagan/military-service-ronald-reagan

He did PR movies and voice over work for recruitment and training videos

He was stationed in Burbank and never saw a nazi (well, not a German one anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
just when he looked in a mirror

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

when i was younger i considered dubya's absentee military career as one of the many reasons i loathed the man. now i realize it was probably the most laudable thing the fuckster ever did.

similarly, ducking out of vietnam even out of cowardice is still the most honorable action in trump's life

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The article in the OP goes into a lot more detail about how bullshit the tortured POW myth is, based on the book it's summarizing.

US POWs were treated fairly well even compared to the average North Vietnamese, being given basic medical care and adequate food. Lower class enlisted and draftees tended to sympathize with the Vietnamese - especially black POWs. It was the officers from upper class backgrounds who were psychotically committed to the war on Vietnam. They'd often emaciate and mutilate themselves just to make it look like they were being tortured for film reels.

If you doubt the Vietnamese denial that they tortured McCain, then read the article.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I remember a pow account where the worst treatment the guy recalled was when it was about Christmas time, the NVA sent a chaplain to the camp to give out complimentary oranges asking everyone if they were Christian, and then some dumb rear end in a top hat said no and didn’t get an orange

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

can you get probed for questioning the John McCain Story in dnd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mawarannahr posted:

can you get probed for questioning the John McCain Story in dnd?

John McCain's torture was being forced to post in dnd