Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
it broke 100 decrees today. loving hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hot up north again, but thankfully we've barely been going above 30. The smoke is the worst part.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Thanks for tanking our Heat Dome, Portland.

Hourly Weather-Scottsdale, AZ
As of 9:42 pm MST
Friday, August 13
Severe Thunderstorm Warning 5 alerts
9:45 pm
72°
Strong Storms
92%
S 5 mph
10:00 pm
72°
Thunderstorms
84%
S 5 mph

Now excuse me while I try to stop my car from floating away down the local aqueduct street due to the Monsoon and Haboob conditions.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

My son's mother is from AZ and I laughed my rear end off several years ago when we were watching a Seahawks@Cardinals game on tv and the big story was that the governor had declared a state of emergency because they were flooded from 2 inches of rain. She helped me understand that they never really get rain like that so there's no infrastructure to deal with it. Still hilarious for me, being from Oregon.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

My son's mother is from AZ and I laughed my rear end off several years ago when we were watching a Seahawks@Cardinals game on tv and the big story was that the governor had declared a state of emergency because they were flooded from 2 inches of rain. She helped me understand that they never really get rain like that so there's no infrastructure to deal with it. Still hilarious for me, being from Oregon.

Yeah, flash floods here are no joke. We are now up to 9(!) Severe Weather Warnings. I think that the people writing the warnings may not be speaking to each other.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a building.

Large hail and damaging winds and continuous cloud to ground lightning is occurring with this storm. Move indoors immediately. Lightning is one of nature's leading killers. Remember, if you can hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck by lightning.

Torrential rainfall is occurring with this storm, and may lead to flash flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flooded roadways.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Meme Poker Party posted:

Stay cool, posters.

She coolin'

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Happy Landfill posted:

I miss sweater weather :sigh:

Move to Sweden, the weather has been goddamned perfect here in Stockholm. I just hope the gulf stream doesn't decide to gently caress itself up lol

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The smoke got extremely bad here again. This morning it smelled disgusting, it was very similar to beer-soaked cigarette ash. This evening it went back to smelling like concentrated campfire, but it was so thick I could see it indoors and it hurt to breathe. Combined with another heat wave, I feel like I'm dying.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Smoke in north Idaho had visibility down to about 500 yards the other morning. Running a 30" tall air filter in the house non-stop and hitting an inhaler before I go outside. I walk out the door and my first breathe feels like I stuck my head into a campfire. I can be out and about for an hour until the asthma kicks in. I haven't had asthma attacks in 25 years. Should hit 90F today. Luckily the local fires are somewhat contained, so not too likely to have everything burn to the ground, just smoldering out a ton of smoke.

Sun color is currently orange.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Social media is full of people whining about how Banff has asked people to stay away this weekend in the event of an evacuation, it's not fair that city folk can't visit to see the smoke hide the views of the mountains then cause hours of gridlock traffic out of the area. There was a small fire just outside Canmore two days ago and it was chaos because they shut one of two highways down to fight the fire and people were trapped in traffic for hours, and that's with no evacuations at all. Imagine if ten thousand other people all had to flee at the same time all the weekend warriors were done their hike of the day.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

goddamn yikes

https://twitter.com/KatieNicholson/status/1427054387256455169

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-highway-crash-1.6141876

quote:

Police say heavy wildfire smoke is preventing an air ambulance from landing at the site of a serious vehicle crash in southern Alberta.

Police said due to the remote location, information about the crash was limited and that heavy wildfire smoke was preventing STARS air ambulance from landing safely at the location.

Chatter in outdoors social media groups allege at least one person died and that if the helicopter could land, they may have survived.