Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Wait is it this "You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now." ?

If that's the thing, it's from a story I wrote a long rear end time ago and should probably work on finishing. If it's anything else, I'm stupid and can't figure out how to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its getting hot again

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

numberoneposter posted:

its getting hot again

Hell, same.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nelly's back yall

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nelly's back yall
i actually cant stop listening to Pump It and a lot of other Black Eyed Peas songs

and a lot of Outkast from about the same time

its all so good. put it on spotify mix and yell BANGER ALERT!!!! when a good one comes on

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

it's going to be 109 on thursday in portland :negative:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Gonna be a hot one!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Dear Watson posted:

Gonna be a hot one!
its not the heat that gets ya

its theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

So who wants to throw down on renting a house on the coast for Wednesday - Friday to escape the heat? Anyone? Please???

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Good thing my portable AC is coming tomorrow :shepicide:

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

stay cool pnw goons

https://twitter.com/VCHhealthcare/status/1425999549974212616

https://twitter.com/CityofVancouver/status/1425998179485487107

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

On a related note,

Italy may have hit Europe’s hottest day on record as anticyclone ‘Lucifer’ sweeps in

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Tip posted:

it's going to be 109 on thursday in portland :negative:

it ended up only getting to 103

we were probably cooled down by the refreshing cloud of smoke that's now covering the city

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

HELL YAH CRANK IT UP!!! IT WAS ONLY 30 C HERE TODAY!!!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

its actually so dry a local park had a grass fire lol lmao am i right?

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

it is warm and i am uncomfortable

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was out of AC for one night and it was 81F and 80% humidity and I wasn't happy. I can't believe what you guys are going through.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I miss sweater weather :sigh:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

numberoneposter posted:

its actually so dry a local park had a grass fire lol lmao am i right?

A neighbor's electric pole caught fire yesterday. This is just delightful. At least one of our friend's moms dropped off a window AC and there's a creek. Everyone is camping on the Stilly this weekend.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
this is fuckin bullshit

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There's been no smoke here for two days now, after 3 or so solid weeks, sometimes so bad you couldn't even see a kilometer away. I'm being judged for being a hermit, but the smoke gives me severe chest pain and I can barely handle heat either. Outside is terrifying now. I don't want any part of it until frost forms on the grass in the morning.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Remember when dumbasses would be like "we sure could use some of that global warming!" when there would be like 1/2" of snow?

I live about an hour south of Portland and we've had multiple 100+ days this year. I never had AC growing up and I always thought having an AC in your window=trash but I put one in this year because I didn't want to make my girlfriend live in a hotbox and then I got used to it once I realized it cost very little on my electric bill.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Happy Landfill posted:

I miss sweater weather :sigh:

The people who hate sweater weather are getting their way

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Stay cool, posters.

naem
May 29, 2011

I fled the west coast, and my new basement apt is positively chilly with the added bonus that in a flood I’ll drown

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Just checking in again to say I hate this heat and I hate the smoke even more and I am once again filled with existential dread for our coming heat and smoke filled future. Drinking may commence at noon.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
my heat is hosed up and I haven't showered in 4 days because the water is ice cold. i smell so bad but thankfully half the other people on cap hill do too

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

my heat is hosed up and I haven't showered in 4 days because the water is ice cold. i smell so bad but thankfully half the other people on cap hill do too

If I have to be hot, sweaty, and mistaken for homeless that's the neighborhood to be in.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

UnSmith posted:

If I have to be hot, sweaty, and mistaken for homeless that's the neighborhood to be in.

im already half way to crust punk so it works out

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
It's not worth going camping in moderate or 'unhealthy for sensitive groups' air quality, is it?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I live on the hill, my water is fine. Want to come borrow our shower? It's just me and my gf working from home, we have air conditioning too. Shoot me a pm if needed!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

its cool all the smoke from forest fires has lowered the UV and temperature

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Vim Fuego posted:

It's not worth going camping in moderate or 'unhealthy for sensitive groups' air quality, is it?

I sure as gently caress wouldn't, but I'm that wuss who starts weezing and hating life at the slightest hint of smoke..

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

depends, but its not like its smog with weird exhaust pollutants, its just a whole bunch of carbon, that being said i like https://waqi.info/ to check for how bad it is

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

HonorableTB posted:

I live on the hill, my water is fine. Want to come borrow our shower? It's just me and my gf working from home, we have air conditioning too. Shoot me a pm if needed!

i would but thankfully a friend and i are going to get a hotel together in belltown and im going to shower there. i sincerely do appreciate it though. it's very appreciated, and i do mean that

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

numberoneposter posted:

depends, but its not like its smog with weird exhaust pollutants, its just a whole bunch of carbon, that being said i like https://waqi.info/ to check for how bad it is

Yeah, I've been checking https://www.airnow.gov/ and it just keeps getting worse. Time to sit inside all weekend and stew in my own funk :(

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Vim Fuego posted:

Yeah, I've been checking https://www.airnow.gov/ and it just keeps getting worse. Time to sit inside all weekend and stew in my own funk :(

Stewing in one's own funk is a tried and true PNW past time. Or so I hear..

yello
Nov 28, 2000

Jesus Fucking Christ I posted in a stupid GBS avatar thread and some piece of shit saddled me with this spiteful nightmare fuel.
Grimey Drawer

UnSmith posted:

Stewing in one's own funk is a tried and true PNW past time. Or so I hear..

Can confirm. If it wasn’t hot AF and smoky outside I’d still be sitting up here, greasy and sweaty, in this tiny box of an office.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Driving around today. My work vehicle is air conditioned and that is the sole reason I didn't call in.

This is my walk to work now, just close to a kilometer of dead and dying trees along the path. Even the trees that the city puts those watering bags on aren't looking to good.

I thought the smoke that rolled in was going to damper the heat but instead it got even hotter than yesterday and my lungs hurt now too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Portland isn't meant to be a desert. that's one of the reasons I friggin came here