Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
sorry guys I saw a snow this winter so that means global warming can't be real. guess y'all just a bunch of whiny babies about nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I spotted this here in Portland earlier today and wanted to dive into a cold swimming pool so badly

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Big Scary Owl posted:

Is Seattle always hot like this during summer or is this a sign of global warming and we're doomed?

lol no, this is unprecedented and we're hosed

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
its getting about time to consider putting some type of sun shade in space tbh.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Come back when it's in celsius binch

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It's 21C here right now. Lil chilly. Beginning of Witner tho so it makes sense.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPTjLXpAgqM

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Any thread about how hot it is in a certain location will bring out people from hot places saying "That's not hot! I am the one who knows about hot weather!"

Any thread about how cold it is in a certain location will bring out people from cold places saying "That's not cold! I am the one who knows about cold weather!"

I'm here from Philadelphia, where it regularly goes from 0-100 degrees Fahrenheit in a normal year to say you're all a bunch of babies. We're used to everything: we got the heating, we got the air conditioning, we wear all the clothes, and our old people die from all the things.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I wanna sunbathe at the hottest part of the day. today i did 1230-2, but i think i can go hotter. just gently caress me up like that guy in Sunshine

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

By 3 PM Monday June 28th everyone in Seattle will be dead.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

bird with big dick posted:

By 3 PM Monday June 28th everyone in Seattle will be dead.

inshallah

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Vim Fuego posted:

I wanna sunbathe at the hottest part of the day. today i did 1230-2, but i think i can go hotter. just gently caress me up like that guy in Sunshine

Seems like hottest is closer to 3-4 as the sun bails if you're looking to suffer.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Took some sunset pics from my roof just now, you too can see what it looks like as a city melts

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Looks like a hot one wow

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Do most homes in Seattle even have AC?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Nope

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Fun fact: While I was talking with a family member earlier today, I noticed that it was 11F hotter in Portland than it was in Dubai.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
If you live in a house built in the last 5 years probably, or a really expensive condo / apartment. Most everyone is hosed.

How many super spreader events are going down in the next two days at Costco and target? Better than baking to death I suppose.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ILL Machina posted:

Seems like hottest is closer to 3-4 as the sun bails if you're looking to suffer.

hell yeah. i sweated out 2lbs of water. n i was drinking water the whole time. 3-4 tomorrow, on my deck. lets go

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I am gross and periody during this, the most terrible of heatwaves. My windowless concrete office/secondary room is my only solace since there is no light there. Who knew having what looks like a hostage dungeon would come in handy.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

People are selling gross old portable AC units for crazy prices on Facebook.

My house got up to 85 inside today, so I'm not particularly looking forward to the next two days, but it wasn't THAT bad.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh and a whole lotta people are gonna drown since the water in the lakes/rivers/Puget Sound is super cold still and a good number of people are drunk.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
It's going to be 111 on Monday while I work on the top floor of my building which has been running AC sporadically since covid hit (work on college campus so we've been closed). Since I'm the only one that works on my floor since last year running the AC up there hasn't been at the top of the priority list.

Work with a bunch of servers so it's not like it's already warm enough :downs:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I've lived in the Salem area most of my life and we never had AC when I was growing up and c I've never had AC as an adult. I installed an AC for the first time today. Love to feel trashy as gently caress with a loving appliance hanging out my window.

Also, stocked up with 40 lbs of ice in the chest freezer. Mostly so I don't lose all my food if the power goes out from everyone cranking their ACs and shutting themselves in with their electronics all day.

Gonna do some grilling outside tomorrow too.

Of course, people were already posting about stores being out of ice today. If only there was some way of knowing ahead of time that this would happen. :thunk:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh and a whole lotta people are gonna drown since the water in the lakes/rivers/Puget Sound is super cold still and a good number of people are drunk.

Every loving year. Turn on the 5 o-clock news on a hot day and the lead story is about dead swimmers.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Every loving year. Turn on the 5 o-clock news on a hot day and the lead story is about dead swimmers.

I work at a newspaper in the area and we were just talking about that today. Twelve people have already drowned this year.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So we dunked in the Stilly, almost had the kayakers die, got home and it's still hot. Unacceptable.

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

I live near Seattle. I had my AC turned up so high last night i needed a second blanket.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

I'm in Minny now but will be back Seabrook or Pacific Beach in August. All my Washington chef friends have huddled their cooks into their AC homes. Lovely to see.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

I'd be one of those refugees by the way. I was renting super cheap, a 10x10 room with a private deck for 700 a month, no AC, 13 feet ceilings, and a skylight. Absolutely no way to cool it down. As fun as it is to wake up with the sun it sucks to sleep inside a basement bathtub

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
like seven inches from the midday sun

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I assume a grid designed to cope with everyone using heating during winter can cope with everyone running several room fans and every AC unit in the state running?

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
lol owned by humanity

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Every AC unit in Washington state is about 100 units

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

One hot summer night in '19 when the kitchen AC was down at Canlis it was so hot in the dishpit we dropped dry ice on the floor anchored a cold water sprayer on it for two minutes. It didn't do anything to alleviate the heat but the pervasive fog ruined an "intimate moment" for the last diners and we got chewed out massively

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I assume a grid designed to cope with everyone using heating during winter can cope with everyone running several room fans and every AC unit in the state running?

The problem is that a lot of heat in the winter is generated with gas which is pretty useless in the summer. Electric transmission becomes less efficient with heat, but that shouldn't be an issue. The most likely thing to happen is for substations or underground wiring becoming damaged due to excessive heat, that can take a while to fix.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

118 degrees being projected for Seattle COOL COOL

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

HonorableTB posted:

118 degrees being projected for Seattle COOL COOL
jfc there's a 120 in there

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

fuuuck today and tomorrow are going to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
You guys better loving hope the power stays on and it's not humid