Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

You guys better loving hope the power stays on and it's not humid

You had to say something, 386

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Stay safe west coast goons

:sympathy:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

HonorableTB posted:

118 degrees being projected for Seattle COOL COOL

It's not so bad, another 10ish degrees and the map color turns a soothing dark green

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Haha, just wait until the fires start.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Jelly posted:

Great idea, maybe all the smoke in the atmosphere will block the sun for a bit, I'll trade more of California turning to cinders for some blessed relief

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Jelly posted:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I lived up that way for the 2015 summer and the "oh it's cool and mild" poo poo was a lie in june/july of that year. Thank goodness I had wall unit AC because my then-ancient great dane would have been dead.

But GA is hot enough so if y'all would just kindly dissolve that poo poo over, I dunno, fuckass wyoming instead of sending it down here? That'd be real appreciated.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I lived up that way for the 2015 summer and the "oh it's cool and mild" poo poo was a lie in june/july of that year. Thank goodness I had wall unit AC because my then-ancient great dane would have been dead.

But GA is hot enough so if y'all would just kindly dissolve that poo poo over, I dunno, fuckass wyoming instead of sending it down here? That'd be real appreciated.

I'm originally from Georgia, send us waffle house and air conditioners

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

just go swim in the puget sound lol

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

HonorableTB posted:

You had to say something, 386

dewpoint well under 70 and those temps isn't humid, that app is dumb

NWS says current humidity in downtown seattle is 39%

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
On behalf of coastal Southern California, I would like to thank you for soaking all that poo poo up before it made it down to us. We haven't been above 82 yet, though that will absolutely change. I've been sitting on a lovely portable AC unit that puts out more heat than cold air since last Fall waiting for this. I paid $300 five years ago. I think I can get $500 if I hold out.

Living in a hundred year old apartment building which was built when it never got hot enough to need AC (never in my lifetime) and still has the original wiring that overheats in the summer and trips the breaker if you try to vacuum AND watch TV, I'm probably not going to survive long enough to spend it, though.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I was living there before I moved back east 2 years ago. I saw the weather change over my four years being there, and knew things were bad when the summer had the blood sun smoke haze for weeks at a time. I hope everyone I knew there is safe.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Swear I heard people setting off fireworks last night. Do you want fires? Because that's how you get fires

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Happy Landfill posted:

Swear I heard people setting off fireworks last night. Do you want fires? Because that's how you get fires

Lol Auburn and/or the Muckleshoot are going to burn to the ground when some idiot sends a mortar into the trees.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Happy Landfill posted:

Someone down my block was setting some off.
I am not an angry person at all but my rage meter instantly filled and I almost entered my Gamer Mode.

But seriously, I'm lucky to have (lovely) AC and a basement. The hottest it got in my house yesterday was 74 and the basement was about 65. Pretty loving choice.
They said I was stupid to buy a house in Portland with a basement but who is laughing now?!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

You guys better loving hope the power stays on and it's not humid

I lost power because of a huge storm for a week during summer about 10 years ago.

It's pretty awesome soaking wash rags in cold water and laying them on various parts of yourself so you can fall asleep to wake up 4 hours later drenched in your filthy sweat.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
funny how in 10-20 years you'll be "remember when we thought 2021 was hot"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

its all nice on rice posted:

Lol Auburn and/or the Muckleshoot are going to burn to the ground when some idiot sends a mortar into the trees.

Yeah, someone in Federal Way is always setting something off. This 4th is going to be awful

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Happy Landfill posted:

This 4th is going to be awful

:smith:

Yeah. I hope people don't start some thousands of acres fire because of freedom.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Yeah someone in the development behind me has been setting off morters and it'll catch that whole area by Carpinito Bros on fire. It'll be a blast.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
who needs the 4th of July when there's fetuses with genders that we don't know about yet

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
I was in Auburn in 2017 during a heatwave. All the grass was brown and people would park their cars in the dry, tall grass. I wouldn't be surprised if that dump went up in flames.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Baxter posted:

funny how in 10-20 years you'll be "remember when we thought 2021 was hot"

10-20 years I'll be dead, you guys have fun though

One Nut Wonder
Mar 17, 2009
Jesus loving christ. I know it's not Seattle, but I saw this. Holy loving moly.

This is like Death Valley Temps. We're all hosed.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

No sympathy for the defilers and degenerates who choose to exist outside of God’s Own Country in the Northeast. Seek salvation in our moderate climate or reap what you have sown.

lol just kidding, it’s real warm in NYC today but I’m seeking shelter in multiple breweries

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Up to 108 in Beaverton/Hillsboro, 24% humidity

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

jfc there's a 120 in there
Yeah but that's around Tacoma, it sucks there anyway.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
what the gently caress does humidity below 50% even feel like

19%? this is incomprehensible

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

It feels like being cooked in an air fryer instead of an oil fryer

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

One Nut Wonder posted:

Jesus loving christ. I know it's not Seattle, but I saw this. Holy loving moly.

This is like Death Valley Temps. We're all hosed.

We uhh, may have killed the planet

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
or at least indelibly altered all formerly habitable areas

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I spent 5 minutes outside and would like to die plz.

drat my parents are gonna die before any of this really pops off. Selfish assholes.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I'm about ready for cold shower #2 of the day

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sorry I caused global warming, it was all my fart, on the date of September 14 1998 I was still a child and I ate a combination of fried beans, liver, onions, and a pint and a half of milk and the resulting farting and making GBS threads of my pants caused an irreversible greenhouse effect.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
My city now goes from -45C to 38C (potentially 40 next week!) it's really neat that we can die going outside any time of the year now

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I wonder at what point we'll consider things to be "really popping off" and if we'll just keep mentally pushing away that point. Probably thousands of people have, will, or are dying from this heatwave but it just won't register.

15000 people died from a heatwave in France in 2003 and nobody really even thinks about it as a natural disaster. If it were an earthquake everyone would remember 15000 people dying in France.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
This viral marketing campaign for the new Dune movie is getting a little absurd

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

bag em and tag em posted:

This viral marketing campaign for the new Dune movie is getting a little absurd

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ad by Khad posted:

it feels hot, but like, tolerable

until you run out of sweat and suddenly keel over with heatstroke

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I wonder at what point we'll consider things to be "really popping off" and if we'll just keep mentally pushing away that point. Probably thousands of people have, will, or are dying from this heatwave but it just won't register.

15000 people died from a heatwave in France in 2003 and nobody really even thinks about it as a natural disaster. If it were an earthquake everyone would remember 15000 people dying in France.

A certain combination of heat and humidity is not survivable by humans, the web bulb temperature of 95F. If you are exposed to that for more than a few hours you are likely to die -- regardless of lack of activity or hydration.

Once it was thought that this was basically impossible anywhere on earth, currently we've started to actually record it happening in isolated places for short periods of time... and the predictions are that places in the middle east and equatorial asia will start to see these conditions. Not frequently, but often enough that people cannot live there.

So my predicted event for "really popping off" is that at some point in the next 20 years, a town or small city somewhere in the world will become a mass casualty. Not 15000 across all of France during a whole summer. 15000 people, all at once, all together, suddenly dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea I picked the best possible moment to have planned a trip to Portland. Lol owned by fire.

I saw the Weed city. :2bong::350:

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 28, 2021