Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

smarxist posted:

i wonder how hard Miro will lean into the messiah thing, and it'd be cool if it creates his downfall and gives him a character beat on top
Have him start self-flagellating in his backstage segments with one of those BDSM floggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I imagine it'll still take a few shows to get over the adjustment to touring and the time-shift wheel spinning. I'm glad July is Oops All Specials but I'm anticipating a period of shaking off the rust to get back on the road and pull it off consistently. Once they do that and add Rampage to the mix, I'm really hoping we'll be seeing a lot more title match main events (any belt) and a boost to the women's division.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
No Archer on this show. I hope they have something cool planned for him soon, or else the whole "I'm angry and JUST ABOUT to explode" thing doesn't really have legs to it. Now would be a good time for Eddie to get in his ear about taking down the Elite, or have someone in the Elite screw him over somehow.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Defenestrategy posted:

In the last thread I posted I would turn my opinion around on jade if she became the embodiment of the coupon and deals subforum and here we are. More jade promos please.
Coupon Code Cargill is a fun direction, and I like that it's one step away from a "Yooooo wassup YouTUUUUUBE don't forget to smash that like and subscribe button" gimmick.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

So many “lol WWE lives rent free in AEW’s head” like the #2 in any industry isn’t constantly gunning for #1.

"Lives rent free" is the dumbest saying anyway. Imagine criticizing someone for the concept of having thoughts.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Codependent Poster posted:

Remember when Jericho kept the safety of everyone in mind when he played at Sturgiss in the middle of a pandemic and kept saying COVID wasn't serious

I bet Chris Jericho is good friends with Trapt.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't know much about her but if they release her I'm still going to say SHOTZ FIRED

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I hope Miro eventually battles some type of Dark Lord or Litch type figure, as he is gods chosen champion or whatever.
I don't think they'll book Miro/Abadon.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Still, he's 37. I bet he'll slow down and get some rest in like, five years or so
He already has slowed down. His schedule for the past couple years is WAY lighter than Japan. He works 1-5 matches a month now, he used to do 15+. For contrast, Tanahashi's 44 and still works that many matches.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ganso Bomb posted:

He's married to the jungle

When he proposed, did he get down on one chununununununununknee?

Thanks, I'm here all week. Tip your wait staff.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

I remember being at a WWE tv show and they brought out people that sat in empty seats for like one segment and immediately shuffled them out. This was like 7 years ago now. Anyway, they didn't look that enthused after they got up and left so the payoff must have been lovely. I thought it was kinda lame and really demonstrated how WWE wants to show its fans enjoying the product yet actively loathing their fans at the same time.
Last time I was at a WWE show was a Smackdown taping in probably '05-06ish. I had really good seats; front row lower level on the narrow side of the arena oval, looking straight on at the ring. They couldn't even fill that section, so they "upgraded" my friend and I to the back of the floor opposite the entrance, and I couldn't see poo poo. The show was literally just floor and hard cam.

Penguin Patrol posted:

Yeah. Dani Jordyn, Tesha Price, and probably some others I can't remember were up there too
Isn't that Danny Limelight behind the guy in the All In shirt?

Also is the guy in the All In shirt Ex without a mask? :stare:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 29, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I almost feel like his feud with Mox was a misstep because it totally seems out of character for someone like Eddie to care more about a title belt than his FAMLEE.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

jesus WEP posted:

He was mad at Mox for selling out and for going off and being a big star and leaving Eddie behind, family and friendship and loyalty was always the focus of that feud
I got that part. But he outright said chasing championships was the reason his mom didn't have grandkids, and after they became besties again Eddie handwaved it with "title belts make you do crazy poo poo", so to me it came across more as jealousy masquerading as loyalty. I got the feeling that if Mox still had the title by then, Eddie still would've hated him.

MassRafTer posted:

Also whoever was in charge of hiring extras for the club scene only hired men so Jericho told them it's a club it needs women in it too. Filming went so late that all the female extras bailed so the two women in the club were the legendary Megha and someone else I forget. Megha's Instagram handle is now "Legal Girl" thanks to Konnan.
To be fair, a bunch of guys desperately scrambling out to pick up girls at the club during a pandemic but not finding any is some real slice of life booking.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm fine with either outcome to MJF/Sammy, but Sammy needs it more if they're positioning him for a mega-face run. MJF can take individual losses and still be the perennial heel, but Pinnacle as a whole needs big wins to establish itself as a threat since they're still relatively new.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The proper answer to the chicken debate is whoever has Nashville hot chicken. So probably Hattie B's though they don't have that everywhere.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Sorry but the King has weighed in on this debate
That's only the "best chicken in New Jersey". :colbert: But if we're counting one-location chicken places, big chains are nowhere near the top anyway.

Kunabomber posted:

remember when vince would have full on 5 minute segments where he dressed up geriatrics to play hulk hogan in a conference room with a deranged ted turner lookalike

edit: also poo poo like gillberg
In fairness, WCW had "Oklahoma" to make fun of JR's Bell's Palsy.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

Someone in the Dark thread said that HFO are all made up of tag teams that hang out at clubs, but not the same club.

I've always felt like Big Money Matt kind of acts like a big-time drug dealer. PP are doing bumps of coke all night, B&B are all about hallucinogens and heroin, Jack Evans has a truckload of ditch weed, and Angelico's constantly rolling on molly.

Matt's trying to get Robo hooked on speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Potential news for Team Taz:
1) recruiting a new tag team and/or woman
2) HOOK gonna wrestle now
3) FTW belt is going legit
4) is fine
5) owooOOWHOA-OOHWA-ohhwo