Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This poo poo was so easy that TNA could do it. Vince McMahon's weirdly specific grip on the wrestling industry makes it so easy to take shots at his company. Its a harbor for murderers and rapists. They want to erase every bit of history that doesn't make Vince look like the strongest smartest guy. They alienate all the but the most hardcore of fan that will shoot down even the most constructive criticism. And in Eddie Kingston's hands, its an easy 2 minutes to send the fans home happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why can't I vote for Jade's outfit. That was the best part.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ringo Roadagain posted:

was it really that funny? crash pads are obviously used in wwe all the time.

you could see the construction from the initial hype shots. They should have painted a circle on it to really bring it home. Plus Jericho and MJF totally weenied the spot. But Jericho hosed up his arm(allegedly) so that's pretty funny too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like the progression of Miro in AEW. Shows up as this goofy dude and you're hahaha lookit the big funny. Then he straight up stone face hurts a dude. Then he enslaves another dude. Now you're like I don't think this dude is ok. After he fucks up Kip, you're definitely oh no this dude is hosed up. Now he's running around proclaiming himself God's Chosen and its a totally normal thing for him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

make Hangman fight John Silver in a best of 7(or arm falls off) for the right to fight Kenny. Because you have to destroy something you love if you want to be god.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also make Jade fight Abadon. That's big money right there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dang Izzy really did get tall.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

start calling him Jungle Jack

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember being at a WWE tv show and they brought out people that sat in empty seats for like one segment and immediately shuffled them out. This was like 7 years ago now. Anyway, they didn't look that enthused after they got up and left so the payoff must have been lovely. I thought it was kinda lame and really demonstrated how WWE wants to show its fans enjoying the product yet actively loathing their fans at the same time.

Anyway, AEW doing that with indie wrestlers is cooler, I guess. I think its like $50 and comps to hang out and network for a Dark spot. There's always a bit of where's waldo fun finding people I've seen on IWTV the weekend before. And realizing they did 8 hours in a car to get there.

And this is, historically, how a lot of indies have worked in the last 30 years. People show up to shows, help out and maybe get a last minute sub spot or booked on the next show. Pretty sure that WWE has long since closed their backstage after repeated incidents.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

does Disco still podcast with Konnan?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How far you think he can throw Marko?

AEW should make one of the web games where you throw marko ridiculously far. If you go far enough he crashes through time which creates infinite markos and eventually buries the universe under the strain of Markoism.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really want JR just to do sitdown interviews. I know he's an iconic voice, but his interview presence is way better than his announcing these days.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm a Baron Black man myself.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also Cody is a small child compared to Colt's wrestling ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I got this autographed MJF photo today. Who is the other wrestler? Also, is this from AEW or another promotion?

that's MLW's ring? Definite Matt Cross taking the knee.