Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lol, is this guy serious?
Oh, yeah- a PSP CYOA is cool and good!
Yeah, he's just drunk again.
UFOs are real, why would you even ask?
BYOB Trashed Crew Representin'
View Results

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Are you wanting a reason to shout out the result of a 20-sided dice roll, a saving throw, or maybe a reason to smoke a bowl because you failed your save?

Well this might end up being the place for you!

But it also might not.

This could also be Dirty Dorg's, suddenly showing up where it was least expected (Freebie: It IS that, it's Dirty Dorg's- the multi-dimensional bridge that's also a tavern that traverses dimensions and allows people, players, characters, and persona from the same to co-exist on one place).

And it may or may not be here, depending on whether or not enough people utilize the Observer Effect (aka Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle) to make it be a thing, in which case- it will be here, and a BYOB Summer CYOA extravaganza will proceed!

I'm rooting for it to happen, I kinda get a vibe that it'll be fun.

Let the credibility begin!

NOTE:

As in the past, I will rely on THIS RANDOM NUMBER WEBSITE to generate any random numbers for dice rolls.

You just put in the number that corresponds to the dice roll I ask for and roll for a result.

There are no stupid questions, I promise you- if you're even remotely interested, say "sure, yeah. What ever" and we'll help you through.

Otherwise, tell me about yourself.

What is your character at Dirty Dorg's in a previous game/RPG/comic book/what ever I'll work with you life?

Include a picture or internet jpg if you want.

Or not, it's up to you.

I hope enough people believe in it to make it real...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
back when I used to play we had a rule where if you roll a 20 it was x2 damage but you got to roll again. a 1 on you're second roll meant you might have broken your weapon but still done the damage but another 20 would mean you do x3 damage and you kept rerolling until you got something besides a 1 or a 20.

Android Blues

Sentient Ondes Martenot

The sentient ondes martenot is:

- An electronic synthesiser, similar to but predating the theremin, invented in 1928 (not this one though, this one was built in a wizard's laboratory by its original owner, the theurgist Jacqueline the Mad)
- Completely immobile
- Not a sapient ondes martenot; has roughly the ability to perceive situations of a smart rat or stupid ape
- Unemployed, but hungry for it

Skills

- Beautiful, haunting ring-based oscillatory refrains [+4]
- Heavy (could be used to block door, weigh down trapdoor, balance scale, etc.) [+4]
- Comes with thin wire ring [+2]

Heather Papps

hello friend

heather snapps gasps and bursts awake from what seemed a dream unending

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

biosterous

llany llany llany LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY

the science armadillo

he's back! he's probably not a ghost any more, but i was sick for that session and also forgot to ask for a recap and it was a while ago!

llany the science armadillo is back and he is interested in a new opportunity to Learn Things and Make Science Happen, possibly to himself

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Ventral EggSac

A Group of 8 Langur Monkeys with a Deactivated Robot Monkey Child

Each monkey has an HP of 3, for 24 total. The robot has unknown hp, but it is deactivated. If the group moves, one of the Langurs will pick it up.

Skills:
+4 to stealing food and eating it super quickly

+3 to grooming other primates

+ 5 to screaming

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Android Blues posted:

Sentient Ondes Martenot

- An electronic synthesiser, similar to but predating the theremin, invented in 1928 (not this one though, this one was built in a wizard's laboratory by its original owner, the theurgist Jacqueline the Mad)
- Completely immobile
- Not a sapient ondes martenot; has roughly the ability to perceive situations of a smart rat or stupid ape

Skills

- Heavy (could be used to block door, weigh down trapdoor, balance scale, etc.) [+4]

Ventral EggSac posted:

Each monkey has an HP of 3, for 24 total. The robot has unknown hp, but it is deactivated. If the group moves, one of the Langurs will pick it up.

Skills:

+ 5 to screaming

Ass-penny

I'm game. I'm a mutant humanoid who is constantly evolving. I have pointy ears and purple hair, and a smaller secondary head protruding from my neck. The secondary head inhibits my ability to speak but I have telepathy and can communicate with anyone within 10 meters with that. My name is Breathlessness.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Luvcow posted:

back when I used to play we had a rule where if you roll a 20 it was x2 damage but you got to roll again. a 1 on you're second roll meant you might have broken your weapon but still done the damage but another 20 would mean you do x3 damage and you kept rerolling until you got something besides a 1 or a 20.

If you roll a 1, 10 or 20 you re-roll, continuing to do so until another number is rolled.

Multiple 20s in a row creates miraculous events.
Multiple 10s rolled in a row can do the same.
Multiple 1s in a row lead to cursed events.
Combinations of 1s and 10s and 20s? DM's choice, and very comical results!

Android Blues posted:

Sentient Ondes Martenot

- Completely immobile

Skills

Heather Papps posted:

heather snapps gasps and bursts awake from what seemed a dream unending

biosterous posted:

llany llany llany LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY LLANY

the science armadillo

he's back! he's probably not a ghost any more, but i was sick for that session and also forgot to ask for a recap and it was a while ago!

llany the science armadillo is back and he is interested in a new opportunity to Learn Things and Make Science Happen, possibly to himself

Ventral EggSac posted:

Skills:

+ 5 to screaming

rear end-penny posted:

I'm game. I'm a mutant humanoid who is constantly evolving. I have pointy ears and purple hair, and a smaller secondary head protruding from my neck. The secondary head inhibits my ability to speak but I have telepathy and can communicate with anyone within 10 meters with that. My name is Breathlessness.

A structure shimmers into existence in the air before you, ethereal at first but eventually solidifying into shape and form.

It's a rustic building, roughly hewn from wood and stone, with a chimney sending out a stream of smoke, tempting and teasing with the scents of food and good company.

Dirty Dorg's has appeared!

Heather Snapps, a reptilian lizard man, Llany, an armadillo-like being, Breathless, a mutant, two-headed pointy-eared purpled haired humanoid, and a troupe of langur monkeys (fiercely guarding a limp, lifeless monkey-looking mannequin) are gathered outside.

A haunting, strange but oddly compulsive music begins playing from inside, where another group member awaits. The front door to Dirty Dorg's creaks open invitingly...

biosterous

Llany smiles in recognition of the rad bar where he met a bunch of friends (not to be confused with the previous rad bar where he met a bunch of friends) and strolls in!

if Dorg is manning the bar he'll wave and approach and order a bowl of grubs and an ale, and if Dorg isn't there he'll still order the same stuff but without presuming any familiarity with a stranger

gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

if the bell is still on my tail i'm gonna ring it and see if bat shows up

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Llany curls up into a ball and rolls into the front door, pops up at the bar and says hello to Dorg, the barkeep.

Dorg smiles faintly at an old friend, and with a nod and a flourish provides a bowl of Llany's usual, grubs as fresh as they could be.

It's as if Dorg knew Llany would be arriving, but that of course would be foolish.

Wouldn't it?

Heather Snapps wiggles the tip of their tail, ringing a bell. Not long thereafter, a bat appears, flitting about a bit and finally landing on the tip of Heather's tail, atop a silver bell that dangles from a string.

The haunting, melodic music plays from and odd yet comforting piano-like musical instrument in the corner; it wasn't there the last time, for folks already familiar with the place...

No one is playing it, it would appear that it is in fact playing itself.

Ass-penny

Breathlessness gasps out something unintelligible and follows the others into the building. Following Llany's lead they approach the bar and telepathically asks Dorg if they have any heavily irradiated foods available, and also for an ale. The smaller, less functional head in my neck creates little bubbles of spittle on it's lips.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Android Blues

The sentient ondes martenot, vaguely aware that it is meant to sit pretty in front of company, allows its keys to roll and ring to flurry and produces sounds of greeting. There appears to be some astral interference in the synthesiser, but for the most part it's in fairly good shape!

Ventral EggSac

The langurs enter, some through the doors and some through windows (if they are there). One of them brings the robot monkey and props it up seated so it can enjoy the music. Three of the others start going through cabinets and drawers
the other four just chill

Ventral EggSac fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 30, 2021

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
A two-headed humanoid being enters the room, one of the heads drooling the other- it's face focuses ever so silently in concentration, and the Barkeep- who everyone knows is Dorg- despite not actually having been introduced to him- provides the newcomer with a lead platter that seems to be glowing a menacing, toxic green; and a tankard of ale.

On the other side of the bar, Dorg provides the party of langurs with a bowl of figs.

Ventral EggSac posted:

The langurs enter, some through the doors and some through windows (if they are there). One of them brings the robot monkey and props it up seated so it can enjoy the music. Three of the others start going through cabinets and drawers
the other four just chill

Please roll a 20 from here:

Re-roll 1s, 10s, and 20s.

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous

gallery of sigs

he/him

Ventral EggSac

Ass-penny

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
After Dorg puts out a plate of figs for the langurs, they drag their limp, deactivated party member with them and converge on the figs. Dorg walks over to the robot monkey, now discarded (these were very tasty, fresh figs- the robot monkey was far from their concern) and examines it for a moment.

One of the monkeys looks up from their repast, notices what Dorg is doing, and looks concerned for the briefest of moments.

Then it digs back in to the figs.

Dorg reaches into his pocket, pulls out a thick, heavy looking glove, and pulls out a pouch from another pocket. Reaching his gloved hand into a pouch (which was quite clearly smaller than Dorg's hand, and it shouldn't fit but it does) Dorg pulls out a glowing green gem. Using the ungloved hand, he pushed a button in the back of the robot monkey's head, snaps the head back, and places the glowing green gem inside. He then snaps the head shut again, and the eyes of the robot monkey begin to glow green.

The robot monkey stands up, and walks over to the group of langurs. They stop eating, circle the robot monkey three times, after which it sits down and they all resume eating.

The robot monkey looks around the room.

Everyone roll a 20.

Ass-penny

Breathlessness slurps down the toxic looking stew, some radiation to feed the mutations.

rear end-penny laughs as the rng we're using provides me with another 17.

Heather Papps

hello friend

big 9

biosterous

also a 9

gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The robot monkey is strange and a little unnerving but no one's too upset by its presence.

The sentient ondes martenot continues to play a light melody in the corner.

Android Blues

The sentient ondes martenot shuffles its keys without lifting and rotating its ring, its melody interrupted by a series of blarts. It has rolled a 2.

Stoner Sloth

It takes some time to become apparent to most of those present, if at all, but there is a certain "spot" within the tavern that can be defined most obviously by the fact that no one stays in it long. Patrons within the roughly circular perimeter move away sniffing slightly at the air and looking mildly puzzled and perhaps mumbling quietly to themselves.

This circle of disquiet doesn't seem confined to a particular segment of the inn, instead slowly moving its way over towards the table. As it approaches there is a growing sensation among those caught within, perhaps from a familiar fruity smell or an image in yellow caught out of the corner of an eye? Those affected become increasingly convinced that there is a(n) indeterminate amount of bananas present... though clearly there aren't any visible.

((Sorry for the slow start, I'll play A Localized, Sapient Area In Which There Are Signs of Bananas Despite None Being Present))

((It rolls a 15))

Ventral EggSac

The Robot Monkey lives!!!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The robot monkey pans its baleful green gaze around the room first one way, then the other- as if scanning for something. After a sweep, its eyes dim down considerably, and it looks for its langur companions.

After spotting them, it seems to be standing guard over them as they eat the figs.

Everyone present detects the slightest whiff of something fruity, a tropical sweet smell.

Perhaps of bananas...

The sentient ondes martenot switches tunes abruptly and begins to play a quick, dramatic song; a merry chase scene perhaps? But WHY?

Everyone roll a 20!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Ventral EggSac

15!

Ass-penny

Heather Papps

hello friend

17!

biosterous

gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
There's an odd feeling suddenly, as your perceptions change and your senses shift.

In the middle of the floor, you see this appear- it's remaining still and not moving!

What do you do?

biosterous

llany, having a naturally-occuring orb form as well, curls up into a ball to make the shimmering orb feel more comfortable, hopefully

gallery of sigs

he/him

Ass-penny

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

There's an odd feeling suddenly, as your perceptions change and your senses shift.

In the middle of the floor, you see this appear- it's remaining still and not moving!

What do you do?

I target it with my telepathy and ask if it wants to hit this blunt (I'm not sure I mentioned it but I have a lot of blunts on me)

Ventral EggSac

the langurs all group up and hug each other, looking at the sphere. the robot monkey is in the hug pile but isn't hugging anyone, and executes a scan

alexandriao

(Cumberland accent) Ahh, me memoirs, ah always reemember when ah was a yoong lass, ah yoosed to ask me friend Harold for a rub of his itchy twenty-saided diye.

Ahh, me old friend harold, ah doo miss 'im, really. It's ah realy shayme 'ee was only inter-ested in 'is bloody dragons and dun-johns

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

biosterous posted:

llany, having a naturally-occuring orb form as well, curls up into a ball to make the shimmering orb feel more comfortable, hopefully

You suspect your efforts are not in vain...

rear end-penny posted:

I target it with my telepathy and ask if it wants to hit this blunt (I'm not sure I mentioned it but I have a lot of blunts on me)

A tendril of thought extends from the multi-colored orb and takes the offered blunt. The cherry glows red, and a stream of smoke blows out from it.

Ventral EggSac posted:

the langurs all group up and hug each other, looking at the sphere. the robot monkey is in the hug pile but isn't hugging anyone, and executes a scan

The eyes once again glow a bright green and spray out from the robot monkey to the orb. The eyes darken; the robot monkey does not appear to perceive it as a threat.

A disembodied voice suddenly speaks, from nowhere and yet everywhere at once:

alexandriao posted:

(Cumberland accent) Ahh, me memoirs, ah always reemember when ah was a yoong lass, ah yoosed to ask me friend Harold for a rub of his itchy twenty-saided diye.

Ahh, me old friend harold, ah doo miss 'im, really. It's ah realy shayme 'ee was only inter-ested in 'is bloody dragons and dun-johns

Recent events have caused the multi-colored sphere to change shape and form!

https://i.imgur.com/xnA6UY4.mp4