Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lol, is this guy serious?
Oh, yeah- a PSP CYOA is cool and good!
Yeah, he's just drunk again.
UFOs are real, why would you even ask?
BYOB Trashed Crew Representin'
View Results

Ass-penny

I'll say hello to the orb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

The area showing signs of bananas despite an absence of the fruit responds, various cues translating into what hits the mind of any sentient being as:

"Hello."

but written in approximately this font:

It's important to note that no bananas actually appear, just sensory input that is precisely calibrated to generate these mental images in any being capable of receiving sensory input. It's unclear whether this missive is addressed to the orb, the group or quite possibly both.

Ventral EggSac

most of the monkeys go look at the bananas, two cautiously approach the orb. the robot is still.

Ass-penny

Breathlessness reaches out with their mind to the banana like possibility. A gentle caress of the frontal lobe.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

rear end-penny posted:

Breathlessness reaches out with their mind to the banana like possibility. A gentle caress of the frontal lobe.

New Evolution Acquired!

You can now "see" or, more accurately, "visually interpret" smells!

You see before you an odd but understandable matrix:

This matrix is the language of a sentient being in the room with a faint scent or hint of bananas, that you can now perceive to be in a specific place.

It will be easy now for the group to communicate with this strange, yet sentient being!

Ventral EggSac posted:

most of the monkeys go look at the bananas, two cautiously approach the orb. the robot is still.

The monkeys understand quickly that while the presence is not food, it's still interesting enough to garner their attention.

The sphere definitely seems to be very chill and relaxed.

Dorg: I've seen weirder poo poo, to be honest; but this right here's edgin' up kinda close to the top!

A tall, slim figure strides into the room with an air of grace and dignity to every step; no energy is wasted, each move is precisely calculated to garner the most efficient use of every step.

Some of you may remember your old companion, Tak- the Mantis-like assassin from the Fort Wunny Adventure...

Dorg: "Ay! Dere he is! You got anything good?"

Tak hisses and clicks something back to Dorg in his native tongue, and a strange, alien appendage appears beneath a sleeve from the semi-formless cloak/poncho he appears to be wearing.

Tak is waving "hello" to the Party!

Tak then holds up a large sack, with something squirming inside.

"You got one? LIVE?"

You're certain that, even though you can't see anything inside the cloaked hood, Tak is not only nodding, but he's smirking, too- in his own way.

Dorg: "well I'll be, that's triple pay for the bounty, plus Hazardous Duty pay for going to that particular Plane of Hell- so that's 1,000,000 gold even."

Tak seems very pleased; that's more than enough to retire!

What does everyone do?

Ventral EggSac

The two monkeys sit with the banana being and "observe". Three go to the Mantis, one jumps on the moving sack. Three start grooming each other, incorporating the robot

biosterous

Llany peeks his head out of his ball form and then waves to his pal Tak and then goes back into ball form - he realized that he's kinda sleepy and it's really comfy and relaxing so he might just be a ball for a while

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Ass-penny

Breathlessness will use telepathy to greet the newcomer, and congratulate them on their big pay day.

Stoner Sloth

The strange area being observed by two of the monkeys grows a little stronger in it's production of banana like signs - focusing on them to give them the sensation of having eaten their fill of bananas. It won't do more than temporarily alleviate their hunger but they do get all the flavours of having feasted on ripe fruit. The gesture seems entirely friendly.

Its attention focuses mainly though on three other things - Dorg, the strange orb and the assassin bug known as Tak - in that order. Perhaps a lack of physical presence is made up for by the strange alien modes of perception that the entity possesses in spades - as if the entity itself was only a tiny fraction of its true being, a Flatland-esque slice of the whole that represents only what small portion of it is capable of interacting with this reality, at least in this temporal/spatial frame of reference.

Or not. The thing is hard to get a read on really.

"Nice. Work. You. Don't. Look. Like. The. Retiring. Type. Though." it projects via direct sensory input to the assassin, again displayed within the theater of the mind of all those capable of perceptions of the physical world as words spelled from bananas.

(rolled a 20 + a 13 for attempting to perceive whatever it can about Dorg, 15 for the orb and a 14 for Tak, figure the last one is enough to get the sense of determination that the bug isn't likely to retire cause of his ambition to become the greatest assassin in history combined with a short life span - PSP feel free to use Tak for later adventures as an NPC or not as you see fit friend!)

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 22, 2021

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dorg has a far off look on his face for a moment; then says, to no one in particular- "huh, ain't dat sumpthin'..." and goes back to cleaning up on and behind the bar.

The two monkeys that went to investigate the banana-like presence seem satisfied with their investigation and rejoin the main troupe.

The orb continues its odd textured appearance, although for a brief moment it turns yellow and smells faintly of bananas, perhaps while communicating with the banana sentience- before reverting back to its color fading.

Tak waves at those who greeted him and Breathlessness feels a wave of gratitude for the congratulations. He then says something to Dorg, and quite literally disappears without a trace.

Everybody roll!

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 24, 2021

Ass-penny

Stoner Sloth

biosterous

gallery of sigs

he/him

Ventral EggSac

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The doors open as a strange figure enters the tavern. The individual appears to be equipped in black plate mail, with a strange helm that covers their entire head and face. The stranger also wears a long black cloak or cape that streams behind them as the stride in.

They sit down at the bar, and order a drink in a strange, artificial voice, preceded and followed by a mechanical sounding breathing.

Not long after another figure enters the room, this one is dressed in gray cloth leggings and tunic, with a grayed cape- perhaps at one time they were white but have long since seen the dust and dirt of travel. He looks around the room, taking note of the occupants and spies the black costumed individual seated at the bar.

He walks up to the ominous figure, nods and says "Father". The figure motions to the filled glass in front of the empty seat next to him, and the newcomer sits down, where they engage in conversation.

What is everyone doing?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
DM's Note: Dorg's is a tavern that exists on multiple planes of existence at once. Right now, it's existing somewhere in the Star Wars universe, as well as your own home plane. If you were to leave this establishment right now, you may find yourself on Tatooine for example; or Hoth- or Dagobah; it's hard to tell.

Ass-penny

Using the banana matrix I will telepathically suggest the Localized, Sapient Area In Which There Are Signs of Bananas Despite None Being Present get near that table and eavesdrop. Without having looked at character sheets or actual rules I feel like they are the stealthiest of us.

Breathlessness will make a point of fussing with a blunt that isn't burning evenly and turn away from the newcomers to let them know I'm preoccupied and definitively not spying on them.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Stoner Sloth

rear end-penny posted:

Using the banana matrix I will telepathically suggest the Localized, Sapient Area In Which There Are Signs of Bananas Despite None Being Present get near that table and eavesdrop. Without having looked at character sheets or actual rules I feel like they are the stealthiest of us.

Breathlessness will make a point of fussing with a blunt that isn't burning evenly and turn away from the newcomers to let them know I'm preoccupied and definitively not spying on them.

The Localized, Sapient Area In Which There Are Signs of Bananas Despite None Being Present gives a perhaps predictable non-response. However, if it indeed can be said to exist meaningfully, it appears to proceed to do so in approach of aforementioned table.

biosterous

rear end-penny posted:

Llany rolls over, de-orbs, and makes some small suggestions for how to get a more even combustion

gallery of sigs

he/him

Ventral EggSac

A few monkeys try to hide under Darth Vader's cape. The robot is still, tries to imitate the sound of mechanical breathing. A monkey is grooming it.

Heather Papps

hello friend

going to make sure bat doesn't try and get close to the big humanoid bat, i can tell he's bad news

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Bat definitely seems afraid of the cloaked figure.

As if on cue, the black dressed and cloaked figure stands, the odd mechanical breathing the loudest as they arise. He says good bye to the other person he was sitting with, and walks out the door.

The other figure looks around the room, stand ups and he too leaves.

Dorg walks out from around the bar and nails a poster on the wall, after looking over in the general area of the people currently in the room.

Heather Papps

hello friend

*clears throat, then sings*
"it's all the same, only the names will change
every day, it seems we're rollin' away
another place where the faces are so bold
i'd swim all night, just to get back home
i'm a reptile
in a swamp hole I dive
hunting wanted; dead or alive
wanted dead or alive

Ass-penny

Oh poo poo I came in here to bump this I must not have actually digested the last few posts when I clicked on this, since I didn't remember them.

Breathlessness will not their head at the Heather Snapps song, and try to get a closer look at the poster. Do I know anything about the creature illustrated?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Stoner Sloth

rear end-penny posted:

Oh poo poo I came in here to bump this I must not have actually digested the last few posts when I clicked on this, since I didn't remember them.

Breathlessness will not their head at the Heather Snapps song, and try to get a closer look at the poster. Do I know anything about the creature illustrated?

oh dang i did kinda the same - musta been repping :trashed: crew that night a little too hard

anyways;

The Localized, Sapient Area In Which There Are Signs of Bananas Despite None Being Present attempts to focus it's considerable will on the young man before he leaves the tavern - attempting to make use of Universal Will To Become in order to introduce a subtle change via the man into the part of the multiverse he inhabits that will lead, through subtle alterations to probabilities and events, to a peaceful society in which a project to create bananas from local plants has brought everyone together in harmony... (1, 10, 12) ... uh... well surely this won't ripple out through the local time stream and create a series of disasterous events (such as prequels). Probably at least.

Anyways... moving on, the LSAIWTASBDNBP heads on over to the poster to examine it using their peculiar senses. The creature on the poster seems somehow familiar, perhaps another aspect of the greater whole that it is part of exists in a similar form somewhere? It tries to get a sense of the being portrayed before politely asking Dorg via emoted banana letters for any information he can provide.

Stoner Sloth

presented without comment

Stoner Sloth posted:

I was wondering what happened to the peel of the banana i was eating earlier :evilbuddy:

Ass-penny

Stoner Sloth posted:

presented without comment

:colbert:

Stoner Sloth

if it's any consolation at least you made it far and kicked some rear end, i died right off the bat - peer group pressure was my banana peel!

Ass-penny

Stoner Sloth posted:

if it's any consolation at least you made it far and kicked some rear end, i died right off the bat - peer group pressure was my banana peel!

I did get the most kills.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

oh dang i did kinda the same - musta been repping :trashed: crew that night a little too hard

anyways;

The Localized, Sapient Area In Which There Are Signs of Bananas Despite None Being Present attempts to focus it's considerable will on the young man before he leaves the tavern - attempting to make use of Universal Will To Become in order to introduce a subtle change via the man into the part of the multiverse he inhabits that will lead, through subtle alterations to probabilities and events, to a peaceful society in which a project to create bananas from local plants has brought everyone together in harmony... (1, 10, 12) ... uh... well surely this won't ripple out through the local time stream and create a series of disasterous events (such as prequels). Probably at least.

Anyways... moving on, the LSAIWTASBDNBP heads on over to the poster to examine it using their peculiar senses. The creature on the poster seems somehow familiar, perhaps another aspect of the greater whole that it is part of exists in a similar form somewhere? It tries to get a sense of the being portrayed before politely asking Dorg via emoted banana letters for any information he can provide.

Everyone is incredibly high right now

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

rear end-penny posted:

Do I know anything about the creature illustrated?

Roll

Ass-penny

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

The creature looks vaguely familiar, but after several moments of thinking upon it you come up with a blank.

Dorg: That's a Beholder; name's Charlie. He's an employee of mine, said he was gonna go out for a walk about a month ago, haven't seen him since. I'm worried about the guy; people see someone like him floating around and they start getting ideas about treasure hoards and bounties. I just wanna make sure the guy's alright, ya know?

Ass-penny

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The creature looks vaguely familiar, but after several moments of thinking upon it you come up with a blank.

Dorg: That's a Beholder; name's Charlie. He's an employee of mine, said he was gonna go out for a walk about a month ago, haven't seen him since. I'm worried about the guy; people see someone like him floating around and they start getting ideas about treasure hoards and bounties. I just wanna make sure the guy's alright, ya know?

A wellness check it is.

But how can they go for a walk if they don't even have legs? :pseudo: More like go for a float imo.

Jokes aside, Breathlessness will telepathically tell Dorg we will find Charlie for him.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

rear end-penny posted:

A wellness check it is.

But how can they go for a walk if they don't even have legs? :pseudo: More like go for a float imo.

Jokes aside, Breathlessness will telepathically tell Dorg we will find Charlie for him.

Dorg: That's very kind of you; will anyone else be going with you?

The last part was directed at everyone else in the room

biosterous

thumbs-up from llany

gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

gonna ask bat if they've seen any sign of charlie while eagerly agreeing we should do a search

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

gonna ask bat if they've seen any sign of charlie while eagerly agreeing we should do a search

Roll a 20 twice

Heather Papps

hello friend

Roll a 20 twice

14 - 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Dorg: That's very kind of you; will anyone else be going with you?

The last part was directed at everyone else in the room

The space in which signs of bananas mysteriously occur despite none being present indicates their willingness to help with this task by arranging the material landscape so that it creates the impression of a hand made of bananas giving a thumbs up. This works kinda like a magic eye drawing, the images of the fruit in question aren't actually present but the suggestion of it is.

The entity also will attempt to ascertain whether any part of its interconnected multidimensional being has seen any signs of Charlie, eager to help out on the quest to find the beholder.