Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

And this is how I find out Davey Richards is back from retirement. Again. Retired more times than Terry Funk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rob Black has announced XPW is returning. With Marty Scurll.

So that's a choice

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'd not be stunned to see Marty turn up in Japan once the pandemic is over. Not for New Japan but he was over there & he's presumably fairly desperate at this point & so if he ended up wrestling for...Zero1 or All Japan I'd not be shocked. I'd hope CyberFight would have the sense to stay away from him at least, seeing their attempts at broadening their western audience.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Is IWAEC still run by Pondo?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I am now a big drew parker fan.

Watch the Big Japan tournament final I posted in the MOTYC thread. Drew is insane

BJW is hard to follow because stuff gets uploaded everywhere, one show will be on Twitcasting, another on NicoNico, another on LineLive, and then another on SamuraiTV.

Follow the puro thread imo, I post the schedule with links on how and where to watch stuff (except this week where my keyboard isn't working)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

WHAT?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Grainbarn posted:

it was definitely a top pop. Tommy loving End and Freshly Squeezed got bigger ones IMO.

Sure fire sign the PWG fan base has changed. For the worse.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

You still can't convince me MLW is real

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Has anyone with an IWTV account checked out the main event of the recent C4 show? You've got Daniel Garcia defending his title against Speedball Mike Bailey & I've seen some good things, but right now I am not subbed to their service.

Similarly, the IWTV 100 show from 8/8 with Wheeler Yuta defending the Independent Wrestling Championship sounds great going by the reviews.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Renaissance Spam posted:

I still don't "get" Psycho Clown but he's a big deal.

Honestly he's "jus"t an extremely charismatic brawler with a very fun look and theme

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

ROH is really doing a good job of making me think I should start watching it for the women's division alone

Come for the women, stay for Gresham in the Pure division and VLNCE UNLTD being cool as hell

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Well, that's a couple GCW shows I'll have to make time for

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hot take but if you're willing to have a finger removed in a wrestling match you probably need professional psychiatric help. Jesus Christ.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is that the IWA that used to pay people in meth or the one with the shoot job at Taco Bell?

No idea about the former but pretty sure the latter is Ian Rotten of IWA Mid South. Mid South has a hell of a legacy in among the farce where as Deep South didn't act as a platform for 2 or 3 generations of indie wrestlers, it just existed for the worst sort of death match poo poo. Like legit cutting a finger off.

Like, if you did this in a huge show with a big payoff it'd still be loving moronic, but this dude cut a finger for (I assume) $25 in front of 15 people.

The hierarchy of continental US IWAs is Mid South -> East Coast -> literally anyone else you can think of -> Deep South. Last I checked they had the Confederate battle flag in their logo because of course they did

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sorry PWG, you're not allowed to put any more shows on until you put out the DVD of the show from 2+ months ago :mad:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wowser. And now it'll only take 6 weeks to arrive because of loving Brexit

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I'm trying to watch all of Suzuki's matches from his US Tour. The only shows I can't find are WrestleMax STL VI and PWX All Hail The King, are these available anywhere to watch? I don't care if I have to pay for them or whatever (I bought all the GCW shows he was on) I just really want to watch all his matches :(

As far as I can tell the NJPW Strong matches haven't aired yet (at least I couldn't find them on NJPW World outside of the Fred Rossier match). Everything else I've seen.

PWX match is available here: https://pwxlive.com/2021-2/ but it looks like they are also available on the Highspots Network, albeit that one show hasn't been uploaded yet. But their previous show from 24/9 has been so if you are willing to wait I'd imagine it'll turn up there in the next month & Highspots Network is probably better value.

Not sure about the other mob, they have previous events on their Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsjHUJrKeCbqmU0RyqIT6ew maybe it'll show up there?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I apologise to PWG for expecting this Mystery Vortex 7 disc to turn up in several months.

Demonic Flamita has gotten jacked as hell & his back is loving gross. Still a cool wrestler though, and still very agile despite that extra mass.

Opener with Deppen & Jack Cartwheel was a totally enjoyable spotfest, the sort of match I assume was better live than on disc where suddenly I care about selling German suplex exchanges.

Show closing angle loving rules & I won't say more in the off chance you've not heard about it

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 29, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I always said what wrestling lacked was enough Rob Black

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Wait... the response to the XPW episode was a return of XPW and Rob Black to wrestling?

The hell?

Carnies gonna carny, & what's more carny than "all publicity is good publicity"?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Would love to see Akira live.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

He's been a regular in Dragongate for a while now, & actually does English commentary for their bigger shows with Jae (who used to run the I Heart DG website)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'd settle for them just shipping the bluray within 31 days of it happening.

*stares longingly at What To Watch spreadsheet with nothing left from October but still has a September PWG on it* :(

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The best thing about Ho Ho Lun being in America is he couldn't do Dragongate commentary so we got special guests Shachihoko BOY & Yosuke Santa Maria as English commentary guests despite both being only slightly more fluent in English than I am in German.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

PWGs Threemendous VI has apparently shipped? Don't know when exactly that happened but hey, if you ordered it it should be on its way.

EDIT: Huh, according to their Twitter it shipped a month ago. No hype whatsoever.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

far as i can tell there aren't even uploads to download it or watch a bootleg stream of it online it anywhere either, so i dunno if that has anything to do with the lack of hype either

Haha that's probably it, you're right. Guess I should get my order sorted soonish

Tho at this point I'd be as well waiting until the next show is out and get them sent together

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm impressed that Prazak hasn't imaginarily slighted Punk yet.;

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

So much Speedball that John Belushi is rushing to rise from the grave to consume it all.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

it sucks that AEW has zero interest in actually pushing JD Drake but cool that this has inadvertently made him one of the top 16 guys on the indies

haven't actually seen any of his matches in like a year so maybe i'll keep an eye out on the DVD for this one

He had a nice match with Brody King at Mystery Vortex 7 last year. The extent of my PWG viewing post-return

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

I demand GCW be presented like a DVD from 2005, complete with 4:3 aspect ratio.

To make it the full classic ROH experience they need to completely gently caress up the colour balance once in every 6 or 7 shows.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm really not much of a US indy watcher these days (I think I average about 5 matches a year) but if you've got IWTV then the ACTION show from the 21st has a very good IWTV Independent Wrestling Title match between Alex Shelley & AC Mack. I'd probably not have watched if Shelley wasn't involved but very glad I did.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

blanking on possible opponents i'd want to see Suzuki wrestle in GCW anymore. Feel like they're for sure giving Jordan Oliver one of those matches and i feel like his bloodsport match might be Killer Kross.

Trying to think of a less exciting opponent for MiSu than Jordan Oliver, the most mediocre man on the indies, and failing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The SAT are still on the go? That's a surprise

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Miyu vs Masha is a really good sounding match. I will have to try remember to check in on that

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Killafornia loving sucks what the gently caress

EDIT: I'm actively mad I spent $20 on this

Why would you give money to Rob Black?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

pressedbunny posted:

Maybe I'm being dense and buying into the character too much, but Hook has literally never wrestled a match outside of AEW TV, right?
https://twitter.com/CreateAPro/status/1514000382623727617

Apparently it'll be recorded and put up on Highspots afterwards. I've never watched anything via Highspots before, are they up to snuff? I like about 2/3rds of the poster, so I'm very tempted to drop some money on it, assuming the stream quality won't be hosed.

Highspots have always been good when I've used them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

stab posted:

I'd assume it's Mike Burns.

Seems a safe bet.

Takeshita & The Briscoes in PWG is such a more exciting announcement to me, with all due respect to Top Flight & Yuta.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Defy seems like a new and better PWG

No it doesn't, it doesn't take 3-6 months for their shows to come out, impossible to be the new PWG without that.

(Also despite not having much hype on here, what little I've seen of PWG since the return has been as good as US indie wrestling gets in TYOOL 2021)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wish someone would book Psycho Clown near me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i was hoping bell time for pwg would be at 7 so i would drive straight from work to the venue but the show being at 5 guarantees i wont be able to do that. drat, show looked good too

Can you not just leave early? Your job probably isn't important tbh, most people's aren't