Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

The first indie sleaze we can cover is Drake Wuertz coming to Daily Wrestling!

I would much rather flip burgers for the glory of god instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Azteca Underground is filming vignettes for summer release leading into its MLW-spinoff show, which starts taping in the fall. Matt Cross has already joined up. Hopefully they're able to pay people better than LU did.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Getting into the US isn't hard if you have legit work you're heading to. Getting back into countries with more restrictive border policies is the bigger issue. Though Canada recently relaxed quarantine restrictions for vaccinated Canadian citizens, so he shouldn't have a problem if he's fully vaccinated.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He should probably drop the 'Velveteen' part of his name just for the association.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time he took a teen out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
MLW's Battle Riot 3 is tomorrow night. It's a 40-Man Royal Rumble where pinfalls count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO2wznPGsM8

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

sticklefifer posted:

MLW's Battle Riot 3 is tomorrow night. It's a 40-Man Royal Rumble where pinfalls count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO2wznPGsM8

This is on now.

Mil Muertes is gonna be in it!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's funny that he's going on about building a new temple in Philly, because I'm pretty sure the Azteca spinoff is being filmed in Boyle Heights again.

edit: yay Myron :neckbeard:

edit2: yay Danny Limelight :neckbeard:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 25, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
lol are they not going to eliminate anyone?

Zenshi pulling the Kofi Rumble spot is fun.

edit: :lol::lol::lol: Blue Meanie holy poo poo

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 25, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It was weirdly booked. I'm not sure why they decided to not eliminate anyone for so long, but that definitely contributed to the odd camera work.

A better intro to MLW is probably the previous Fusion episode with Rush/Reed headlining, though there's no crowd for that one.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

KungFu Grip posted:

Myron Reed & Trey Miguel vs. Aramis & Rey Horus
Oh drat, that match probably ruled. All those guys are great.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's kind of funny that the Powers of Pain outlived all of the Road Warriors knockoff tag teams, including the Road Warriors.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A "working" pizza cutter? So I'll be able to cut real pizza with it?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

no that'd be a shoot pizza cutter
:golfclap:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I can't sympathize with anyone who agrees to take a bump THAT stupid, much less assign a monetary value to it, much less on a crowdfunding description with such incredibly vague wording.

"I'm gonna pound this here railroad spike into my eyeball. Oh, uh, something somehow went wrong! How strange! Just part of the biz, nothing can be done about it. Now cover my medical costs please."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's the indies thread, not the deathmatch-only thread, but OK. I get what you're saying, but the usual deathmatch fare doesn't require that kind of extensive medical care. When it's a "seriously WTF else did you think would happen" spot, it's pure Leopards Ate My Face.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

the escape goat posted:

why are you being so pissy about someone getting hurt?
Can you maybe lay off the hyperbole for a second and not do mental backflips to make it look like I hate all hardcore wrestling? I'm talking about one single spot and I'm not the only one who called it a stupid spot. It's just way dumber if you attempt it without medical coverage.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Like if a young Devin Townsend was a wrestler

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
MLW did a Wargames match. Jeff Cobb's in it as Matanza but they immediately tank the gimmick for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU_ncizFkdg (starts around 10:00)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nea posted:

I believe the reason is that jeff cobb really hated the matanza mask and it was very hard to wrestle in, as sick as it is

Yeah, still weird to have him come out as Matanza, unmask, and then have the announcers say "That's Jeff Cobb". The retroactive implications for Lucha Underground are hilarious, since they're keeping the lore going.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I Before E posted:

It'll be sad to see him on a show where he's not scrambling to get back on commentary after his match

Ho Ho Lun's breathless post-match commentary after he just got his rear end kicked by a Toryumon-generation veteran is one of the best reasons to watch the DGN English streams. There's something really endearing about him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm glad that's an actual sweater and not just the "sweatshirt with a sweater-print graphic on the front" that so many people do now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Yuu is pretty fun, she's in that Rhino/Taz/Ishii camp of beef cube people.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

NWA not ruled out there

"Three biggest promotions" in the 1970s maybe.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
You have to try really hard to make Erick Redbeard the most interesting guy in a tag team match.

In "at least it's not WWE" news, Rok-C is making her MLW debut at their Blood & Thunder show on Jan 21st, so for the moment it seems she's still freelancing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oof. NEW in Canada postponed their January show until June after a tournament setting up the inaugural title match just happened last month. Covid's a real momentum killer.

davius_xw posted:

I have tickets to this show, seriously think I might skip it now. This sounds dreadful.
You're also seeing Lucha Bros, Thunder Rosa, Eddie Kingston, and Malakai Black, so just take a bathroom break for the bad bad match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ARMBAR A COP posted:

EFFY was announced for their February show and if it doesn't happen I'm going to be...sad

https://twitter.com/NEWWrestlingInc/status/1478842679404335105
https://twitter.com/NEWWrestlingInc/status/1478529969919705089

So maybe it was a venue issue? :shrug:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think Speedball is trying to wrestle in every indie at least once.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if MLW reached out to him to play Killshot again. Except to skirt copyrights they'd have to name him Murderbullet or something.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mox showed up in NEW (the US one, NorthEast Wrestling):
https://www.f4wonline.com/news/indies/jon-moxley-makes-surprise-appearance-at-new-wrestlefest

Kinda wishing the Canadian one didn't go with the same acronym, but speaking of NEW Canada, they now have all 19 of the matches from their 3rd show up on their Youtube now, but posted individually instead of one show. I'm not sure why they didn't put them into at least a playlist. Originally the tournament was supposed to be semifinals leading into their first title match at NEW4, but they must have seen the writing on the wall with Omicron and done the finals at NEW3 instead.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've watched so much wrestling in the past 72 hours that my brain is now mush and all wrestlers just look like abstract gelatinous shapes ramming into each other.

I didn't watch Mania but all included that had to be what, like 40-50 hours of wrestling programming total?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd be down for Jake in AEW, he's a good Wardlow/Archer-tier big man and he's deceptively athletic for his size.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SG Bamboo posted:

The continuing American adventure of Konosuke Takeshita

Oh poo poo that's gonna rule.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
lmao apparently nZo lost a trademark battle because MLW bleeped every reference to his name this week and now he's just called "Real1".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

History Comes Inside! posted:

Genuinely surprised that enough people watch MLW for them to have to give a gently caress about anyones copyrights

They're sponsored by a lawyer so he probably cares more than they do.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"Wrestlers will be able to compete in both rings" is the funniest part of that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Great-O-Possum

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

Needs work, but I think Ultimo Dragon would approve a polished verson.

I'm pretty sure Vikingo can do that with his eyes closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've also seen him do a variation where he springboards up to the top rope and then does a tornillo into the hurricanrana on a guy sitting on the top turnbuckle, which is just absolutely bonkers.

Vikingo has waged a direct assault on gravity.