Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

JR's flub is so hilariously bad i feel like Tony Khan can only laugh while kinda pulling his hair a bit

at the same time, retire JR and let's get a booth that skews towards the money demo age wise please ffs, i'm so over JR's grumpy old man routine, flubs, whining, and hearing about Buster Meatshed, Hammer "The Killer" Bludovich, Johnny Whippits, Fancy Freddie Dance, The Mongol, and all the other dead mid atlantic jaybrones

loving put some respect on Johnny Whippits name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJF again reminded me he's literally one of the best sellers in the industry right now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Miro's new theme is fantastic. Mikey Rukus keeps killing it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

was that actually a shofar in miro's new theme or was someone just posting things

According to Rukus, yes.

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1410404908629626888

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

i was mostly posting on discord instead of the live thread, was mjf actually injured? i was thinking he was just selling really well and it worked in context of all the spots they were doing in the match

Unless something comes out later about the match he was selling imo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's funny to me that the mistakes that are going to get AEW cancelled keep getting smaller and smaller.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1410419094940270596

Sweet boys

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

so they have hinted very strongly that Jericho was going to be on the Rampage desk. (unless the popular existing wrestler they referenced was Mark Henry) and today's show at least showed that it's not going to be unbearable.

it might even be good.

Jericho is very good on commentary when he's on for the whole show.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sounds like (tentatively) Rebel has a dislocated kneecap. Which would be lucky.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1410450506124869640

Pylons fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 1, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

I still can't believe Cody snuck in a clip of his stupid gender reveal party into the Daily's Place montage like it was a big important moment on the level of Brodie's memorial.

Nobody should care about gender reveals. Nobody should have gender reveals. That segment wasn't significant in the least to Dynamite's tenure at Daily's.

I think it is a fairly important moment in Cody and Brandi's lives.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dave is really high on Sammy vs. MJF on WOR. Wonder if it's getting a 5.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tonfa posted:

Is the thread title a troll or did they actually equate a place where one wrestling company has ran for a bit over a year to a building that has nearly 60 years of history across countless promotions and fightsports lol

They did not say it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think my favorite small spot of the match was MJF trying to beg Sammy not to hit him with the 630. At first I wondered "why didn't he just roll away?" and remembered just minutes before that Sammy loving launched himself into the crowd to hit MJF. loving fantastic storytelling.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So, where is Hangman?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Senerio posted:

Last night was his Refusal of the call

Either that or Refusal of the Return.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

Another thing I loved about the Dark Order segment backstage is how when Hangman came in hollerin', they didn't even waver in their surety that it was time, they're more confident in themselves and in their friendship with Adam as a person, rather than their fanboy recruiting, and they know what's best for their friend and that it's time for him to stand up, and Adam couldn't even challenge them on it

It's a great contrast from when Hangman got angry with the Bucks and they just called him an ROH jobber.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fawning deference posted:

Did MJF really hurt his knee?

No, he was selling.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wouldn't say either have a great shot at showing up.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I honestly thought Britt looked good in that match. Mostly by comparison, but I think Nyla vs. Britt will be good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Drakkel posted:

The issue is what does Britt do after that? They get a few weeks doing the the Nyla feud, then Yuka is there but they already said she's only in the states through July so at best that feud can only really amount to "Yuka shows up, Britt beats her, Yuka leaves again." That leaves like a full 5 months until Rosa is free to sign with AEW, so what do they do til then?

Tay has beaten Britt in a tag match. She never had a match with Kris Statlander that she was meant to last year, Riho is an easy defense option, Big Swole won their feud last year. If Anna is returning soon she's an option too.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 1, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

who laid out Moxley in the back that one time

We never found out but I think it was meant to be Hangman.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't see how on earth you could argue that Tay wasn't a well-built challenger for Shida. Or Ryo, for that matter.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Senerio posted:

That is Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford vs Kenny Omega and Riho erasure.

That match took place on international waters.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dragonshirt posted:

Do people who hate intergender wrestling get real mad if Chun Li wins in Street Fighter 2?

Yes, but only because that's my friend's main and I'm terrible at countering her.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yea, where will they film the Dark Order skits now that the hangout room is unavailable? These questions demand answers.

I saw this question come up a couple days ago and my answer was to get Dark Order a winnebago.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/1410710249858809872

I wonder if they rethink moving AEW for the NHL.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Attention thread:

Hangman Page

Everyone is saying it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The quarters peaked with Sammy vs. MJF, 962k and 517k 18-49

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1410706177999216643

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/tragedy.html

Amazing

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1410777343640100865

This thread kinda puts all of it into perspective.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Taxman posted:

I was reading this and the perspective shift is nuts...

But why is TROPICAL YA-HO! Yuna Mizumori on the list?
I'd assume because she was at the Japanese bracket of the tournament, though she didn't wrestle in it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rantmo posted:

Speaking of divisive things, Miro's new theme, Redeemer is up online and it's loving awesome but maybe not a great wrestling theme as it currently stands. It's an epic TV show theme, it's genuinely excellent, but I'm not sure how well it's going to translate with a crowd.

I love it a lot, but it needs a little bit more. Some kinda hook when he does his stomp.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

Miro's theme doesn't need changing at all cause it's fantastic. What needs to change is his entrance cause just coming out and doing a little hop doesn't fit the theatricaliy of the piece. Give him some fancy lighting and something like the Randy Orton pyro waterfall and it'll be perfect

Maybe if he prays before a match during his entrance or something?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So anyway, in his Q&A podcast Sean Ross Sapp reiterated that the releases will have a domino effect a few months from now and (separately, though I got the vibe they were related) that a "big name" has a contract expiring this year and is planning to jump ship (whether from WWE to AEW or AEW to WWE or another promotion entirely he didn't specify).

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t see how contextually that would indicate an AEW->WWE jump if they were related items, not that that jump isn’t one but able once the initial contracts start to expire.

He didn't explicitly say they're related but I agree, wouldn't make sense for it to be an AEW to WWE jump if they are.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dacap posted:

I’m actually curious who the first big AEW to WWE jump will be. It’s inevitable that it will happen eventually.

Not talking about the people who wrestled a bit on dark and went to NXT. I mean like a Moxley level star or someone close to it.

The only name that really comes to mind is MJF and I still don't think he's very likely.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

MJF is on a 5 year deal so AEW would have to have 0 defections from anyone who signed a 3 year deal.

Is there anyone huge who they only have signed to a 3 year deal that would jump ship?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

AEW's tag division is just stupid stacked. Private Party are young and they're featured weekly at this point even if just to do stuff with Matt. I will admit I would've liked to see them spend more time on Impact. That show just frankly has more space for people to get TV time, reps in the ring, and they could pretty quickly be the tag champs without much fuss I'd say. Like do I love PP? Yeah. But I also love Santana and Ortiz, FTR, Jurassic Express, Death Triangle, Best Friends, The Acclaimed (yes I said it), and I'm absolutely forgetting some names.

Everybody loves The Acclaimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dave Star Ratings:

Kenny vs. Jungle Boy: 4.5

Penta & Eddie vs. The Young Bucks: 4.25

MJF vs. Sammy: 4.5 (says it probably would've been MOTYC/gotten 5 with a different finish and Sammy winning)