Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

JR's flub is so hilariously bad i feel like Tony Khan can only laugh while kinda pulling his hair a bit

at the same time, retire JR and let's get a booth that skews towards the money demo age wise please ffs, i'm so over JR's grumpy old man routine, flubs, whining, and hearing about Buster Meatshed, Hammer "The Killer" Bludovich, Johnny Whippits, Fancy Freddie Dance, The Mongol, and all the other dead mid atlantic jaybrones

JR is like a mascot and I bet whenever stuff like this happens everyone just goes " oh that lovable scamp!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I love JR, but he is becoming an increasingly hard carry out there, and I feel like he's been contributing less and less aside from hitting his old catchphrases. I get why he was there from the start, but the big initial push to grab lapsed WWE fans is mostly over so you don't really need the nostalgia that much anymore. It would make sense to move him to backstage interviews and talent stuff behind the scenes and put Taz or Jericho or even Tall Paul in that third chair. But I figure they know that, that's why they have so many different color guys working on the YouTube shows and Jericho publicly saying he wants to do commentary and whatnot. They'll slowly phase him out sooner or later, I think.

In other thoughts, really looking forward to all the boomer/WWE stan "HOW COULD HE KICK OUT OF A TOP ROPE PILEDRIVER" discourse on twitter this week

Really enjoyed the show this week! Especially the Bucks' and Kenny's amazing facial hair and Supportive Dark Order

Jeffrey changed the name to Twitter? That's dumb

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Conrad_Birdie posted:

He didn’t say that

For a short moment in time both the aew thread and WWE thread were waiting for someone to finish this setup

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm begging people to watch the show and interact with what they show on screen instead of getting upset about made up rules in your head.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They said it was their first mixed tag match, a thing they've done before. Read into that how you will.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JR is 69, a widower, everything is bad for him, and he probably wants too die with the headset on. And I don't mean that to be depressing but the dude is old and his time is coming no matter how he lives it so I'm very happy and glad he's involved with the thing he loves.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Buddy he dies every week!!!

Good night from WWE Dynamiuuuuuuuuggggghhhhhhh

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

Some of y'all are really weird about constructive criticism.

That's what Twitter is for, Tony doesn't post here anymore.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh we talking about Bea Priestley now?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Private Party are currently less over and in a less important spot while also becoming much better wrestlers over the last 2 years. But that's also a really easy problem to fix and at this point I'm not going to work about AEW's ability to get someone over when if they've been kept on the side for a bit.

The tag division is also really odd right now with the focus on the bucks. It's not bad but it's very different from what they were doing before they had tag champs and the time right after SCU won.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

Dave Star Ratings:

Kenny vs. Jungle Boy: 4.5

Penta & Eddie vs. The Young Bucks: 4.25

MJF vs. Sammy: 4.5 (says it probably would've been MOTYC/gotten 5 with a different finish and Sammy winning)

That reasoning from Dave is a good example of how silly and subjective the star ratings are. Knocked off half a star because the match is the midpoint in a story.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Outside interference is rarely a satisfying finish and I thought MJF/Sammy suffered for it. Something can be a fine story beat while not being fantastic in terms of match construction.

Yeah but a satisfying doesn't necessarily equal good in criticism. Dave's criticism is very arbitrary, which isn't a bad thing it just is, and his reasoning is a good example of that. Which again isn't bad but does make it funny when people get really upset about bad star ratings because one guy didn't like the match.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Passive income on those streaming plays I guess

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

It's too bad The Elite don't have a believable midcard threat and a woman in the stable, because gathering all the belts in the company would be a great last straw moment for the whole roster to come at them. Like once you piss off Miro too, all bets are off.

Mind you, I wouldn't take the TNT belt from Miro for long. Just enough for him to redeem The Elite for their transgressions against God.

They bond over their love of Jesus. All good Christian boys

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lucha bros are taking that hair the bucks are growing

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He should drop the lyrics as a heel and add an orchestra

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Playing the hits this week

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

“What now” is what the audience thinks whenever Ethan Page comes on screen

I thought it was what everyone asked after the barbed wire match explosion

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A crowd can be one person

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'd rather watch Kenny matches

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I've heard Maki Itoh is like the Stone Cold Steve Austin of Japan.

A lot of people are saying this. I'm hearing it everywhere

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW should sign Bray Wyatt. He's under 35 and has all the skills. Hope his contract runs out soon.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A work rate pro like Bray would embarrass the AEW “wrestlers” in the squared circle

Good, they deserve it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SLUM KING posted:

Maki Itoh complaining about how she’s not getting what she deserves is kinda her gimmick. May be worthwhile to remember that pro-wrestlers have gimmicks, and they will often play into them even if it isn’t during a show.

Aww dude don't do this Let them get worked. It's fun that kayfabe is real again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vikingo can beat Kenny in AAA for the AEW and AAA belt and then you just ship guys down to Mexico and air it each week.

Hangman can go get killed by Miro.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

What a worker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The worst AEW shows are the YouTube ones which do not exist and the forum makes it up every week. None of those matches happens, this is manufactured consent, we've seen the invoice.