Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

smarxist posted:

JR's flub is so hilariously bad i feel like Tony Khan can only laugh while kinda pulling his hair a bit

at the same time, retire JR and let's get a booth that skews towards the money demo age wise please ffs, i'm so over JR's grumpy old man routine, flubs, whining, and hearing about Buster Meatshed, Hammer "The Killer" Bludovich, Johnny Whippits, Fancy Freddie Dance, The Mongol, and all the other dead mid atlantic jaybrones

I love JR, but he is becoming an increasingly hard carry out there, and I feel like he's been contributing less and less aside from hitting his old catchphrases. I get why he was there from the start, but the big initial push to grab lapsed WWE fans is mostly over so you don't really need the nostalgia that much anymore. It would make sense to move him to backstage interviews and talent stuff behind the scenes and put Taz or Jericho or even Tall Paul in that third chair. But I figure they know that, that's why they have so many different color guys working on the YouTube shows and Jericho publicly saying he wants to do commentary and whatnot. They'll slowly phase him out sooner or later, I think.

In other thoughts, really looking forward to all the boomer/WWE stan "HOW COULD HE KICK OUT OF A TOP ROPE PILEDRIVER" discourse on twitter this week

Really enjoyed the show this week! Especially the Bucks' and Kenny's amazing facial hair and Supportive Dark Order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1410420153213456384?s=20

At least MJF is feeling well enough to be immediately heeling it up on Twitter

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Hub Dirt posted:

JR's flub was worse than when the ring didn't explode. Such a wet fart after an insanely good main event and that heartfelt year in review video. Anyway, I hope Rebel's ok.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

AEW has to ban chairs to the head and the flying headbutt. It's absolutely unacceptable that Tony Khan let's it continue.

flatluigi posted:

i was mostly posting on discord instead of the live thread, was mjf actually injured? i was thinking he was just selling really well and it worked in context of all the spots they were doing in the match

I thought it was real because it looked like the ref and Sammy and MJF were doing a lot of talking and stalling for a bit like they were figuring out what to do, but I could have gotten worked

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Caught up on the opening tag, Brandon not stopping with the spray even after he realized his gently caress-up was loving hilarious, and then Kaz MURDERING him was amazing.

in his horror, he just couldn't stop his fingers convulsing on those triggers for like a full thirty seconds, I was laughing my rear end off

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

I still can't believe Cody snuck in a clip of his stupid gender reveal party into the Daily's Place montage like it was a big important moment on the level of Brodie's memorial.

Nobody should care about gender reveals. Nobody should have gender reveals. That segment wasn't significant in the least to Dynamite's tenure at Daily's.

It was like a 2 second clip

It took me longer to read your post bitching about it than the clip lasted

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dacap posted:

Yeah the Iconics and Kalisto are the only ones I’d have any interest in.

Agree with these. I wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea Green get a look, too, like some tryout matches on Elevation to see how she does. But that's mostly on the back of that good match she had with Penta back in Lucha Underground. I think she's got more capability in the ring then she's been able to show in the past and working with some actual trainers could really do something for her

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Drakkel posted:

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if AEW just doesn't sign any of the women that have been released cause they just don't seem to give a poo poo at this point. Bo Dallas has a better chance of showing up on Dynamite than the Iiconics at this stage in the game.

:rolleyes:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/sethmoney/status/1410442901147066368

Post show shenanigans including Fuego, -1, and the fate of Cody’s birthday cake

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

karmicknight posted:

It was a match between the champion and her clear challenger with their wacky sidekicks to keep the actual title match as being special.

yeah, and mostly the point was the post-match beatdown which was pretty dope, Britt loves taking stupid hard bumps

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

that kid's a drat menace

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mr. Squishy posted:

It does not necessarily follow that there will be intergender wrestling in a mixed-tag. For an example, see the only other mixed-tag match in AEW history, where Shaq and Jade defeated Cody and Red Velvet.

There was also Omega and Riho v. Kip and Penelope, which had intergender wrestling. That only partially counts since it was basically a dark match on the Jericho cruise but they did air it on Dynamite after the fact.

I still expect it'll follow the Shaq match rules instead

(edit) beaten

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Penguin Patrol posted:

Wow, that's a lot better than I was expecting for their first Wednesday back.

Big Dave agrees

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1410700056848572416?s=20

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lamuella posted:

Everyone loves The Acclaimed.

https://twitter.com/Bowens_Official/status/1410771780919336961

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JT Smiley posted:

Miro was heavily involved in the creation of his new theme.

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1410706177999216643?s=20
https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1411140067599421451?s=20

as per Rukus

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1411167891312029698?s=20

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

AEW why must you toy with my emotions Fuego nooooo :cry:

Diamante's fine but she's not like an essential pickup. She's not been on Dynamite in months

That bit at the end of the vlog got me pretty good. I was like after all the Friendlympics stuff, you're just gonna resolve it like THAT -- and then they cut back and Cody's insanity gave me hope

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RealFoxy posted:

I can't tell who's arguing in bad faith anymore

just avoid this thread the day before Dynamite

most other days, too

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

jesus WEP posted:

sign fuego you fucks

Friendlympics finale better be live on Dynamite, it's the most important story in the company right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Kunabomber posted:

finally got around to watching the vlog

it ain't over

Cody's gonna personally pay Kling Kling and Fuego and EmpBruh a weekly fee and plane tickets just to appear on Sammy's vlog

the Friendlympics cannot be stopped