Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

smarxist posted:

JR's flub is so hilariously bad i feel like Tony Khan can only laugh while kinda pulling his hair a bit

at the same time, retire JR and let's get a booth that skews towards the money demo age wise please ffs, i'm so over JR's grumpy old man routine, flubs, whining, and hearing about Buster Meatshed, Hammer "The Killer" Bludovich, Johnny Whippits, Fancy Freddie Dance, The Mongol, and all the other dead mid atlantic jaybrones

Hammer "The Killer" is a loving all time great name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Sounds like (tentatively) Rebel has a dislocated kneecap. Which would be lucky.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1410450506124869640

Just when she finally got rid of that crutch

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

jim ross was mixing up peoples' names 20 years ago.

Yes, this is important to remember. Even in 90s WCW he would stumble and get things wrong. It's not a new thing, I guess it's just highlighted because of how good Excal and Tony are? And even they mess up from time to time, they just aren't crotchety about it.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 1, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry but that post was complete sarcasm meant to mock the ageism going on in this thread. one person embarrassingly criticized me for it but thankfully that's been buried in the past. you're on your own this time

Your sarcasm is based in historical accuracy!

I mean the first sentence of your post is true, the rest is silly. That's the part I was responding to.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

I'm just saying I have reservations about the companies plans for the women's division when they best they can do on the big show before they go on the road is a Vickie Guerrero match.

The Nyla/Britt title match is in like 3 weeks. You need some poo poo to build until then. It can't all be throwing cheeseburgers.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

God it's Thursday. The post Dynamite discussions are going strong this time.

It's okay, if my calculations are correct we'll have another Dynamite on Friday and one more on Saturday to smooth things over

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

Swole could easily transition into being KiLynn and Velvet's manager if she had to stop wrestling, but yeah, she'd be fun at the booth.

AEW has such deep roots in New Japan that I'd be surprised if they didn't introduce a G1/BoSJ/WTL at some point. I guess the only thing that might prevent that is the lack of daily airtime to book all the block matches. Though I guess after August they could do some of the days on Youtube and the rest on TV. If it's, say, a 10-person/team tournament, they could just extend it to be 4 days each week instead of all at once, or even throw extra taped matches on Youtube during the non-show days.

Even New Japan does block matches on otherwise throwaway house show type shows. It'd make sense to put a block match as the Dark & Elevation main events each week.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eddie/Penta feels too makeshift for me to want them to beat The Bucks. I love Eddie and want him to be a champion, but I dunno. With Mox, sure. Maybe a TNT Title run down the road. But this just feels too quick for me.

Also holding out hope that PNP get a shot at the next PPV for the massive pop and feel good moment when they finally win the belts.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Everyone has been operating by going to Jacksonville once or twice a week. Now they're going to be in a different city each week. It makes sense they'd try to bookend their trip to a region with some other shows.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MotU posted:

what happened to him saying immediately afterwards that it was a choice made to be safe

I don't remember him ever saying it was done that way to be safe, but he did heavy deflecting with stuff like "What, did you really think we were gonna blow people up?!" instead of addressing what had actually been planned and what went wrong. They were in storyline spin mode immediately.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Defenestrategy posted:

Honestly I was surprised they did the explosion match live instead of as a pretape. I can't imagine fire marshals being happy about that kind of stunt being done live.

How would a pretape vs live matter to a fire marshal? It's still going to happen the same either way.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vince MechMahon posted:

He's covering so he can put it up after dark to not reveal that Fuego, Black, and King are... Not signed. But they're gonna be doing the Retribution gimmick, baby!

Maybe there's a contract in the pocket of that jacket they're giving away as the prize in the Friend Olympics and that's why 10 got removed.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

I still maintain they should have had the match live then used parlor tricks (a shot of Callis coming out or something) to cut to a closed pretape where they could use better pyro or CG or something to make it look super good instead of bad! You have full control! Tony!

So the live crowd watches a whole match then has to watch an explosion on a screen?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

smarxist posted:

Shaq hobbled off into the everglades and hasn't been seen since. meanwhile, the carcasses of mutilated gators are beginning to be found

Can't wait for Shaq to show back up dressed like Skinner, holding a gator claw and spitting black licorice everywhere

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Crapple! posted:

New segment for Road Rager. Looking forward to this one

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1412768122084409348

I really hope Darby doesn't touch him and there are no shenanigans because I want the fuckin' coffin match in Austin next week

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Looks like the only city where they won't top their first visit is Miami and that had the weirdness with it selling out at reduced capacity and then the capacity limits got lifted.

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1412787449802244100

Garland is also down a little and I wonder how many people are like me and aren't going because there's an Austin show before it. Last time around, they announced the Garland show and sold tickets before they announced Austin so we were compelled to drive 3 hours to see Dynamite assuming we wouldn't see it any closer.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I just remembered Andrade debuts tonight and I'm extra fuckin' pumped.

Planning for a cross-country move has been stressful as gently caress the past couple of weeks and today I've lost my voice for no good reason at all but at least I'm ready to light the fuse again.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Majinfoose posted:

Do y'all think they'll having any shocking surprises tonight with it being the first touring show?

I'm not getting to excited for anything but I feel like they're going to want these shows to feel big and special, so maybe each one has something big happening on it aside from just the announced matches? Not debuts on all 4 shows, but maybe some big title change or something (though to be honest, nobody should be losing a title right now so maybe not).

I dunno. Tony does a good job of over-hyping things so him saying he has surprises lined up that people will be excited for could be something silly that isn't really all that exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is Thunder Rosa on the show yet? She posted something and tagged the location as Miami so maybe she'll show up and beat some rear end.