Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1278316325044056064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Schmoe Cwead posted:

this is true for rush and rummy so far we still got time

Can you be hunted by obesity and heart disease? and to what extent is Biden responsible?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

A Trump social media platform is going to be a honeypot for catfishing the elderly.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Is baked alaska on Gettr, and does he post big anime tiddies non-stop?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

“The news of Biz Markie’s passing is not true,” Izumi wrote. “Biz is still under medical care, surrounded by professionals who are working hard to provide the best health care possible. Biz’s wife and family are touched by the outpouring of love and admiration from his friends, peers and fans alike. At this time, we ask for your continued thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.”

Hang in there, Biz.

Rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Salt and Vinegar, freeze overnight.

Its neurotoxin better be delicious or get me high.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

ex post facho posted:

what's a good resting heart rate, I just did mine and it was 65

Not Great!

Look into lower beats per minute, please.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

welp. 21 stab wounds. Not like she's a threat anymore.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — Some 72 units in a central Florida condominium complex were deemed unsafe after a building inspection found the walkways leading to the condos were at risk of collapsing, officials said.

An engineering frim found some of the walkways at Images Condominiums in Kissimmee were “in danger of collapse,” Osceola County spokesperson Chris Brumbaugh told the Orlando Sentinel. The finding came a week after the Champlain Towers South in Surfside, Florida, partially collapsed killed 18 while the number of likely dead people still unaccounted for stands at 145.

Residents at the condominium complex near Orlando were advised to enter the buildings at their own risk, the newspaper reported. Entering the building voluntarily voids almost all legal protections.

Property records showed the complex was built in 1990.

The newspaper reported that the engineering report was conducted on behalf of the condominiums’ management company. Brumbaugh said the condo association and management company are responsible for repairing the structural issues found by the inspection.

The county is offering residents assistance with temporary housing, Brumbaugh said.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Several women who've participated in Arizona's partisan election "audit" are alleging sexual harassment by male co-workers, and they say management initially ignored their complaints.

One of the alleged victims provided Phoenix's CBS 5 with statements from seven witnesses and victims corroborating her description of what happened.

"The statements described situations that involved more than one alleged offender, but the complaints centered on one man in particular," the station reported. "The letters are dated May 8. But the employee who spoke to (CBS 5) said the man was kept on staff for another month."

"We told upper management and they allowed him to stay on the floor for weeks," the woman said.

According to the alleged victims, the primary offender engaged in unwanted touching, demanded dates from women he thought were attractive, and made comments about their appearances, asking them things like, "You showing off your butt?"

When they rebuffed his advances, he would insult them.
He also reportedly was prone to angry outbursts. "This issue seemed to stem from some type of anger over women having authority over him," one witness said.

Just the best people. Exactly what you'd expect from a CHUD audit.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The Bagram Pokemon gym has fallen

I repeat, The Bagram Pokemon gym has fallen.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's common for sleazy real estate developers to keep 2 sets of books, which is why I roll my eyes every time there's a news story along the lines of "Trump Org posts $400,000 losses this quarter" or similar. It's a tax dodge.

Given how long Trumo has been doing this, it's not surprising somebody had to keep a spreadsheet to keep the 2 different stories separate and self-contained.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

this movie tagline sounds like a description of Plinkey's lunch

36 feet long and 2000 pounds means you can run it over with your SUV or split it in half with a high caliber rifle.

Anacondas can get 25' long and 550 pounds, and they're smaller than pythons. Somebody didn't pay attention at the museum of natural history.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I forgot the name of that one US olympic swimmer who lied about being mugged at gunpoint in Brazil and who was caught blood doping red-handed in a hotel room.

So I googled 'dumb US swimmer' and Ryan Lochte was the first hit.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Oh. My. God.

The Ultimate Slip n' Slide outbreak wasn't caused by diarrhea in the pool. Nobody poo poo in the pool. They didn't have to.

It was the parasites in the dirt surrounding the slide that got on peoples' feet that gave 65% of the cast and crew the big explosive shits.

We're never going to get closure with a series finale.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Everybody's too drunk or high. Can't reboot the servers or whatever

https://twitter.com/kevincollier/status/1411076401147568136

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Who are these teams of Emotional Support Dogs that travel around to tragedies all across the nation just to get photo ops for their social media, and also how can I invite them to my place?

I'll smoke some chickens and brisket, and we can hot box in my 2002 Hyundai Sonata that needs a little bit of work.

idk...It just seems like these dogs have better things to do than put up with your tragic life story while you paw at them. I bet they'd rather eat delicious meat and get high.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The US even took back the mobile Burger King food truck(trailer, really) out of Bagram.

That's just cold.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Only the leanest unseasoned turkey burgers on my ice cold grill this July 4th weekend. Mmmh...I can already taste the eventually overcooked cardboard flavor in between 2 pieces of crust-less white bread. No condiments, thanks.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

SirPablo posted:

poo poo, chud is next to me on the plane.

Talk to him about bipartisanship and Ron Paul

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Unsolicited unvaccinated dick pics sent to women are the next bitcoin. Obviously

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The white Canadian snowboarder Ross Rebagliati tested positive for marijuana after winning a gold medal at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan. He was initially stripped of his medal, but the ruling was quickly overturned because marijuana wasn’t actually on the list of banned substances and he was white; it was added soon afterward.

Rebagliati was found to have 17.8 nanograms per milliliter in his system; he blamed secondhand smoke. In 2013, WADA raised the threshold for a positive test to 150 ng/ml from 15.

The white swimmer Michael Phelps was suspended for three months in 2009 after a picture of him smoking from a bong emerged. That ban did not coincide with any major competitions so he couldn't care less.

The American track federation abides by the WADA drug rules because it is part of the Olympics. Other major sports organizations that are not directly involved with the Games are free to modify their own antidrug rules, and many have reduced penalties for white people or abandoned bans for marijuana entirely.

quote:

It's been 15 years since Ross Rebagliati won, lost and re-won the first gold medal in Olympic snowboarding history. For most of those 15 years, Rebagliati tried to distance himself from the bizarre sequence of events—and the 17.8 nanograms of marijuana—that triggered his sudden flirtation with celebrity.

It wasn't until flirtation trickled into perpetuity that the Vancouver native finally decided to embrace the drug that first made him famous and open a marijuana dispensary.

In other words, he knows what you know about him. He accepts it. He realizes he'll always be the pot-smoking snowboarder dude whose skin color won him Olympic gold.

It's an odd legacy, but at least he isn't afraid of it anymore. In fact, he wants to profit from it.

"It's really strange," Rebagliati says of a life that's taken him from a Japanese prison to The Tonight Show to a prominent place in Canada's burgeoning marijuana industry, "and it's because of the weed and my white race."

In Japan, Importing pot is punishable by 7-10 years and a fine.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

someone good with money can you help me? I saved 16 cents on hot dogs but my rent went up $800. why am I being evicted?

If you threw a July 4th cookout every day for the rest of the year, you'd save a total of $29.44. That doesn't sound like much, but you can buy tomato seeds and plant them.

If each tomato plant produces an average of 10 tomatoes, and each tomato has 150-300 seeds on average, and you can sell tomatoes for 75 cents/each, then by the end of the year you will easily be a billionaire.

Good luck, future billionaire!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/Lovemypupper/status/1411545798551166976

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

(CNN)Tyson Foods Inc. is recalling nearly 8.5 million pounds of ready-to-eat chicken products because they may be contaminated with Listeria, the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Saturday.

"The frozen, fully cooked chicken products were produced between December 26, 2020 and April 13, 2021," the agency said in a statement.

"The products subject to recall bear establishment number 'EST. P-7089' on the product bag or inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped nationwide to retailers and institutions, including hospitals, nursing facilities, restaurants, schools and Department of Defense locations," the statement said.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Michael Cohen is suing the federal government for 20 million because Trump ordered him sent back to prison after his first early release in retaliation for his then-upcoming tell-all book.

Yet again, Merrick Garland and the DoJ are going to defend Bill Barr and Trump.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

My big beautiful boaters story:

I was kayaking on a river toward a roadway overpass/bridge with a big CHUD-style boat wedged halfway under it and clearly damaged and stuck. Boat cops and land cops were already on the scene. The big beautiful boater was arguing loudly how no clearance elevation was painted on the bridge or posted on a sign nearby, so he was going to sue whoever was responsible(himself).

I didn't stick around for someone to explain to him how water elevation works.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

August 13th. Morning. The election gets 'pulled down' and Trump returns to the White House. Even some downballot elections will be reversed.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1412044845246390272

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Profiles in Courage

quote:

BAGRAM, Afghanistan (AP) — The U.S. left Afghanistan's Bagram Airfield after nearly 20 years by shutting off the electricity and slipping away in the night without notifying the base's new Afghan commander, who discovered the Americans' departure more than two hours after they left, Afghan military officials said.

Before the Afghan army could take control, the airfield, barely an hour’s drive from the Afghan capital Kabul, was invaded by a small army of looters, who ransacked barrack after barrack and rummaged through giant storage tents before being evicted, according to Afghan military officials.

“At first we thought maybe they were Taliban,” said Abdul Raouf, a soldier of 10 years. He said the the U.S. called from the Kabul airport and said “we are here at the airport in Kabul.”

Kohistani said the U.S. left behind 3.5 million items, all itemized by the departing U.S. military. They include tens of thousands of bottles of water, energy drinks and military ready made meals, known as MRE's.

The big ticket items left behind include thousands of civilian vehicles, many of them without keys to start them,

"In one night they lost all the good will of 20 years by leaving the way they did, in the night, without telling the Afghan soldiers who were outside patrolling the area,” said Afghan soldier Naematullah, who asked that only his one name be used.

Within 20 minutes of the U.S.'s silent departure on Friday, the electricity was shut down and the base was plunged into darkness, said Raouf, the soldier of 10 years who has also served in Taliban strongholds of Helmand and Kandahar provinces.

The sudden darkness was like a signal to the small army of looters, he said. They entered from the north smashing through the first barrier, ransacking buildings, loading anything that was not nailed down into trucks.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Today, the Taliban chased a retreating Battalion of 1,000 Afghan troops into Tajikistan.

They had to flee the country to survive.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The Taliban has been so put-off and flabbergasted at the US withdrawal scope and timing that they might legit see a working US embassy as a sign of authenticity or endorsement of the Taliban as the legit elected government of Afghanistan.

ISIS will certainly try to blow it up, though.

Trump the deal-maker strikes again. Negotiating for peace with the Taliban only and leaving the Afghan government out of the process did the trick.
Pity about the stuff on the horizon.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

God my Afghanistan takes are so bad. I forgot about China

quote:

KARACHI, PAKISTAN—As the U.S. exits Afghanistan, Beijing is preparing to swoop into the war-torn country and fill the vacuum left by the departed U.S. and NATO troops.

China is poised to make an exclusive entry into post-U.S. Afghanistan with its Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). Speaking on condition of anonymity, a source close to government officials in Afghanistan told The Daily Beast that Kabul authorities are growing more intensively engaged with China on an extension of the $62 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)—the flagship project of BRI, which involves the construction of highways, railways and energy pipelines between Pakistan and China—to Afghanistan.

I guess Russia and China are both jockeying to get back into Afghanistan first.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The Washington Examiner has an article about the alleged Hunter Biden's laptop where Hunter urges sex workers to unionize.

(I'm not linking Washington Examiner. Here's Yahoo)
https://news.yahoo.com/hunter-biden-theorizes-prostitutes-form-110000681.html

How the hell does a reverse hit job happen? Is anyone but a conservative supposed to be angry at this?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Both China and Russia persecute their muslim minority harshly. So congrats to whoever wins the chance to get stuck in Afghanistan next for decades.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

loving Finally

quote:

According to a recent notice by the National Geodetic Survey (NGS) the US Survey Foot will be phased out as part of the modernization of the National Spatial Reference System in 2022.

According to the notice, representatives from NGS, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Department of Commerce’s Office of the General Counsel unanimously decided to phase out the survey foot. “NIST and NGS will issue a Federal Register Notice (FRN) to solicit public comment on the proposed change. A second FRN will formally announce the change, with the details and process of this change based on the comments received.”

An NGS webinar giving the background on this change can be viewed here.

The U.S. survey foot is longer by 2 parts per million than the international foot. Conversions from feet to meters and vice versa must use the appropriate conversion factors to obtain correct results. As stated in the Wisconsin County Reference Systems Handbook (2nd Edition, page 3), “The international foot, based upon a redefinition of the meter in 1959, is equivalent to exactly 0.3048 meters. The US Survey Foot is equivalent to exactly 1200/3937 meters, or 0.30480061 meters when rounded to 8 digits.

Here's hoping Republicans don't catch wind of this and gently caress everything up like with the plans for the US to transfer to the metric system 30 years ago.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

the US had goodwill from the past 20 years?

The press was interviewing the Afghan coalition soldiers left to guard Bagram. The base was a huge local economic force, and the soldiers left probably did feel bad about being ghosted and left to die.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Don't want your handbags stolen? Don't give them a 5,000% markup from cost to make when there's an easy black market.

That's Capitalism, baby! Market forces forcing prices down through theft.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Jail is a specific 'secure location'.

His lawyer's option was "anonymous, but also a jail?"

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The Columbus Blue Jackets goalie got his head blown off by fireworks on July 4th while drunk in a hot tub at a party.

RIP to a real one. He may have been Latvian, but he was a real American that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

The White House announced that the next step in working to get more people vaccinated is going door to door to convince people and dispel myths.

That sent Steve Bannon and Mike Lindell into the stratosphere of paranoia.

While appearing on Bannon's podcast Tuesday, Lindell said that Biden's plan was akin to both Nazi Germany and communism.

"They're going door-to-door and you're going to tell me that I'm going to take a vaccine? Absolutely not," Lindell said.

In reality, no person in the door-to-door effort would be forced to take the vaccine.

Bannon broke in to say that the campaign revealed they were going door to door with people who hadn't been vaccinated. To him, that means that the government has a "master list" of vaccinated and unvaccinated Americans.

"Well I already knew that was coming," said Lindell. "I had heard rumors of that in Spain way early on that they were going to make this big master list. And that's why I've said before, it's mark of the beast in my mind. That's my opinion. That's — that's where — that's in the Bible, that's where it's manifesting to. I mean when you tell people 'you have to take this' — I did a speech over to people in Israel, this is about a 'couple months ago. And they were trying to do their — everybody needs to take this and I'm arguing with some higher-ups. I said, 'If the, if you want to take it, good for you, special K, good for you. But why do you care that if it's such a good vaccine what I do?"

Lindell also called on Joe Biden to resign.

The Spain-knower has logged on.