Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Uh oh some nobody doesn't like grilling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Wasabi the J posted:

I ain't got no type 'cept for that white sauce poo poo.

I generally avoid white foods at BBQ.

You're missing out - good white sauce on BBQ wings is exquisite

PookBear posted:

the only reason to grill is for the social activity or cooking a lot of hotdogs at once.

grilled cebollotas are also an incredible grilled treat. I make them Everytime I grill because of how gotdang good they are.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 2, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Finicky goon food posts are the best

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yeah that's pretty much a feature with bbq

I'd suggest eating at bbq places that aren't white (either sauce or owners)

There was this great place for ribs right outside of Kingsbay submarine base when I first reported there. I'd stop by once a week or so for a half rack of ribs and some sides. After my second deployment I came back and the place was closed down. The owner had apparently caught his wife cheating and executed her and her boyfriend.

After that, it just wasn't the same. His relatives ran the place, but they didn't out the same effort into anything. Aside from not bbqing the meat correctly they also messed with all the sides. It was a real shame what happened to that place.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Sports administrative bodies are loving dogshit. gently caress these clowns

The science behind these kind of rules is arbitrary and stupid. There is no corresponding testosterone cutoff for males or anything of the sort.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

One of them is on YouTube right now (don't have the link) claiming that, it appears to all be a clusterfuck of stupid, considering they don't even have driver's licenses and were... driving.

https://twitter.com/NiaNBCBoston/status/1411314291312111622?s=19

Driving without a license happens more often than you might think..

Though I guess that doesn't make it any less stupid

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Tim Tebow is gonna start at QB this year. Christ compels it.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
That's some lovely luck I guess.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Hoo-rah

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

boop the snoot posted:

I am conflicted.

Do I want us out of Afghanistan? Absolutely.

But weirdly, the way we just left Bagram in the middle of the night just makes it even more clear how much of an utter waste my time in the military was.

I guess I got free school out of it? Something I think everyone should get anyway?

Yeah war is loving stupid

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
You really don't enjoy watching the Olympics? It's one of the most entertaining sports spectacles ever conceived. It's also a shared experience for people from all walks of life from all over the planet.

People like the Olympics. Having it during a pandemic seems pretty stupid, bit the games themselves are pretty well loved.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 8, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Stultus Maximus posted:

There are things which in isolation I would enjoy but are rooted in such evil, greed, and corruption it ruins the experience. Most sports, for example.

Are you making this post from a Gilligan's island style coconut transmitter?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Hey at least they're only closing accounts and not secretly opening new ones

They're probably announcing the policy change due to the number of dummy credit lines that were already opened. :tinfoil:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Cugel the Clever posted:

what if an olympics where instead of training 365 days a year with an extensive support staff to maximize who can jump the fastest or hop over the most javelins, we had folks competing for who could best address the varied social ills of the host city by giving medals to those who can most sustainably and extensively feed the hungry and home the homeless

Then society would defund the program and scrap the Olympics

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

boop the snoot posted:

I don’t know how to feel about this.

All of these people loving suck

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The rhythm method. Tried. Trusted. All-Natural.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Gotta pay the piper if you want official transcripts

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dubya is crying about the Afghanistan withdrawal because Afghan women and girls will suffer unspeakable harm.

Good gently caress that moron

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Hearts and minds baby! Who wants to make the next deal with the devil?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Calling cover for a heart attack

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
lol that dude was hardcore

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Who the gently caress approved a public official visiting an old folks home during a pandemic? The grim reaper.pomitical cartoons write themselves

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Best Friends posted:

It's the same market incentive at work at any scale - real estate is high returns on investment

Its actually not a great return on investment but the government has shown time and time again that they will bail out homeowners so its a remarkably secure investment that responds to market forces with government assistance.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 20, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Lol at requiring bikini bottoms. What the gently caress

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

PookBear posted:

how to fix JIT: CEO salary is held in a mutual fund of the CEO's choosing but controlled by the company and paid out over a 10 year period. In case of bankruptcy it is the first asset to go. Stocks or other financial instrument part of a compensation package can't be sold for 10 years.

The majority of most ceo compensation packages is already company stock so I dont see what this would actually do. If you are the CEO of a company whose stock goes to 0 you are already working at a loss

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Notahippie posted:

Lil Nas X paired that video with a partnership with a bail fund and now he's directly targeting other musicians to get them to ante up. This dude is going to singlehandedly make that old joke about luxury gay space communism real.

https://twitter.com/franklinleonard/status/1418581166953832452?s=20

Yeah I saw that - Lil Nas X is loving cool

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
drat, only time I had Dilaudid they were little knockout pills that put me out for 4 hours at a time o7

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

RFC2324 posted:

Thats not how cryptocurrency works. It has to be mined into existence, if it could just be programmed into existence then people WOULD just program it into existence.

You can do whatever you want when making a cryptocurrency.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Crypto works thanks to early adoption by pedophiles and drug dealers which enabled financial criminals to establish a stable means of laundering! It's the future baby!

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Wasabi the J posted:

My coworker went to the hospital after his first vaccine and he wanted it. Apparently he passed the gently caress out and had difficulty breathing.

a Deputy District Attorney in my courthouse is sick as poo poo. He told me months ago that he was fully vaccinated. He could have been lying, but we have since been told by his office that someone employed in that office has tested positive this week. I don't know for certain that those two events are connected but uh, common sense and all certainly suggests that's the case.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the House managed to find more money for the cops and adjourned without addressing the eviction moratorium because it "snuck up on them"

this is, of course, what many of the politically astute posters in the thread voted for.

I voted for Trump!

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
If any of their supporters gave a poo poo about follow-through it wouldnt be an issue. Real Americans support WWE characters for the highest office of the land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The office was fine, but the material isnt strong enough to base your whole personality around. Its simply not Anchorman level, and I dont see why people dont talk about that more.