Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cugel the Clever posted:

Shatner is following in the steps of Larry King to host an infotainment show on RT. In typical Shatner fashion, he's gone into attack mode against those calling him out for serving as a stooge for ol' buddy Vlad.

https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1410607617223786511?s=19
https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1410408176202125313?s=19
https://twitter.com/wiczipedia/status/1410643798774984712?s=19

I'm gonna hope this is just viral marketing for a new season of Clangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

No he Leo Ryan was killed, this is his then 26 year old staffer who was shot 5 times and didn't recieve aid until 22 hours later.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

WHY IS THE US GOVERNMENT CITING AN INSURANCE COMPANY ABOUT THE PRICE OF FAKE CHEESE??

"We regret to inform you that the collision damage to these kraft singles exceeds 60% of blue book value so we will not be repairing them, here's a check that won't quite pay off your loan"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

all of this is beautiful

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's effectively ranch dressing for BBQ and don't let anyone tell you different or argue that "it's got mustard and/or vinegar in it so it's not ranch dressing."

It's ranch dressing on BBQ.

what the gently caress

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Retrowave Joe posted:

It’s amazing how Republicans don’t care that regulations are written in blood.

They know that perfectly well but it's much more important for them to demonstrate fealty to The Almighty Number Most High

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Tebow should be at the front of that class action if anyone should, the whole reason he couldn't hack it in the pros is that he was such a genetic freak all his coaches made careers for themselves letting him Big Man the ball through instead of teaching him anything about how to play the drat game

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

fuuuuuuck sake just federally issue everyone an RSA keypair already

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If there's one thing the internet has learned in the last month it's that explosives hit different in the pool

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

and Ford trials

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

unironic hell yeah USA: Biden prioritizing justice for the green card vets that got hosed over

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1412078820291760148

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Everything will be perfect once everyone we don't like is dead or toiling in labor camps." :hitler:

(no, not a direct quote from anyone, just ~implied~)

You know, I used to look at how these years went in Star Trek: TOS and TNG during the initial airings and think, "wow, good thing it didn't pan out like that."

Turns out we were just ~20-30 years off. Only there'll be no Warp Drive or "First Contact" after the resource wars.

I was real big on the TOS pulp novels in middle school and found one at my brother's house I had missed years ago and read it this week.

Yeah, so turns out Spock's World (1988) is about a racist secession crisis on Vulcan fueled by internet message board trolls paid to seed societal unrest by a real estate developer because Spock & McCoy hurt her feelings once. They also cracked the case open because Bones had a backdoor into the server logs.

Diane Duane is a time traveller :tinfoil:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

US Berder Patrol posted:

Yup, thanks. Had totally forgotten debt consolidation as a "legitimate" use for a personal loan

The proliferation of 18 month 0% intro rate balance transfer cards as the CC industry cannibalizes itself has cut into that pretty hard

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Here, let the chapo boys punch themselves in the dicks so you don't have to.

294 - CPAC: Judgment Days (3/4/19)
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/4WCVa

I spent about 5 minutes at a Michele Bachmann campaign event with my great-grandma in 2012 and we dipped out almost immediately because the Nuremburg vibes were unmistakable. Also counted at least 5 dudes in completely sweat-yellowed pinstripe seersucker.

At least Mike Huckabee gave away popcorn at his thing and expressed some kind of positive goals, Bachmann's was just a stark undecorated hotel ballroom boiling over with white rage and we didn't even stick around for anyone to begin speaking.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 10, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Also Mike Huckabee bears a startling resemblance to spongebob squarepants in real life, just the dewiest huge eyes I've ever gotten lost in

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Fallom posted:

Can I buy a forums chill package that temp bans someone from CSPAM for a few hours and plays hip hop study beats over the forums

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730155&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This is standard practice, if you haven't been deprovisioned between getting called into the HR office and arriving there to get the news then your IT department is frankly negligent.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Umberto Eco's essay "Ur-Fascism" also goes into this difficulty, and offers a set of signifiers of fascist movements in history that can be useful as sort of like a clinical diagnostic scale: "if you said yes to more than nine of these symptoms..."
\ :umberto:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My brother and his wife's family that he lives with are all solidly antivax even though they all got the rona bad in november and her died died. They love the "it's a personal choice" line and I made it clear in no uncertain terms over the course of a tense weeklong visit that I will remind them of that and then laugh at them if it works out poorly.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

spoilers: he will need emergency surgery

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I haven't been able to piece the mechanism together but I've been sure for years that it's gonna have to do with passive index funds becoming vulnerable to manipulation of the underlying index memberships as they become an ever larger slice of the overall market. Tesla breaking into the S&P 500 was a warning shot.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

oh poo poo that's it it's gonna be real players doing a Gamestop, huge private capital funds taking a page from the WSB playbook and trading the same poo poo companies back and forth with themselves until the market cap is so high fidelity and vanguard HAVE to buy it from them with our retirement funds

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

Remember our hopes and dreams concerning the piss tape? Well... Russia has something:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/15/kremlin-papers-appear-to-show-putins-plot-to-put-trump-in-white-house

uh huh, "leaked" this is the FSB taking an extremely well deserved victory lap for the most succesfull op in history

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Fun fact, dump truck drivers frequently disable their alarms for when the bed is raised because they are annoying.

E: I read a post on Reddit that I agree with which is that the bridge is probably hosed because the beams at the impact site probably all suffered lateral torsional buckling failure.

They already demo'd the bridge, finished sometime around 3 this morning.

Almost certainly the fastest GA government has ever done anything.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 16, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

RIP 2 a real 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7CkBQoM7DI

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That guy that posted an ask/tell thread about Nuclear MASINT and then got reamed so hard he killed himself

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 18, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

US Berder Patrol posted:

understand
under...stand
if you stand under, then someone stands over
standing over is like ruling over
don't understand because you refuse to be ruled over

I should be on the Team USA mental gymnastics team, I'll bring the gold back from Tokyo

Buddy I got bad news for you, you are way behind the curve on this one

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Somebody looked at thousands of years of historical record and figured out mass pandemic deaths have generally been very good for labor's bargaining position.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I can always put more clothes on, but at some point hot weather runs into the auto insurance problem: state legal minimums

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

ZF? Yeah.... that's gonna have enormous impacts.

Welp that explains why this bearing factory suddenly went from running 7 days a week to 4

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

US Berder Patrol posted:

On the heels of the Union Pacific announcing taking a t-break (a break from transporting cargo to Chicago), the ticker for UNP is up 2 and a quarter percent, currently +$4.98 for the day. Gotta love the bailout based economy.

I can't believe I've wasted so much time working for a living when I could have just been owning shares in bloodthirsty, union busting monopolists that pay dividends

I posted that link in the stock degenerate thread and the announcement turned out to have been from last week

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

GD_American posted:

I know the pivot will take several years bit I would to love to see how biz school curriculums evolve from this. Journals like HBR were jizzing over things like open offices and servant leadership when I was in undergrad, then 5 years later in postgrad they hated them.

JIT will probably go down in history with Lamarckian evolution and phrenology as dead end ideas. We’ll have a period where robustness and redundancy become fetishes in corporate strategy. Companies will overbuild so much that in 2085, a single researcher at University of Miami (Atlantic Ocean) will blow the dust off an ancient tome. “Six Sigma”, he’ll mutter to himself. “Interestingggg”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmutRqkMx3g&t=272s

Haha no the purpose of every business is to juice the numbers enough to sell the whole shooting match to a bigger sucker. Producing occasionally useful products or services is merely an inconvenient side effect.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/wireStory/alabama-city-leader-quit-racial-slur-78967946

quote:

Asked whether he is a racist, Bryant demurred.

“It's according to what your definition of the word racist is. What a lot of the public's definition is, I might be a racist. But according to what the true definition of a racist is, absolutely not," he told the station.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Why would the NFL be worried about pissing off True Patriotic Americans I thought they all streamed themselves burning their season tickets 3 or 4 times over now :shrug:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ahaha the whole world got imageshack'd

Incredible how somethingawful's problems keep being the world's problems 10 years in advance

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Can I play the piano anymore?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Defenestrategy posted:

It's chili with the following differences

No Beans
Allspice and Cinnamon
on top of spaghetti noodles

Can't say I've ever experienced it on chili but allspice and cinnamon (In moderation! Salt & Pepper still lead the blend!) are the secret weapon for god-tier fried chicken

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Crab Dad posted:

Uh…. They do? It’s like the whole purpose of the armored truck industry.

Cash is a giant pain in the rear end to deal with at any kind of scale and banks and businesses both hate it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

My previous landlord returned my damage deposit

The ways of Canadian banking may be foreign to us but this, this is alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've never heard of this place but suddenly I don't feel so bad about the existence of South of the Border anymore