Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

GreenMetalSun posted:

I mean, I'm at 20 star enemies/800% class EXP and after 20ish clears of Marital 5 doesn't even budge. Is it bugged or is that normal?

Looks like it's normal, I tested it out just now:

Higan, 1140% class exp, no class exp evilities.

Start:

One clear of MartialGara-Final normal 20 star, mastered the 5 star

Second clear of MartialGara-Final normal 20 star

One clear of MG-Final Carnage 0 star:

One clear of MG-Final Carnage 1 star:

I can't quite do MG-F Carnage 2 star on any char that doesn't have all classes maxed at the moment, but I can confirm this guide works as stated and with evilities and ~1100% class xp you'll do the 64 classes in one go on C-MG-F 2* in one go and the rest in 2-4.

King of Solomon posted:

I'm trying to unlock the Maiko right now and since I haven't beaten the game and unlocked the land of carnage yet, this is a massive pain in the rear end, what the hell

I did what the guide I linked above suggested, went into low level items with mystery room route set and got it in about 15 minutes of speed running floors.

e: I highly suggest finishing out the story to unlock LoC before really trying to break the system open.

Aquila fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Yeah if you want to do class mastery, or more specifically the final star, you want to abuse the Juice Bar to get someone to 10 million stats and give them class proficiency evilities + damage/stat ones so they can 1 shot 2 star LoC Marital 5. You'll want to max out the damage of the sword or fist 3x3 skill and have Yeyasu and Suisen out too.

With like 800% class XP from the cheat shop and the proper stats you can fully master most classes in a single clear. I think only two classes take more than a single clear, but those fuckers are like 28 million XP for the last star.

Pirilika is probably the best person to use HP/SP Juice Bar on because she gets a bonus due to her unique evility. Yeyasu gives +20% stats to everyone on the map? Suisen is the always hit/crit unique evility for adjacent allies.

If you really need extra stats you could get every class to the last star required and then reincarnate and do Juice Bar. You just won't have the 10 million base stats, but you'll still gain a lot from nearly mastering every job.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Aquila posted:

I did what the guide I linked above suggested, went into low level items with mystery room route set and got it in about 15 minutes of speed running floors.

e: I highly suggest finishing out the story to unlock LoC before really trying to break the system open.

I was having the item world researchers do runs of candy I had on hand to hopefully reincarnate into one. Ultimately I wound up getting one from a lucky run through store-bought hard candy, so I'm good there. I'm definitely not planning on intentionally breaking the game open before finishing the main story.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

zzMisc posted:

gently caress Demon Shogi.

At least you can just look up the solutions, but yeesh.

Agreed. On paper it looked really neat, sort of like programming puzzles that also get you used to the DI system. In practice every solution boils down to moving units to specific squares and doing specific actions. So everything is the same as moving the units yourself. Only you have to do it through the clunky DI interface that will make you pull your hair out.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Alkanos posted:

Agreed. On paper it looked really neat, sort of like programming puzzles that also get you used to the DI system. In practice every solution boils down to moving units to specific squares and doing specific actions. So everything is the same as moving the units yourself. Only you have to do it through the clunky DI interface that will make you pull your hair out.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could just play the maps normally first, so you can figure out exactly *how* you're supposed to complete them. It really sucks to look over the map & characters, formulate a strategy, wrestle with the DI system until you get them to do the thing you're intending, then finally realize your strategy isn't going to work and go back to square one. Sincere kudos to anyone who has the patience for that, I did not.

One of the last achievements I have left is Geo Master for getting a 5+ geo symbol chain. Shouldn't be hard to do except after several hundred IW floors I have never seen one with more than 4 symbols, at all. I'm sure one of the main maps has a layout to do it but man I'm not looking forward to peeking back at each one looking for it. It really seems like the IW is limiting the number of geo symbols it spawns but I suppose I could just be really unlucky.

Edit: I used martial 4 with "back to square one" on (not sure if necessary) to get it. It required warp movement to get around though. I had duped items with the passive to warp around which worked, or there's also the teleport evility.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 13, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I miss the Item World levels where the whole thing was 6 colors of geo symbols and I'd sit there with some paper figuring out the order to max rewards.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Fond memories of meticulously setting up a giant Item World geo chain, only to realize that I either hosed up the colors outright or forgot to properly account for Color Null.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
With how rapidly item levels level up enemies, is it worth using the Item World as a way to gain XP before specific EXP panel maps? I just unlocked it so i'm very early on (beat 3-4?).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Morter posted:

With how rapidly item levels level up enemies, is it worth using the Item World as a way to gain XP before specific EXP panel maps? I just unlocked it so i'm very early on (beat 3-4?).

I've been doing that. You have to combo with some strong weapons from the healing gacha and it's nothing exponential but my main guy's up to 120 and with the XP squad he's been dragging some folks up with him (they don't have to be out to benefit) and getting (for early game) massive amounts of mana. Meanwhile the main story enemies are level 25.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Bruceski posted:

I've been doing that. You have to combo with some strong weapons from the healing gacha and it's nothing exponential but my main guy's up to 120 and with the XP squad he's been dragging some folks up with him (they don't have to be out to benefit) and getting (for early game) massive amounts of mana. Meanwhile the main story enemies are level 25.

Alright i'll keep it up cheers

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Looking at the skill list part of the Records, does every weapon really only get four skills? I guess that’s a big upgrade over “literally none” but still that’s like half as much as 5’s.

Also I’m liking the story a lot more than 5’s, especially now that I’m in Act 2 I’ve just started ignoring Item World dives to just blitz through the story. its actually kinda cool how my expectations of Fuji were subverted, he outright says “I will literally die from being/seeing too much kindness” but you just assume it’s the Laharl gag again, but no, he really will literally die from being too empathetic and he’s just kinda slowly dying.

Also gameplay-wise, man, they really had no chill wrt these upgraded secondary evilties, huh. Someone really just went “yeah, this character gives +20% to everyone’s stats for existing”

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Last Celebration posted:

Looking at the skill list part of the Records, does every weapon really only get four skills? I guess that’s a big upgrade over “literally none” but still that’s like half as much as 5’s.

Also I’m liking the story a lot more than 5’s, especially now that I’m in Act 2 I’ve just started ignoring Item World dives to just blitz through the story. its actually kinda cool how my expectations of Fuji were subverted, he outright says “I will literally die from being/seeing too much kindness” but you just assume it’s the Laharl gag again, but no, he really will literally die from being too empathetic and he’s just kinda slowly dying.

Also gameplay-wise, man, they really had no chill wrt these upgraded secondary evilties, huh. Someone really just went “yeah, this character gives +20% to everyone’s stats for existing”

Yes, unique character unique evilities are bonkers and basically required for any sort of reasonably easy/early postgame progression. Apparently DLC characters have even more broken evilities. This is to the point where after beating n. Baal and LoC15 I'm probably going to put the game down unless I buy the DLC.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I have all the DLC but I didn't even buy or equip any evilities until carnage 5

Just auto battling some lvl 99s (mostly on 11-1) was enough to get me to the end.

If you are farming xp you ought to spread the evility from the sea angel for +30% xp per member using it.
Or the dlc version from pleneir that is also some +mana

I'm starting to class farm for more evility options and gains and it didn't click that I can just change class and get them all on one character, I was fixing to run a new recruit of evey generic and monster up individually.

I have a cosmic fist that has fist technique 4 (big bang) on it which is good because I haven't unlocked land of carnage mode yet and my closest to a 3x3 is Fuji and his sword skill level is still only like level 38 or 42.

Need to get it to 50 in sword or fist for the 3x3 or use max range magic.

Primal liquid YouTube guides has some good tips and one of the 2 current steam guides is ok.

If you overlevel some maybe raise the cheat shop difficulty stars to at least give yourself a bit of challenge

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeyasu is IMPRESSIVELY pathetic

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I have a cosmic fist that has fist technique 4 (big bang) on it which is good because I haven't unlocked land of carnage mode yet and my closest to a 3x3 is Fuji and his sword skill level is still only like level 38 or 42.

Need to get it to 50 in sword or fist for the 3x3 or use max range magic.

Wait, did they change that one skill inheritance squad from before? If they didn’t you should just be able to put Higan in there with Fuji and he can permanently learn Not-Winged Slayer from her regardless of his weapon level.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Last Celebration posted:

Wait, did they change that one skill inheritance squad from before? If they didn’t you should just be able to put Higan in there with Fuji and he can permanently learn Not-Winged Slayer from her regardless of his weapon level.

You can definitely do that and I'm pretty sure that's the exact reason Higan is built like in the first place. Free Winged Slayer for everyone.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Oh neat!

There is all sorts of stuff in these games, I am very not optimal.

I can spend a few hours on an activity then find a better way that renders it obsolete.

Just trying to get stats up enough to get baal 1 down or I suppose there are other ways as well.

The third postlude hasn't unlocked yet.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Speaking of random neat stuff, any fun combos of reincarnated abilities people have built this time around? I'm still at the stage where I'm building out my masteries, so haven't quite gotten to the true endgame yet.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

BTW, that whole PVP thing is absurd given how stats scale in this game, but if you're trying to get over a ranking threshold for the timer tonight the trick I've found is to put your strongest guy in the back with the Jumbify order, tweaked so they don't intercept at all. Rest of your squad gets ganked, he gets huge and the enemy's all standing on Def-down panels so you can punch pretty well above your weight level.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is there a way for DI setup to have a specific character come out of the base?

Edit: figured it out, put them alone in a group and set that to the autobattle group. Now if I could just figure out a way around the autobattle throw bug that didn't involve stepping manually I could turn all of my fuel into hospital points.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 17, 2023

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Man, demon AI combined with the juice bar is kinda cracked since being level 9999 means ALL of your otherwise lost Exp converts to juice points. I think 48 hours in is the quickest I’ve hit 9999 by, like a lot. It was probably inefficient to burn 200 poltergas charges before doing LOC, but there’s an inventory limit on gas so eh. And according to the guide if you have a bunch of other guys with maxed EXP this whole process somehow gets even faster?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If anyone was curious about the absolutely massive ranking scores in that PvP thing, it happened to me. Normal-looking account with normal-looking scores/rank, when I beat it I suddenly gained over 100,000,000 RP. Unmodded (on Switch), whatever's going on there it's contagious.

I don't know if the people who have monsters on their team in a "humanoids only" match is related, I've been afraid to poke it after that happened.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

is demmodore opener supposed to be matthew perry, or someone else?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Lategame/postgame spoilers: i thought he was meant to be more analogous to that one historical guy who became so into Japanese culture that he became a famous ambassador, if anything. Also a giant weeb.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Lategame/postgame spoilers: i thought he was meant to be more analogous to that one historical guy who became so into Japanese culture that he became a famous ambassador, if anything. Also a giant weeb.

yeah with playing some more chapters that checks out more lol

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Probably a bit of both, I think. Given the "Demmodore" title is just "Demon" + "Commodore" I have to assume the reference to Commodore Matthew Perry is meant to be the more obvious reference on the surface level, especially since he's a fairly well known historical figure.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also Opener, as in Commodore Perry opened up Japan.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think there's a DI bug, because no matter what I do I cannot get Flonne to use Power of Love 2 after moving

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Man do I really gotta do class mastery one by one for everyone I wanna use in Carnage, it's dreadfully slow even when you're mastering one in 3/4 fights

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

By the time it's worth doing for multiple people you should mastering one every fight, except the two highest tier classes which take 2 battles.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Speaking of tedium, I really appreciate how the Juice Bar makes some things so much easier, but, umm, is the best way to build up weapon mastery really just to equip counter stuff/Handicap on a Forced Counter level and go to town?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Man do I really gotta do class mastery one by one for everyone I wanna use in Carnage, it's dreadfully slow even when you're mastering one in 3/4 fights

I just use 1 phys and 1 magic user for carnage and don't worry about support unit stats for this reason

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Kinda wish there were a stage specific AI option where you just manually input the actions you want and the game just memorizes it, im going insane trying to do the LOC Ordeals 4 stage and getting the AI to buff Fuji so he can clear them in one attack. I think I ducked up the AI settings too since the one I had before that has a maiko use Encouragement doesn’t do anything anymore either.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

One important thing to note about DI is that everyone's actions get executed horizontally so everyone does A1, then B1 etc. and DI priority in advanced settings alters the order of that..order. So "wait for other units to act" only lasts for that one column of actions even if that action for other units is just 'reset target'.

Granted there does seem to be some bugs to it like Power of Love 2 just never working.

Deki posted:

I just use 1 phys and 1 magic user for carnage and don't worry about support unit stats for this reason

Yeaaaah, I've got Higan and Pirilika at about 14m stats but finally hit a bit of a wall with Carnage 14's Zessho map. Probably just need more juice and putting some levels into the couple of arcadias I have

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Because I am cheap I bought Disgaea 5 Complete instead of Disgaea 7. Actually I bought it literally a year ago when it was on sale, but I installed it (again) and now I am actually going to play it.

Anything I need to know before I get rolling? I think the last Disgaea I actually played through and finished (the main story of) was 2. The original PS2 version.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I don't think there's too much to keep in mind, other than the Cheat Shop is your friend

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, my only advice is to abuse the cheat shop.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I enjoyed the character worlder, but I don't think it's an effective way to grind

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think the bottom character of a tower is the one that gets the majority of the experience. Abuse that system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Don’t forget to switch around classes on your unique characters, usually you want your generic units in their initial classes since they automatically get upgraded to the next tier when they master the current one (until you hit five-star mastery at least) but unique characters don’t really have that, so leveling classes lets you hit the requirements for more generics.

Also if you’re coming off Disgaea 2, you can capture humanoids now, which can be easier than recruiting one from scratch.

Last Celebration fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 31, 2023