Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Deki posted:

Looks like I'm starting the carnage unlock maps already.

Not that I am complaining but it feels easier and easier to get to carnage with each game

Yeah I recall D4 Carnage unlock was kinda miserable. D5/DD2 were easy... I think, all I remember about those is horrible story in 5 and what if the first Disgaea but Etna. For me the D7 story is about as fun and entertaining as D4.

In D7 I am currently stuck between having unlocked Carnage but being unable to do Carnage MartialGara Final at 2 stars (or Normal Baal) to really break the system open. RP Farming, Carnage Items, and 0 Star C MartialGara Final all progress various things relatively slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

GreenMetalSun posted:

I mean, I'm at 20 star enemies/800% class EXP and after 20ish clears of Marital 5 doesn't even budge. Is it bugged or is that normal?

Looks like it's normal, I tested it out just now:

Higan, 1140% class exp, no class exp evilities.

Start:

One clear of MartialGara-Final normal 20 star, mastered the 5 star

Second clear of MartialGara-Final normal 20 star

One clear of MG-Final Carnage 0 star:

One clear of MG-Final Carnage 1 star:

I can't quite do MG-F Carnage 2 star on any char that doesn't have all classes maxed at the moment, but I can confirm this guide works as stated and with evilities and ~1100% class xp you'll do the 64 classes in one go on C-MG-F 2* in one go and the rest in 2-4.

King of Solomon posted:

I'm trying to unlock the Maiko right now and since I haven't beaten the game and unlocked the land of carnage yet, this is a massive pain in the rear end, what the hell

I did what the guide I linked above suggested, went into low level items with mystery room route set and got it in about 15 minutes of speed running floors.

e: I highly suggest finishing out the story to unlock LoC before really trying to break the system open.

Aquila fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 12, 2023

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Last Celebration posted:

Looking at the skill list part of the Records, does every weapon really only get four skills? I guess that’s a big upgrade over “literally none” but still that’s like half as much as 5’s.

Also I’m liking the story a lot more than 5’s, especially now that I’m in Act 2 I’ve just started ignoring Item World dives to just blitz through the story. its actually kinda cool how my expectations of Fuji were subverted, he outright says “I will literally die from being/seeing too much kindness” but you just assume it’s the Laharl gag again, but no, he really will literally die from being too empathetic and he’s just kinda slowly dying.

Also gameplay-wise, man, they really had no chill wrt these upgraded secondary evilties, huh. Someone really just went “yeah, this character gives +20% to everyone’s stats for existing”

Yes, unique character unique evilities are bonkers and basically required for any sort of reasonably easy/early postgame progression. Apparently DLC characters have even more broken evilities. This is to the point where after beating n. Baal and LoC15 I'm probably going to put the game down unless I buy the DLC.