Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

IOwnCalculus posted:

That car is just nice enough that I would do only what's needed to make it run / drive / stop safely and not a bit more. That's the perfect balance of "clean enough to be proud of" mixed with "not so spotless that you'll notice the faintest hint of a new scratch from driving into a speck of pollen at speed".

I agree with this 100%. Give it a good detail, run through the safety aspects like brakes, steering, lights, and keep it as clean and protected as you can. Patching up the rust from those last two pics would be about as far as I would go for as long as you can.

Original and well cared for is more interesting to me. Might even earn a few plaques at car shows if that's what you're into. Oh and you get to enjoy driving it rather than having it in pieces in your garage for years. (oh dang I just hurt myself a little on that one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU