Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Kelleher would have kicked his knee to pieces. I'm just waiting to watch that happen to o malley.

Edit: good irish american match up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Now this is the stuff.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Bluedeanie posted:

You might find it is actually very easy to open up your purse strings, when that purse contains a fake largely unusable currency that you invented and can generate at will

^^^

This news coming off the back of molenkamp thing is interesting though.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

dont believe his lies

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Nick said he'd never fight robbie again

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Foul Fowl posted:

even if this was true, hasn't nick been like partying his rear end off and getting drunks for years? this is gonna be like chuck/tito 3 if it happens.

yeah but nick has habitually stayed in shape too I don't think he would look cooked coming out and like, its nick. hes always ready to go.

o malley moves laterally to his right and his knee disintegrates into keef and falls and keeps falling until theres only a pile of versicolour keef in the centre of the octagon. O'Malley wins the fight by decision despite being a pile of weed blowing around the octagon.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

awesomeolion posted:

the random guy the ufc found for sean o'malley to beat up has been working 80 hours a week in a paint factory until this June lmao. Hope paint factory wins in convincing fashion.

Let's go Paint Can!

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Tai Tuivasas win and following antics were my highlight of the night. gently caress hardy.

Good on Paint Can for surviving the punching bag experience. I'll watch his next fight.

McGregor - Poirier was interesting, conor looked more like old conor, but without the calm collected approach. I think he may be cooked. Dustin did all the things he would want to do mostly. Herb playing company man to that degree is just ridiculous as was buffers emerald green jacket. McGregor trying really hard and snapping his own shin is just the perfect result.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Conors just not the athelete he once was. You don't get to party like that and keeping being the worlds number 1 punchman. Look at him he looks 10 or 15 years older than he is. Dudes got coke holes in his brain.

Edit: also his accent has gotten cartoonish

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 12, 2021

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

he is a double rapist after all.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Mekchu posted:

isn't that just how irish media law works due to privacy stuff and not conor putting a gag order out on them?

Yeah its "in camera" to use the legal term. Laws are designed to protect the rich, and its not surprising for a shame based society like Irelands to have that extend to rape and sexual assault cases. Which is why the person walking down the street here knows nothing about his crimes and its only people who were paying attention who knew. More people found out about it from the NYT for christsakes, it was swept under the rug completely here. There was talk about an associated civil case here but a civil case won't yield anything without a criminal conviction afaik.

What an unbearable bastard, I'm so glad he broke his own shin.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

awesomeolion posted:

"if i grew up in dagestan i would stand up to all the local war lords while also respecting women" - you guys

Or he could be cool like Zabit?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Brut posted:

What makes you think he's any less or more cool than Khabib? I mean sure he's probably more fun to watch fight, and he's got silly hair and he looks like Lincoln, but I suspect a lot of his good impression is just that he keeps his mouth shut. It's possible that sending him to a kung fu boarding school or whatever did somewhat protect him from getting too deep in their traditions but somehow I doubt it.

Watched some interviews with his mentor, and his school was one of the few alternatives to a school backed by wahhabi islam (saudi money ofc), so yes, by default, he is cooler. I would not expect him to have a pleasant opinion about gay people for example though.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Makhachev is good but I don't think he's khabib 2.0 I think he might be like 75% of a khabib. Real difference in physical strength imo. Someone like gaethje or chandler might straighten him out on the feet. Would certainly watch him and rda but I think RDA gets wrassled.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

mewse posted:

Yeah he seemed like a slow starter, like he can technically do the things khabib could do but wasn't an utterly dominating performance like khabib

Yeah hes certainly sub-khabib, possibly more sure of himself standing up than khabib though, his striking was effective if unassuming. Certainly doesn't have to cut as much weight either which is another different advantage.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Shout out to Boston Salmon (sounds like a racehorse imo) for getting a shout out two breakdowns in a row.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

He's going to rematch Silva in like 3 years time

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Hector Lombard is calling out woodley?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I think that might be because hes kind of a gatekeeper, he was getting owned before yan forgot the rules. I do want to see a title defence though, he could pull it off with champion powers.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I wouldn't be confident in either of those guys being capable of taking a physiotherapists recommendations seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Good fight.

Rip artem