Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
This might be Conor's retirement fight if he loses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

beep by grandpa posted:

Yea I totally agree, tho his stupid fans probably won't care and will still think he's the GOAT, but in the grand scheme of things if he loses to a non-champion twice in a row, there's really not much of a path for him to stay in this anymore as a title contender anymore at his age. He wouldn't deserve a third shot against Dustin and he'll be 1-3 in the division, his only win being 5 years ago. He's an incredibly good fighter but like someone said, he'd just become a top 10 gatekeeper if he keeps getting hosed up by this ridiculously stacked division so he's more than likely to just ronda rousey off into the sunset.

Dustin's so drat likable though I can't think of anyone better to put a cap on his career. But this is MMA and villains always win so he'll probably KO Dustin in the opening flurry like he did Aldo and then we have to hear about him for another 5 years
I completely agree. I think Dustin is a pretty good champ and hasn't had any drama outside of the UFC like a lot of other belt holders. I do wonder sometimes if Conor had been able to stay at 145 (yeah I know the cut was taking years off his life but just say he was able to somehow) would he be still be in top of the division. I know he got his 50mil from boxing, but I would have liked to see his evolution in MMA only. Watching chimaev and O'Malley and even Usman and other 'next gen' fighters all start green and just grow into themselves has been a real pleasure as a fighting fan. Colby would be the antithesis of that pleasure for a counter example.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Bluedeanie posted:

Why do so many people believe that if McGregor gets knocked out one more time, he will retire and stay retired from fighting? What single fact about the history of combat sports in general or Conor McGregor specifically has led people to believe this

Money

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Brut posted:

Usman's 2 years older than Conor lol, edit: eh...well, 1 year and 2 months, just the birthdays line such that one's 34 and the other 32 right now.

Okay well maybe next gen isn't the best way to describe kamaru but he has become so much more well rounded since his initial few fights and I genuinely look forward to his fights now

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Here's an hour of stuff on Diego and Fabia if you want some background noise

https://youtu.be/TnaXZQxlmcw

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Orange Carlisle posted:

Isn't "In the works" usually code for Dana sent a lowball offer to both fighters and they haven't accepted it yet so he's trying to get fans to pressure them on social media

This guy gets it!

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
McGregor stepped back and broke his own ankle. How is that a win for Poirier?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

quote:

"Dustin, you can celebrate that illegitimate win all you want but you done nothing in there," McGregor said.

"That second round would have shown all. Onwards and upwards we go team. We dust ourselves off, we build ourselves back and we come back better than ever."

The surgery

McGregor also informed his fans that the surgery was successful and revealed that he is expected to have six weeks on crutches before returning to training.

"Everything went to plan," noted McGregor. "Everything went perfect. I'm feeling tremendous.

"We got six weeks on [crutches] now and then we begin to build back.

"It was a hell of a first round, it would've been nice to get into that second round to see what's what, but it is what it is. That's the nature of the business, a clean break of the tibia and it was not to be."

Dudes fried.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

quote:

“I was looking at ‘85ers, top-10 ranked guys, I wanted solid guys,” Rockhold explained. “Uriah Hall went the other way and chose a different guy. I know my management talked with Kevin Holland and he actually reached out to me. He’s the only guy that reached out to me personally and was like, ‘Who said I was ducking?’ And I was like, ‘I don’t know, the managers talked and it didn’t sound like it was the direction they wanted to go.’ He was like, ‘No, no, no, let me handle my business and I’ll step up and do my thing.’ That guy, respect to him, he’s the man. He’s the only guy, I’m assuming, that wanted something that’s interesting, so we’ll see if that comes later.

“I know Jack Hermansson didn’t want it. I know a lot of guys in the division, the top-ranked [guys] didn’t want it.”

Please let Kevin knock Rockhold out in hilarious fashion.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

nordichammer posted:

I get what you are saying but he is also a grown man who has made millions of dollars. He doesn't get to ride the hometown excuse when he endorses murdering Macron or whatever

This.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Conor's doctor looking at the xray:  wanna tell me, what you see, lets go ahead and see it by the fight, what you saw, in the ring.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Wait. What?! People actually want to see Uriah sociopath his way through an interview where Joe tells him for the thirteenth time that he's finally starting to live up to all that potential?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
mod edit: Absolutely not.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jul 20, 2021

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Has Weidman hinted at if he's retiring?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Lombard calling out Twood

quote:

After so many years, finally I got to see this clown twooodley face to face.

He was calling me across the ring waving 👋 etc. I asked him to come over, so he did. Once he did I wanted to slap him in the face, but I contained myself because I have respect for @davidfeldmanbkfc

But let me tell you guys how the beef started…

A while ago I had a girlfriend and things were going really bad between us. And I had a relationship with with another girl at the gym and yes I was wrong for doing that but I’m not perfect in any shape of form. I’m not going to mention who but

this clown sent me a text.

Saying that while she was training she messed up her knee.

And that he was really good at wrapping, that he had experience in those types of injuries etc.

I gave him her number and I told her Tyrone says that he wants to help you, he is going to wrap your knee etc. Are you okay with that? and she says yes, No problem as long I can get better.

After that he was trying in her for a week and a half by bashing me telling her how come Hector is in Louisiana with his girlfriend and you’re here, that’s so wrong that no one likes Hector at the gym, so on and so on!

Putting me down so he could get his d..k wet. Meanwhile he was married with 4 kids etc. pure bullshit @liboriobjj begged me to leave it alone because he would lose his family if his wife found out what happened. He lost it anyways for doing the same

I have everything on text.

This clown 🤡 acts like he is a street guy etc.
No you’re not! lucky you and lucky me I found out you was gone! Remember when I called you and you were at the airport??
Funny how he was apologizing to me, sending me bible stories… you fake!
Everything is starting to unfold…
The truth is finally starting to come out

Some background music while you read:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6R7R2KjJaI

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

My personal take is that Aljo didn't win, but Yan chose to lose. I don't care what Yan's corner may or may not have said, if he didn't internalize the rule that an opponent with a knee down is considered a grounded opponent (this isn't something that changes in the altered rule sets, so one can't use that excuse), that's on him. This isn't some obscure rule from an edge case in the Semaphore days, this is a fundamental part of the UFC's unified rules.

I also don't think the belt should change hands on a DQ. It should go into escrow until they create a new matchup, ideally involving the person who "won" due to DQ (if they weren't too wrecked to continue competing) and someone else. If the DQ committer wants another shot, they gotta get back in line.

Agree with the first bit, strongly disagree with the second bit. If you lose via DQ, then you should have all the same trappings of losing via decision or any other normal way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

quote:

This past weekend at BKFC 19, Liddell was part of a special commentary team doing an alternate broadcast for the event on FITE TV headlined by ex-UFC star Paige VanZant and Rachael Ostovich.

During the event, Liddell’s podcast partners from the Drinkin’ Bros network asked him what kind of offer it would take for him to crossover into bare-knuckle fighting.

While he scoffed at $100,000 as a possible dollar amount, Liddell didn’t completely shut down the idea as long as the money and the opportunity were right for him.

“It would all have to depend,” Liddell said during the broadcast. “We’d have to talk about it. Yeah, if they pay enough money, sure. It all depends on what they come up with. We can talk about it. If they’re interested come and talk to me.”

Liddell added that he has chatted with BKFC President Dave Feldman in the past but didn’t say if they’d ever discussed a possible return to the ring.

Liddell, 51, hasn’t competed since 2018 when he suffered a first-round knockout loss to longtime rival Tito Ortiz in a fight for the now defunct Golden Boy MMA.

I like chuck a lot as a personality and a former face of the UFC and hopefully he never fights at BKFC. The most recent Chuck Tito fight was probably the lowest point for me as an MMA fan.