Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Conor broken and flinging profane insults from the floor reminded me of a Scooby-Doo villian at the end of an episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Did Nick forget that Robbie Lawler punches aren't good for you?

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Nis posted:

does any fighter have punches weak enough that they heal you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am78dKHX2Mw&t=444s

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Being born in Dagestan under the same circumstances as anyone there I wonder if any of us would have different views than his? Where you are from is gonna shape your world view.

He's not out punching old men in bars and throwing dollies at buses, or threatening to kill anyone. The worst I've seen is he paid that homeless guy to do pushups years ago then apologized for it. Otherwise publicly anyway it's mostly been class.

Destro fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 15, 2021

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junie_Browning

this guy was the ultimate ultimate fighter heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It was stupid of Yan and he should have known the rules to not throw it.
But I'm also not going to say that a Russian person who isn't a native English speaker (I don't know how much verbal English Yan understands) in the heat of the moment and 19 minutes deep into a championship fight is going to have as good of a grasp on the rules as a native speaker would in that situation, so his failure to initially understand why it was a foul and anything they went over back stage might not have had sunk in as well.

Sterling sucks and the fact he acts like a champ is embarrasing for him.

He knew the rules been in ufc since 2018, just hosed up is all i agree with the thought that he may have expected aljo to stand up right then, just didn't wait until he could be sure or his corner hosed up and said it was good to throw