Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i :h: dustin, I was saying since last year that I don't think 2021 Dustin loses to 2021 Conor (this isn't like a callout or anything, no one disagreed w me) and i cant wait to see him do it all over again :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nierbo posted:

This might be Conor's retirement fight if he loses

Yea I totally agree, tho his stupid fans probably won't care and will still think he's the GOAT, but in the grand scheme of things if he loses to a non-champion twice in a row, there's really not much of a path for him to stay in this anymore as a title contender anymore at his age. He wouldn't deserve a third shot against Dustin and he'll be 1-3 in the division, his only win being 5 years ago. He's an incredibly good fighter but like someone said, he'd just become a top 10 gatekeeper if he keeps getting hosed up by this ridiculously stacked division so he's more than likely to just ronda rousey off into the sunset.

Dustin's so drat likable though I can't think of anyone better to put a cap on his career. But this is MMA and villains always win so he'll probably KO Dustin in the opening flurry like he did Aldo and then we have to hear about him for another 5 years

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I also think it is unwise for Conor fighting again just 6 months after such a bad KO. If Dustin lands with basically any power shot he's gonna be on the canvas. He should have taken a year off after that

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The real historical precedent for Dustin Conor 3 is whoever shaves their head for the fight is getting KTFO

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nothing else really going on in the MMA world today so I thought i'd post a timestamp of a video I watched today

It has absolutely nothing do with MMA whatsoever but it completely jostled me out of my zoned out trance I was in, you'll see why, anyway happy 4th y'all :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X4qySqsYP8&t=767s

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God drat what a difference paying attention to your diet & activity can do. You love you see it, folks :unsmith:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Untrustable posted:

Jackson was hopped up on the devil's lettuce. Poor CM Punk, warrior of god, would never touch the tosca, even to level the playing field. The infernal powers bestowed upon Jackson by blazing the cotorrito surely made him an invincible opponent.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

https://twitter.com/chaddundas/status/1412874954979233792?s=19

Remember, when you think about the UFC Light Heavyweight division, think "trash truck"

this is the dumbest loving sport on earth

can't wait for saturday :pcgaming:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/BlessedMMA/status/1413242880928501770?s=20

Ngl when Max says it it doesn't sound so bad lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

via Stephen A Smith

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dustin winning would make me so happy. Possibly too happy. This sport is stupid as hell and conor is so cartoonishly out of his mind I am certain the only way the universe can continue on is 100% he's going to win Saturday via devastating wheelkick knockout and then it'll come out that he only trained for 8 days this entire year

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lmfaooooo I have literally been posting that same exact burn at conor fans on twitter and youtube for years cause and I have never seen anyone make the same burn so I am taking full credit for someone seeing my tweets hahahahahaahahah

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Conor's angry, completely incomprehensible irish noises in response to that 'question' is way funnier than the actual burn to me

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think this is the most emotionally compromised I've felt going into fight night in a long, long time for me - the main event is almost as blatantly good vs evil as it gets imo (which almost certainly means conor will win lol)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

imo we should get the GDT started earlier tonight

prob gonna be a lot of unusually extremely bad lovely posts as tradition whenever conor is fighting so let's just get it out of our system now

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Please can "Good always defeats evil" be the new thread title

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/1414081417785479168?s=20

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/DanielDillon21/status/1414052879774650374?s=20

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TWO TEN-EIGHTS :lol:

I might just piss myself laughing. Holy poo poo, complete humiliation

https://twitter.com/UFCNews/status/1414082195635937281?s=20

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

It wasn’t a 10-8, but the judges only scored it that way because it looked as though he had been KO’d at the end of the round.
?????

"It wasn't a 10-8, they only scored it that way because it looked like a 10-8"

https://twitter.com/RiehmannC/status/1414095835923685381?s=20

I'm done with herb after this poo poo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yeah that def wasn't a 10-8 round but that is definitely not going to stop me from telling Conor stans that it officially literally was scored a majority 10-8 round :laugh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rewatching the fight, if I understand correctly-

At the end of Round 1, Conor cheated by pulling on Dustin's gloves (while herb let him do it), caused Dustin to step back to say something to Herb about it, who let Conor cheat more by standing them back up (????), which directly led to Conor exploding his loving ankle immediately after. Thus if Herb and Conor weren't cheating, there would have been a round 2.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nierbo posted:

McGregor stepped back and broke his own ankle. How is that a win for Poirier?

Because he was injured and unable to continue to fight due to circumstances that occurred during the fight, so he automatically loses. If any fighter who was losing could just fall over and feign injury to nullify the contest to cheat his opponent of a victory, how do you think that would pan out for the sport?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I was watching the post-fight presser and someone got Dana talking about Irene Aldana having a great performance, so much so that Dana ended up convincing himself to get Aldana a fight bonus. And then someone pointed out that she missed weight, which Dana said was completely unaware of. I hope he doesn't give her the bonus due to the missed weight cause I'm with the fighters that the penalty for missing weight should be more severe, especially considering how overwhelmingly the people that miss weight end up winning their fights.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't know why Conor wants a rematch, he's gonna be too scared to throw volume leg kicks that hard so what is he going to do to adapt?

Also, it took me a few days but I finally put together exactly what Conor's post fight interview reminded me of:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

He will try an Imanari roll, his foot will plant weird on the canvas, and his entire hip will displace out of socket

And it'll happen directly on top of a Proper 12 logo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lolol I was going back and rewatching the press stuff cause I was curious if Conor ate even more Karma by trying to kick Dustin with the leg that he broke during their last presser and LMAO I caught this - I'll let Conor's word choice at the end here speak for itself :laugh:

https://i.imgur.com/ibfD2oj.mp4

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

good

spicy hot take i might feel embarrassed about later: not ever in my life have I felt so righteous about seeing someone receive a gruesome possibly career-ending injury, but I think he is very extremely bad for the sport and needs to go. and all of his disgusting fans who fan on and cheer, like, retweet the death threats and saying dustin's wife wants to suck his cock and other disgusting poo poo can go with him. i've seen a lot of "but conor did so much for this sport" on social media, but if this is what he's "bringing" to the sport, then I don't want it, nor do I want to be associated with the people that this stuff attracts. we already saw on january 6th how many mentally ill people can be so enamored with a super-celebrity that they'll take things to the next level in their name regarding violent threats, so conor threatening to end Dustin "in his sleep" and posting pics of his daughter and poo poo are utterly indefensible and revolting to the core. one could chalk some of this up to being in the moment in the cage, but he hasn't let off one bit on social media nor apologized for anything. the sooner he retires, the better in this poster's humble opinion.

the only benefit of the doubt I could possibly give conor is if something snapped in him back in January that made him convince himself he needed to :thaoldme: himself to recapture his glory days, but perhaps started buying way too much into it to the point where he's in too deep now to pull back on it and drove himself crazy like Ronda Rousey. I'm no expert, but someone who has been a millionaire playboy celebrity for years now, running around assaulting people, throwing handtrucks at buses while the UFC looks the other way and getting everything and anything he wants handed to him, after being humiliated so badly twice in a row by someone he views as a low-class hillbilly, prob isn't the type of person to be very receptive to a lesson in humility & evolution at this point in life. like I said the other day, a big adjustment on his part was to kick volume leg kicks tells me that's not happening anymore unless he wants more surgery bills, so wtf could he possibly change up to keep up with the division? retire, mate.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yes conor deserved everything that happened to him on Saturday and I hope his career burns in Hell!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

happy birthday conor

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i cant believe conor would lie!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/stankymma/status/1416797980263342083?s=20
:laugh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lol someone could create a website like that defunct goon-run site that was like WhatHasObamaDoneSoFar.com but every time you refresh instead of Obama facts it's another Conor excuse

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

"I drank a bottle of Proper 12 in my hotel the night before"

"I was kicked in me legs by a leprechaun in training camp"

"I tripped over a handtruck on me way off the bus"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ugh I hate to say it but i'm rooting for TJ. His fights with cody garbrandt were so much drat fun (even if the cejudo fight was a complete stupid dud)...and I know he's a filthy cheater. Is this what being a jon jones fan feels like.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

that tiktok is amazing. it made me have this thought which made me laugh cause it's 100% plausible:

conor and dustin fight 3 more times, where conor loses by knockout, submission, and then another knockout, all in the 1st round. conor fights dustin again for their 7th bout after a 2 year layoff, and after 3 rounds of laying on his back eating elbows to the face and while Herb Dean spaces out thinking about if he got his clothes out the dryer, conor throws an illegal upkick while holding onto dustin's gloves and gets the KO win.

within minutes the MMA community is buzzing that Conor is back!!

He gets a title shot

"We came to take over!!"

"Humble in defeat", the 2-6 fighter boasts, "dustin's a great fighter but i was the greater man and i'm happy to put this one to rest forever"

he's on the cover of UFC 5 for xbox/ps5

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If anyone besides me cares, Michael Bisping started* a youtube channel this week. I love this dude so I instantly subbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YK8E2_X5LY

*he said he started the channel almost a decade ago abut only started using it this month

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think I know why I don't like Ciryl Gane

Everything about him reminds me of a silent protagonist create-a-character from a mid 2000s era crime game but all the sliders are set to default

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I feel bad for Aljamain cause he's a good fighter and I like him but all these commercials the UFC is pushing of him getting the belt and being a star are super cringey cause iirc he was completely getting his rear end kicked the entire time and had nothing for Yan up until the illegal knee and don't see their rematch going differently. Nothing against him cause UFC is gonna UFC but drat. I will def be rooting for him tho cause it would completely erase everything I just said :frogbon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

I mean let's not forget TJ gleefully trying to kill a whole division and putting some guys out of a job.
I mean killing flyweight was not TJ's decision to make, that was obviously Dana's- TJ was given the opportunity to be another multi division champ and he went for it just like anyone would and talked poo poo. The other stuff he did is mostly indefensible but it is a stretch to put the flyweight/cejudo stuff on him personally