Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I was reading about the car park grants and then going back to read about the sports grants that I mostly missed the first time around. Surely someone in the prime minister’s office has started a spreadsheet for hospitals and vaccine distribution centres in electorates they want to target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

duck monster posted:

Are people in here still unironically posting "But what about BLM" type poo poo?

Because thats some serious brokebrain bullshit.

Oh congrats Victoria, covid just spiked 200 from yesterday. That would be at the limit minum for cases from these protests to show up, most of the rest will jump up over the next week. Expect tuesdays anti-union/pro-sickness rally to jump Victorias numbers up to 1K, if victoria is *lucky*. It could go much worse.

Its OK to punch antivax activists.

Case numbers going to the moon now

A man who attended yesterday’s protest has tested positive for COVID-19.

The man is in hospital but not in ICU, health sources have told the ABC.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

hambeet posted:

i think it's more that anti-vaxxers and nazi's are co-opting tradies cause to amplify their own rather than tradies 'paling up'. they've been doing this for ages now.

Pretty much what they did with the truckies the other week, ‘the great truck strike going to shut down the nation until freedumb’ based on some legitimate or illegitimate gripes of truck drivers, but then only a handful of people, one or two trucks plus Pauline showed up and it fizzled out that quickly after weeks of threats.

This one coinciding with construction being shut down seems to have lit a fuse.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
This is loving hilarious and not just because of the “Romani Ite Domum” sign.

https://twitter.com/jason_om/status/1444932812734226433

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

Wilson was on the project saying something about a carbon capture project turning out bricks. I thought "atmospheric carbon to building material? Sounds like trees".
Like trees, but so much worse.

I doubt CCS is going to work in our lifetime, let alone the time needed to “save the world” but that reminded me of something I looked at recently: Making carbon nanotubes and carbon products while producing hydrogen.

A work-friendish guy tried to sell me on investing in the company doing this or going to do this - I don’t really know because I couldn’t cut through the marketing spin at a glance. This guy presumably didn’t realise I don’t have the kind of money or knowledge to be investing in things… It’s weird making new friends as an adult, especially at work where it feels like we are on very uneven footing because of our roles.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
The one thing I’ve noticed in supermarkets is olive oil, it’s still on the shelf in regular bottles and regular prices but the bulk tins they usually have are very scarce - I make soap sometimes so those are the best value. Most of the ones I’ve bought previously are from Spain so I suspected that was supply chain, however I haven’t noticed anything else being out of stock regularly, just empty shelves below the oils where those tins normally sit.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I can’t tell if you guys are missing the point or if I’m missing the joke but going to chirp anyway: PVO saying he has “a gofundme with $125k in it” is PVO talking about the gofundme of Gemma Carey, the woman hit with the defamation claims. He is saying it will be his money for his boat.

I personally hope he inserts his boat into his rectum.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I don’t have a problem with the gallows at protests however this one from overnight is looking a bit more serious. The others seemed to be toys and props, and I understand that, but this is someone spending time, effort and materials knocking up the real deal, loading it into the trailer and driving it up to parliament on a Monday night for a small group of their comrades.

I feel like the violence is in the wind with this mob, blowing in. They are just going to keep one upping themselves until it goes too far. I don’t think anyone will be hanged but I am expecting something bad is going to happen.
https://twitter.com/sarkysage/status/1460274856491028483

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
That is some ugly swag.

I might be overreacting, this morning it was just a bit too much and kind of got the better of me but no matter what happens, I don’t think these shits will stop until they’re forced to. If Dan retired tomorrow, if the bill they’re (supposedly) protesting is stopped, etc.

They’re getting all the attention they want and don’t seem to have any other pressing engagements. Maybe a tent city on the steps or in one of the gardens where they can “protect democracy” every day, build a permanent gallows or just throw ropes over branches and have mock lynchings and bonfires every night.

It really is just depressingly like American politics, as you’re all pointing out. I probably just need to take another break from looking at news and Twitter for a bit, work on my own poo poo instead.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

slorb posted:

I think Morrison's only plausible shot at re-election is capturing anti-lockdown voters through making GBS threads on state restrictions and anti-vaxxer voters through dogwhistling and UAP preferences.

If QLD/WA manage to stay mostly restriction free till the election I think he's cooked because he won't have anyone to fight against.

It will probably work and he’ll have another term but right now, at least some of them see Morrison’s game
https://twitter.com/elisethoma5/status/1461503292761001985

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

JBP posted:

Where is the investigative journalism interviewing all these crippled for life people?

Obviously it’s suppressed by the mainstream media as they’re working with the NWO and you have to get the truth from Katter/real news or ‘do your own research’.
—-
What’s the current thoughts on when the next election will be? I’m expecting (guessing) he’ll try to leave it as late as possible, so late April or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

duck monster posted:

Also for some reason a lot of the document refers to west australian laws. God knows why.

WA has always been big with that stuff, I guess the sun really cooks them over there. I read this article a little while back, which gives a bit of background on some of the bigger names from WA sovcit land aka “New Westralia”.