Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Begin Phase 2 is what the supervillain orders.

So, sounds like the delta variant is less deadly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

freebooter posted:

Anecdotally I know a lot of boomers are worried about the blood clots.

Anecdotally you're a loving idiot and not no one should be taking your advice. If anyone's already got one jab of AZ and are scheduled for the 2nd, they should get it rather than waiting for some unspecified time for something else to be available, maybe, in the future, at some point. Because COVID is running around out of the LNP's control in NSW still, despite their attempted lockdown.

You should be more worried about getting a potentially life lone chronic disease from COVID than a blood clot.

Next thing you'll be worrying about taking the Polio vaccine.

quote:

The CDC has estimated that the overall dose-related incidence of paralytic disease is 1 case per 520,000 first doses administered versus 1 case per 12.3 million subsequent doses administered (Nkowane et al., 1987).

No one worries about THAT as much as freebooter is worrying about AZ!

Comstar fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jul 3, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
To make up for calling that poo poo out

Honest Government Ad | We Make Everything Good Sh!t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uXo7wtGW7M

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

JBP posted:

Nah not really barely anyone in this country has had covid. Keep lashing out though lol.

There has been exactly TWO people who may have died from AZ. The belief in being an anti-vaxer is like being a climate denier.

quote:

31 have been discharged from hospital and are recovering, with some receiving ongoing outpatient medical care
15 patients remain in hospital, including one who remains critically ill in intensive care
two people have died in hospital

Compared to Covid Cases 30,734 +15 Recovered and 910 Deaths.

So you go on being a covid denier then. I can't stop you.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
This burn at the last paragraph was so good it burnt half a US state to the ground today.

https://twitter.com/MrKRudd/status/1414459193692590081

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
VIC is going to be back in lockdown by Monday.

I hope those who chose not to bother getting their JAB are reconsidering it.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
WTF why ok I get why but WTF are they announcement this in a tweet 2 HOURS before starting it.

quote:

New mask rules for Victorians as outbreak grows

The Victorian government has tightened COVID-19 restrictions around face masks as the number of cases and exposure sites rise.

In a late night tweet, the government said from 11.59pm on Wednesday face mask rules would change for anyone aged 12 and above.

Face masks will be mandatory indoors, including all workplaces and secondary schools, (not at home) unless an exemption applies.

Masks must also be worn outdoors if you cannot maintain 1.5 metre distance from people who are not from your household (such as undertaking outdoor exercise).

The government said exceptions would apply and these can be found here after 11.59pm on Wednesday.

No I can't post the original tweet because no one else is either. It's not on the ABC news website yet.

So back to Masks everyone. Probably a lock down Friday which gets announced an hour beforehand.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 14, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I was going to see my sonn runn around choosing a birthday present in a toy store for the first time this weekend. Get my wife a nice present. Get my lawn mower fixed. See my family inn on place for the first time inn a few months.

Get my keyboard replaced because some of the keys are not workinng correctly. First world problems I knnow.

See that all next week or next month after the 5 day lockdow announnced that's going to be today.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 14, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Tommunist posted:

I was hoping to see you stop posting

I have had both my jabs, so that's less likely than you would hope.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Huh. No lockdown today. Did they say why?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

alf_pogs posted:

in line with this: letting word break that there's going to be a snap lockdown mere minutes after the press conference has finished

Looks like policy on the run. Which is normally a federal government responsibility.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Fast Eddie, his son and Ian Macdonald have found guilty.

I look forward to them getting a large fine for the $30000000 they got.

Who am I kidding the penalty will be pathetic.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Who could possibly have foreseen this

quote:

All adults in Greater Sydney should “strongly consider” getting vaccinated with any available vaccine, including AstraZeneca, Australia's expert vaccines body says.

The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) said the new advice was being issued because of the increasing risk of COVID-19 in the city, and emerging data on the severity of the Delta strain.

The group urged all adults in Greater Sydney to consider the benefits of being vaccinated sooner, rather than waiting for alternative vaccines to be made available.

It said the benefits of any available vaccine outweighed any risk of rare side effects associated with AstraZeneca.

Well I hope those people who decided not to partake are still not infected in 8-12 weeks for their 2nd shot. I do have sympathy for those who were blocked from getting their jab despite wanting to get it.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

hooman posted:

Good thing we never built those quarantine facilitblerggghhh *blood shoots out of lungs*

The Juice Media: Honest Government Ad | Hotel Quarantine & Vaccines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_0zFEtPbiA

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Laserface posted:

Yeah its not really unreasonable to not want AZ when you have a low risk profile.

It is completely unreasonable to not want AZ. It takes 1-3 MONTHS for the 2nd jab and another 1-2 weeks later to get to full impact. The delta variant can and will put anyone in a bad way and it's NOT predicable who will it impact or by how much.

And of course, you can be completely asymptomatic and breathing it over everyone you know and don't know and cause 100's to 1000's of people (if not traced like in Australia) to get it. If you have both jabs the chance of YOU spreading it to every goes down and the chance you might get a bad reaction to it that ends up in medical care is much smaller.

Outbreaks will continue in all states (due to lack of dedicated quarentine sites that won't be ready for at least 6 months) and NSW is not going to get on top of it at the current restrictions and leadership. We're going to get maybe 60% of the population covered by the end of the year and then the LNP will open the borders.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 4, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Solemn Sloth posted:

Almost every single post you’ve made in this version of the thread is some variation of your anti-ATAGI Scomo stanning rant

ATAGI was wrong for NSW, though early on the lack of AZ would have been a problem anyway, a reason I suspect was one of the causes for them to restrict it.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
This week I read on the ABC that the Government was going to let 2000(?) people from Afghanistan come in. Yesterday the ABC was reporting that the flights were going to happen "as early as next week".

Good thing for the Government that hey don't have a week huh. No awkward questions about it now, it's all too late. We're at stage 4 of the foreign crises - you can play that exact scene from "A Victory for Democracy" ("Yes, Prime Minister" BBC 1986).

Comstar fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 15, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
NSW is going to be over 1000 a day by Monday. Contact tracing is 2 weeks behind and will collapse completely by the end of next week.

Victoria will add more measures, NSW won't. I dread hearing the news that it hits my son's child care centre, and my relatives and friends kids too.

gently caress the LNP, and gently caress the 49% of Australia who will still vote for them.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
ATAGI is saying it will take months before they say that 12-15 year olds can get a vaccine. Thanks to the LNP, we don't have months.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Work mate who sits next to me (social distanced) found out they were at tier 2 site 4 days ago and went to get tested. I’m the only one in our office who is fully jabbed.

The LNP just surrendered to a virus.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I think the current thing he's running with is the claim that the Victorian Government is secretly prepping to lock down the state until New Years.

They have to- NSW is not going out of this via lockdown, NSW is now just trying to flatten the curve enough not to overload the ICU staff who are 1 doubling away from that level...in about 10 days. They need to flatten enough to not double in...12 weeks.

NSW will need staff from other states in about 2 weeks, less if ICU staff get it and then have to self isolate. And the other states are going to say no. The ADF will help a bit, but they won't have many ICU staff either.

ICU Beds run out after another doubling...so about 1 month, assuming you have the trained staff to run them.

Victoria is a lot further behind in cases, so we hopefully be able to last till we get enough vaccine jabs in by the end of the year. Some of the lockdown measures will probably be able to be lifted around November (assuming enough people get the Jab by then), but we'll be wearing masks past January.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I can see why you post your doomsdaying here because you'd never fit all this on a sandwich board.

Do you expect NSW to be able to get on top of their outbreak before we get enough people jabbed, not including anyone under 12, who are a large part of the infected group now.

I expect Victoria probably will with the new and now statewide restrictions, but who would have any confidence NSW will? The LNP in NSW don't, or they wouldn't be saying "we need to learn to live with it now". The amount of cases in NSW is doubling every 7 days. That's better than when had out first wave when it was doubling every 3, but you won't reach November before the health system falls over at that rate.

https://www.covid19data.com.au/victoria

https://www.covid19data.com.au/nsw

Comstar fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 21, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

I'm guessing that means the Fed LNP leadership knows the NSW LNP leadership is toast and wants to let them die in the street so they can then come in and help their replacement.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

freebooter posted:

Lol the DHHS booking website has been down for 24 hours now and the phone line hangs up on you, I really picked the worst time to get my first jab

Didn’t you decide not to get AZ when you had the chance and decided to wait?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So we have enough examples now of people getting to the very gates of Kabul airport with valid e-visas being blocked from entry by Australian soldiers. When will it came out that they were under direct orders, and who was the Minister responsible, and when did the PM not hear about it (because he totally knew and approved of it).

My guess is 4 days after the evacuation is "finished" and we start to get stories from the families and lawyers of those now dead.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So Friendly Jordies has the NSW LNP deputy premier dead to rights in the NSW LNP deputy premier own witness statement that clearly shows he's guilty of corruption - using the NSW police to attempt to sue Friendly Jordies in a civil trial.

In unrelated news, can someone with recent experience tell me, how is the IT job market right now? I have urgent interest in the matter. Does Jobseeker still need you to look for 20 jobs a week? It's been awhile since I needed to worry about...that sort of thing.

Looking at seek.com, a lot of the jobs seem to be "Do you breath and can you do the Office 365 thing support oh god is there someone who knows this" and "Do you know how to share a file in SharePoint? Welcome aboard Mr SharePoint Administrator".

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4XR6lsQ3o

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

snickothemule posted:

Pretty bold strategy to openly support measures to kill your own supporter base, even moreso if said supporters wills direct all inheritances to the church.

Sounds like an excellent investment strategy, and all very legal. There was a Blackadder episode about it.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Anidav posted:

The truth is Albanese is okay, if you know where to look for him in the media.

My take is that the polls are a bit more accurate this time.

I just think there is now evidence on how Morrison behaves and people are at a minimum making a mental note of it.

You see Morrison taken a loving dive in approval ratings with Women since the Higgens Saga. Turnbull was mostly a scandal free prime minister, not much to talk about kicking him out besides his personality being kinda boring?

Nothing a new PM would not fix for Murdoch. Set it for November.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Has anyone asked Porter why his blind trust isn't a proceed of crime, and how would he know it's not?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Animal Friend posted:

So uh lol NZ just announced out subs would be banned from their waters and it looks like we've managed to piss off France.

France is angry that the bribes their MIC paid to the Governments involved was an underbid to the US MIC.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Solemn Sloth posted:

We just had an earthquake in Melbourne

Biggest I've ever felt in my life. Or in California terms, Tuesday morning I guess? Quite the new experience. Nothing fell down.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://earthquakes.ga.gov.au/ says it was a 6.0 in the middle of nothing much. Closest large town is Mansfield. 10km depth.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Side of a building in Chapel Street fell off, which might have killed someone if they were under it.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 22, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Laserface posted:

isnt all the growth of our economy actually because of the huge amounts of immigration we allow?

Big Business and employers who want to drive down wages are the ones who tell the government that. As all that was coming from those people, I no longer believe it.

Also, our economy seems to be going fine without it for the last 2 years.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Animal Friend posted:

insterested to see the Pandora Papers mean nothing

The current ABC article lists one retired accountant who made 60+ million and has and will pay nothing for his crimes.

Nothing. Nothing will happen :(

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Friendly, Jordies is going to need another video today.

Is he resigning from Parliament, or just the deputy leadership?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
NEWSPOLL: Is bad at Pie Charts

https://twitter.com/BenjaminMillar/status/1444631083488714753?s=20

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Apparently Jordies has some scoop, dunno who is being referred to in the correspondence he reads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX35NXDFqc

Two things would need to happen:

The Media would need to ask the PM what did the PM's office know, and when did they know it.
The PM to order an investigation.

Neither will happen :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Big Willy Style posted:

In more light hearted news, rumours are getting around that Barilaro knocked up his Senior Advisor... Barnaby Joyce's 22 year old daughter.

what

I'll believe it if Friendly Jordies reports on it, because no one else in the Media is going to.