Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Solemn Sloth posted:

Nationals federal Vice President is a pedo

I can't believe nobody noticed this post.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/02/western-australian-nationals-mp-james-hayward-charged-with-child-sexual-abuse

James Haywood, a former vice president of the Federal Nats and current WA state upper house MP has been charged with multiple child sexual abuse offences relating to an 8 year old girl. The offences happened this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

‘Portrait of a Boofhead’

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Konomex posted:

A short bit of research says yes and no. Holden, Ford, Toyota all manufactured cars here, but were not Australian owned. The majority of Australian owned car manufacturers produced sports cars exclusively, with at least 5 of them producing replica versions of the SS Jaguar model for some reason.

Holden was technically originally an Australian company - they started out as a Saddlery manufacturer in South Australia in the 1850s, branched out into cars in 1908, and became a GM subsidiary in 1931.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It says something about what a poo poo show one nation must be that a rando 22 year old is the party’s national treasurer.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Is there a hotline in Queensland where we can report businesses that aren’t checking vax status to the police? Because there needs to be.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Amber Heard has named her new dog Barnaby Joyce. If he’s anything like his namesake I hope someone with a Twitter account urges her to get him neutered.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

In QLD the app doesn’t even have a check out function. It’s check in only.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Breetai posted:

Please, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I was looking up the efficacy of rapid tests and read that they return a positive result 70% of the time when the testee has COVID. This suggests a 30% failure rate to detect a positive case.

There are varying grades of RAT tests, the ones that are officially registered for use here are grouped into either 80%, 90% or 95% accuracy brackets.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Comstar posted:

Can't post this to r/australia for some reason. I don't know why.

Is this the normal price for a Rapid Antigen Test? I was assured by the Prime Minister and his party it wouldn't cost much. Perhaps it's a price rise for the new year?

How much does it cost elsewhere in Australia? They're free in the UK.

(Please be nice to anyone at the Till, the only one's responsible for this are the LNP and their corporate donors).

That’s cheap for a 5 pack.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Have you considered that choo choos are cool though?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I decided years ago I would never fly between Brisbane and Sydney ever again unless there was some emergency that required me to get there asap. Going on road trips is so much more satisfying and enjoyable and I think trains would be similar. I’ve always wanted to go on the Ghan or the Australian Pacific. If I ever win the lotto I’m taking a year to drive around the country.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Brisbane Institution King Ahirams has burned down. 2022 really is off to a wonderful start.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Alex Hawke is the immigration minister.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

I thought immigration was a home affairs thing?

IIRC they split it out in the last reshuffle - the potato was Home affairs minister and immigration minister IIRC.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

exactly the way they like it I suspect.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's pretty much going to mean that every supermarket is now going to have to keep all their RATs for themselves.

Lol we haven't seen a RAT since before Christmas.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

The point of workplace vaccination mandates is to make life difficult for the unvaccinated so as to pressure people who might otherwise not have done so into getting the jab.

Edit: and It’s working. I know multiple people both coworkers and friends who were adamant about not getting the vax right up until the point they discovered they would lose their job if they didn’t.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Tomberforce posted:

Same. Otoh my CFA brigade is down one firefighter because of it. He was a bit of a Muppet anyway.

Yep. Either you get extra people vaccinated or you get to cleanse your workplace of the worst dregs of society. Either way it’s a win.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I think your attitude to kfc depends on whether or not you live in the superior state of Queensland, where we have access to hot and spicy as a year round permanent menu item (and nobody ever loving eats original recipe.)

I had the opportunity to try red rooster fried chicken for the first time recently and I’d rate it a big step up from KFC original and a moderate step down from KFC hot and spicy.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I might be a franchise thing. All the KFCs near me are owned by the one family and every one of them is poo poo.

They don't even salt their loving fries. SMDH.

That too; there is considerable quality variation from one location to another.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

To return to fried chicken for a moment; what has become quite common (at least in Brisbane) and is vastly superior to Korean Fried Chicken is Taiwanese Fried Chicken - the most common chain being Hotstar. If you haven’t tried it I highly encourage it. Some chains do both Fried Chicken and Bubble Tea.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

adeadcrab posted:

Going to try the red rooster fried chicken for my birthday; in the meantime I’m hunkering down at home with my 200 tins of sardines and PC games

Texturally it’s like kfc hot and spicy but the flavour profile is like a rotisserie chicken. Like someone took a look at kfc hot and spicy and said ‘ this is good, but our target demographic is too bogan for spices; make it taste like gravox instead.’

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Some warning before poisoning my youtube feed would be nice.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Is washing feet no longer in vogue for religious types?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I am going to watch it in Queensland on Monday night at 9pm and you can’t stop me :colbert:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I mean technically you can end wars by winning them…

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

freebooter posted:

The Australian Zelensky equivalent is Micallef. Been around for ages, friendly and recognisable face, comedy is pretty hit and miss, but a lot of people would vote for him and you can actually imagine he might have the stones to step up and be a serious actor in a crisis. Lacks the 40-something hottie factor at this stage, but hey, you can't have everything.

William McInnes

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Eediot Jedi posted:

Like do you think the average person is a drooling idiot incapable of dressing themselves?

As someone who has worked in the customer service side of retail for 17 years, yes, the average person is absolutely a drooling idiot incapable of dressing themselves.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

That cat has the biggest ‘gently caress my life expression’ on its face.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It cost me 12 dollars to fill my lawnmower with petrol the other day lol.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

No Italian would ever eat spaghetti with Bolognese

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

JBP posted:

Yes they would.

Bolognese is correctly served with egg pasta like tagliatelle or papardelle. Spaghetti is completely incorrect. It’s nearly as bad as putting pineapple on a pizza.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Konomex posted:

When they lost the war they lost the right to tell us which pasta goes with which sauce. We dictate the sauce now. I'm not going back to English cooking, that cuisine is a crime on nature.

English cuisine is the cuisine you deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Tomberforce posted:

If the odds are against Morrisson I think I'm going to chuck $50 on the libs so at least if I have to look at his smug grin post win again I can at least make some cash out of it.

If you want to put money on something; odds for greens to pick up a second seat are currently $4