Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Turned Jabanese today, first shot of Pfizer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Mirror's Edge is a game about delivering ubereats packages in Dan Andrews fascist lockdown

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

An observation;
I have worked in a government department for several years.

Anyone who has worked in government decision making has almost certainly heard the phrase "the Herald Sun test" (i.e if this decision was made public, what would the Herald Sun say about it).

There is also the "pub test", but for all intents and purposes, they are the same.

My point is, this is a really insidious way Murdoch controls government. It's not even about what his papers HAVE written. There's an acknowledged fear of what he WOULD say that quite manifestedly shapes policy.

And for the record, I have literally never heard anyone say "the Guardian/ABC/Age test". It's always the Herald Sun.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

Seems obvious to me Testicle Masochist is on about the herd immunity strategy as pushed by conservatives which yeah a lot of idiots still believe in

Herd immunity is a real phenomenon and not just a right wing meme. The way it was pushed early in the pandemic with no one vaccinated and to advocate mass deaths and no lockdowns was stupid

Talking about herd immunity now with the pandemic moving to endemic and 90% of people fully vaccinated is not the same story

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Please end this pandemic so we can bring back UberPools as soon as possible

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

never in my life did I expect to be so happy to see something called a "negative rat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

edit, ignore, I'm wrong