Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m glad we have such a wealth of expert knowledge in auspol, although it does make me question why we even need bodies like the AHPPC and ATAGI. Abolish them and just give premiers a copy of the monthly word cloud as their public health advice.

look I’d run with that over brendan murphy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Nah not really barely anyone in this country has had covid. Keep lashing out though lol.

embrace cspam thought

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EoinCannon posted:

Yes but you see delta variant means you can claim that you were right at the time and don't have to learn any lessons

No they can’t, vic stomped delta less than a month beforehand. If they weren’t watching and learning from that they should be sacked.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It’s me tommu, I’m PRguy, it was me all along

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

freebooter posted:

Someone on twitter was seriously arguing that "nowhere in the world" has managed to deal with a Delta outbreak despite that fact that Melbourne and Perth both dealt with Sydney's loving spillover by swiftly going into lockdown

That was Gladys, too.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Centusin posted:

Everyone here loves to refer to Sydney's spillover, keep in mind at many points in this pandemic, 50% of returned travellers in NSW hotel quarantine have been people travelling onto other states after returning internationally without anybody in NSW complaining about the Labor premiers abandoning returning Australians. Perhaps NSW quarantine would have never had any leaks at all had Labor premiers been willing to do their job and help reunite Australians with their families, without inventing imaginary evil migrant holidaymaker narratives.

Those outbreaks in Melbourne and Perth didn't involve hairdressers that worked at a salon where 900 clients were potentially exposed. The first limo driver case in this outbreak was reported on the the 16th, the problems with the Double Bay Salon began on the 15th and were unknown until the 24th, at which point restrictions immediately began to tighten. Unless NSW was supposed to lockdown before any cases were reported, the situation is not remotely comparable to the small number of cases Victoria and Perth had to deal with.

It does seem like a valid point that right now Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, South Korea, Malaysia, Fiji etc are experiencing record numbers of cases despite having handled the situation well up to now. It's almost like this is a more infectious variant that is harder to deal with, which results in more unknown spread earlier on. And NSW is still better positioned than most other places that are handling a Delta outbreak right now.

They knew about spread on the 19th/20th but sat on their hands because of laziness / hubris / not interfering with the budget. Had they taken action then lockdown would have finished by now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hooman posted:

Rather than vaccinating all of Australia twice, how about we just vaccinate one dude 52 million times.

For some reason Recoome didn’t like it when I suggested this earlier

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Periphery posted:

gently caress you NSW. I have plans for the weekend and I'll be loving pissed if you ruin them.
Kind regards,
Victoria

nsw ruins everything

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CrazyTolradi posted:

Badys Verysiklian

ayyy lmao

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

realbez posted:

Gladys you don’t have to post here nobody reads this forum

It’s not Gladys it’s osman

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Recoome posted:

the bureaucracy defender has logged on

ive been telling people atari sucks for years

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Comstar posted:

Fast Eddie, his son and Ian Macdonald have found guilty.

I look forward to them getting a large fine for the $30000000 they got.

Who am I kidding the penalty will be pathetic.

They got a tax bill for nearly half; the remainder was eaten up by lawyer’s fees (I assume the lawyers were appropriately taxed).

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eediot Jedi posted:

Scott this is not what Dan meant when he said treat covid like a fire that's not out.

:five:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Labor will win the next federal election. The newspoll breakdowns state by state show that the biggest swing towards Labor is in Queensland.

That's not a statistical anomaly.

Brisbane is literally the crown to win in the country because the amount of knife's edge Greater Brisbane seats held by the LNP is ridiculous.

Since 2019 Newspoll has gradually been showing evidence of a 5 point swing to Labor in Queensland and a 9 point swing to Labor in WA (whom we don't care about because there's not many seats there to win)

Even the slightest, slightest clue that Queensland swings kinda red next election, the Morrison government is gone.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
“talk to your GP” as if anyone under the age of 60 has a GP instead of whichever itinerants are at the medical centre that day

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Synthbuttrange posted:

https://twitter.com/SebStarcevic/status/1418784718598774785?s=20

GREAT THERES loving LOCKDOWN PROTESTS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY

INCLUDING MELBOURNE AND SYDNEY

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

worse

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bowmore posted:

Sounds like Joe Dildohands

POST THE GIF

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Konomex posted:

Holy balls, Federal Labor announces an actual policy? Has the lockdown melted their brains? Were they trapped indoors for more than a week and actually started strategizing how to knife Morrison?

that’s basically the one thing from Bill they haven’t jettisoned

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
JobShalom

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
and the boomers love it

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BrigadierSensible posted:

If I were PM, I actually would hold a hose, mate.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
dr crackl-ping is on the bad show this week, can’t wait

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gladys isn’t getting on top of this so you’d better get the shot, homsar

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Wizard Master posted:

It would seem the olympic basketball court is not the only place that Boomers have once again let Aussies down

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BrigadierSensible posted:

Whilst I know the actual and depressing answer:

Is NSW Labor doing anything, anything at all to take advantage of Gladys's gently caress ups?

Coz surely, even in the desolate plague ridden hellscape that is NSW, she must be losing popularity. So a half decent opposition would at least try to capitalize on this yeah?

the old leader fairly regularly called out gladys for not doing more and nobody listened, so…

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hambeet posted:

might go out for dinner tomorrow night.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

freebooter posted:

I kinda have sympathy for Melbourne 2020/Sydney 2021 style panic buying, when the government only locks down as a last resort and it's clearly going to blow up in their faces and get way loving worse, because in that scenario it's kinda reasonable to maybe want to not go to the shops again for a while. (My local Woolies has been a contact site twice now, not that that will make half the staff there bother to wear masks.) But for one case, come on. The shops will remain open and you'll be more likely to get hit by a car outside than to catch COVID there.

have you ever seen public servants with a subway platter in front of them? disgusting creatures

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I think all Australians can agree Gladys needs to go à la lanterne

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Life is cheap in the occident

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eediot Jedi posted:

There should be a simplified replacement without the rorting, but alas, who could have predicted what happened here last year and what happened all over the world would happen in Australia of all places???

Absolutely nobody in March/April 2020

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Amoeba102 posted:

Sydney lockdown rules are not conveyed the best, so I just found out about recreation being a valid reason to be out and about. Which basically allows you to do anything so long as you're distant from people.

Not valid in the hot zones areas of concern anymore, but fine in the standard-lockdown beachside suburbs.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Senor Tron posted:

I thought that was a joke but JFC they're still allowing investor inspections.

If I was renting a place in NSW right now and they were sending inspections through I'd just be sitting in the middle of the room coughing loudly whenever anyone entered.

so you’d have covid, checks out

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Florida sent the cops after a data scientist who didn’t fudge the numbers; horseshoe theory is real.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
pope

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

gsc you forgot to log out of your alt

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Capt.Whorebags posted:

I remember when we used to call Bill Shorten "Biff Shortbus"

for a forum that purports to hate first dog a lot of people sure post like them

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Periphery posted:

And that's why it's important that people ask the politicians what level of death is acceptable.

start with the federal and nsw cabinets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/squigglyrick/status/1433903203632902144?s=21

oPeN tHe PlAyGrOuNdS