Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Why doesn't anyone call out the Craig Kelly/Palmer poo poo as what they really are, working proxies for Liberals to say the most extreme stuff while maintaining a flimsy veneer of deniability.

Craig Kelly is out there saying this poo poo because the PM and liberal party managers told him to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

Uh huh uh huh Scott Morrison in a brilliant move to look even more pathetically ineffective and not able to control the party he nominally heads up charges Craig Kelly to directly contradict and publicly undermine him.

Scott Morrison is nothing if not pathetically ineffective. But yes, it is transparent as gently caress, they did this last election with Clive Palmer and are using the exact same playbook this election, invent a proxy to say all the messages that are too vile, stupid and hateful for the Liberal party to say themselves, but will appeal to a segment of society and attempt to push the conversation rightwards. It particularly helps that the media in this nation will never call them out on it and are outright complicit in selling the lie.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

The world would probably be a better place, and necessary for climate change, if spoilt bougie dickheads couldn't just fly down to Amsterdam to see a soccer game on a whim because its cheap.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Launchpad McQuack posted:

No one should be denied health care. I will go and pick up and anyone who calls in my ambulance and take them to hospital, vaxed or not. I even do it for no pay. There is also the fact not everyone can get vaxed for health reasons. You can either sit at a keyboard dispensing opinions or you can get out there and make the world a better place.

If you refuse to get a vaccine, you aren't getting an organ donation.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Launchpad McQuack posted:

gently caress, you guys are cooked. I will continue to depense health care too who ever needs it, so will everyone of my other colleges. Log off you gently caress heads and gain some loving perspective. Holy poo poo. What is wrong with you guys,? Has the media wound you all up the much.

Let's just introduce eugenic while we are at it.

I don't know why you are outraged. If you drive ambulances then you know that life saving organ donations have always been rationed to the most likely to survive, smokers, obese, drug addicts put to the back of the queue. Of course someone who refuses to be vaccinated will be passed over for treatment because their immune system will be suppressed and make them very likely to die from covid when others wouldn't.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

The Artificial Kid posted:

We can say they're reprehensible dickheads without saying they should be in prison for putting wood together in an illegal shape.

The plaugerats should be in prison for protesting during a pandemic.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

It took two bloody hours waiting in line to get a covid test in Adelaide today. Joe many people potentially sick people are going to look at that massive wait and decide, gently caress it, I've got a cold.

Thank you Premier Steven Marshall for a Covid Christmas.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

People were camping out at 1am last night to get covid tests when they open at 8am. The lines are that big.

I really have to think the people in charge are just loving idiots who didn't think covid was real, because they clearly didn't anticipate the capacity they'd need to open up.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

I think the LNP are well and truly hosed this time, Albo will be the smallest target PM in history.

The only question in my mind is will they get a majority or be forced to work with the cross bench / how long until the rags are openly calling them nazis on the front page.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Centusin posted:

It's very weird the way people obsessively focus on scomo and perrotet when victoria are doing the exact same thing and also had a record today, it's not March 2020 anymore and case numbers aren't the only worthwhile metric

I'm pretty sure nobody wants to hear anything Scomo or NSW because they are they fuckheads who caused this outbreak and -forced- all the other states to give up on Covid Zero because they are/were too lazy and incompetent to get their numbers under control (plus the NSW libs who wanted to Let It Rip)

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

twotimer posted:

i guess im one of the few in this thread that is just completely over all the covid hysteria.
looking at the numbers, its pretty clear to me that there is no 'path to zero'. we are ALL going to get covid at some point, and its about time we come to terms with that. lockdowns/masks isnt going to change that. maybe i am optimistic, but i reckon 99.8% of us are going to be just fine.
so im not sure how so many people see two years of lockdowns and vax mandates as such an electoral win for the ALP. anecdotally, its seems like most people i talk to in meat space cant wait to see the end of dan andrews. scomo is a complete nonfactor.

The only reason there is no "path to zero" is because of fuckers like you ruining it for everyone.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Anyone who unironically says "doomer" might as well put in their vote for Clive Palmer right now.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

I have to chuckle thinking about the oval office who has to drive back home with a car full of poo at the end of the day.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Waking up to an earthquake with all this nuclear war talk going made me nearly faint.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

Unless we go to all-out war I don't see a chance of that happening.

Draft for the dole practically writes itself

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

I almost feel bad for Marshall, he was the leader of a liberal party that was unironically better than the liberal party in any other part of Australia, considering how he didn't scrap all the green energy stuff when he took over. But it was just time for a change.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Comstar posted:

The ex-Premier of SA did his concealment speech in front of a random bar?

https://imgur.com/a/QkhWZQX

Check out the red haired women behind him. Well done Madam.

Looks like the Robin Hood Hotel, they do good swordfish.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

freebooter posted:

Did Malinauskas just say on ABC he "won't be Scomo's quokka"? Wtf does that mean?

I won't be Scomo's lapdog. Except he had Quokkas on the brain.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

It really is going to take like 10 years for the idea that "Housing Supply Will Solve the Problem" to go away isn't it.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

Some NSW Lib went and spoke to the Sydney Moible Morons today apparently. Her and some others in the party have been pointing to the SA election result and saying the Libs (State and Fed) are going in the wrong direction. Uh, I thought there was major backlash in SA against the "LETTERIP" or was that just idle talk in this thread? And Davies is out there talking about "are freedoms" to a bunch of people importing US idiocy.

Its pretty safe to say if Marshall had followed her advice we might be rid of the Liberal party entirely by now.
But also if Scott Morrison and people like her didn't exist we would still probably have Marshall as premier, since his biggest problem was being tainted by voters disgust with federal politics I think.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

How do car free zones benefit the elderly and disabled?

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

a land of contrasts

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

freebooter posted:

https://twitter.com/steph_dalzell/status/1508685561716158464

They can't even buy people off correctly. Trump mailed cheques and Rudd gave us direct bank deposits. Nobody's going to be as grateful for a $420 tax cut somewhere towards the end of the year as they are for $420 landing in their bank accounts right now.

Yes, but I think they couldn't stand the thought of low income people getting more money, so by being a tax break many people simple won't get it.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

There's a $250 direct payment for welfare recipients.

I am definitely not on welfare and not going to earn enough to qualify for a tax break.

Essential worker 4 life

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

You're earning so little money that you expect youwill pay no tax at all, not even a single dollar? Your employer has not been taking any tax out of your wage at all over the year, or you started work late in the FY?

Tax free threshold is 18,200, which at this rate I will just hit. Part time worker full time student, so its to be expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

The budget website doesn't detail exactly which concession card holders will get the $250, but I can't imagine low income health care card holders will be off the list. You don't have to be receiving a welfare payment to get those cards, just have low income. You apply for it, centrelink eventually cuts you off when your employer reports your income is too high at like 600/wk roughly. Not sure if you can get one now and get the payment later.

Huh, I've never heard of this, I'll look into it thank you.