Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

can you explain further for a rough hands like me? Like surely you still need time off work to see a doctor or sometimes you'll just be actually too sick to do any work surely?

I'm in Sydney, and we're in lockdown. Both my kids and my wife have coughs/colds so are at home, and I've been mainly looking after a 3yo and a 6yo, and my wife is mostly in bed sick. She's still working even though she's sick, and I'm still working even though I have two young children to look after, and a wife to partially take care of as well. In a past life I would be taking carer's leave or unpaid leave to look after my family, but now I'm still working because as long as I have an internet connection and can access a computer, I'm expected to be doing my job.

It's pretty hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I get my second pfizer jab tomorrow. Pretty happy I locked things in pretty early on, as I don't think you can get appointments until November now.

I've also heard the 2nd jab can mess you up a bit (headaches, fatigue, and such), so there's that to look forward to.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Well, I'm now fully vaccinated as of yesterday. Was feeling fine just after the 2nd Pfizer vaccine if a bit tired, but then overnight things got rough. First had night sweats and then chills throughout the night. Woke up this morning with a pounding headache and achy joints. It honestly feels like I've gone through the symptoms of the flu in a 24hr period.

Kinda sucked, but being fully Vacc'ed does feel great.

e: Woops - typo on number of vax!

PotatoManJack fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 6, 2021

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I know it was on 7:30 last night, but I'm really surprised we're not seeing more about the Brian Houston BFF with Scomo story. I know Covid is top of mind, but it seems like a much bigger deal than it's getting credit for in the media.

Also, it makes me detest Scomo that little bit more, which I honestly thought wasn't possible.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I'm unfortunate enough to live in Craig Kelly's electorate (thank god he's out at the next election) and we just got a flyer from him in the mail with a bunch of BS about why he left the Libs blah blah blah. I wish I had kept it to take a picture (it went straight into the recycling bin), but what was interesting is that there is zero mention of the PUP oh which he is now a part, and all the branding was exactly the same as when he was with the Libs with the exception of the Liberals logo.

It's almost like he wants to pretend he's still with the Liberal party for some reason...

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Interesting first experience with Vaccination check in. I had to go to Big W yesterday to pick-up a set of Lego I'd ordered for my daughter's birthday. I got to the entrance and they had a kid (and I mean kid, he looked about 16) checking people's vaccination record at an improvised check-in line/area. Thankfully there weren't many people there at the time because there was a lot of confusion. It wasn't too hard for me to quickly link up my medicare vaccination record with the mygov app I already had on my phone, but there were a number of people who definitely were struggling to get things sorted (especially the older customers).

For the most part, nobody was rude to the employee, but there was definitely some frustration from some of the people who just wanted to go in to pick up that one thing they ordered/were there for.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I'm sure nothing will come of it, but it does seem like Scomo going against the speaker on the Christian Porter inquiry has some legs in the media. There's been quite a few scathing comments about the action in the news this morning, so maybe (hahahaha who am I kiddding) the government will be forced to do something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

woofbro posted:

Yeah, this image is pulled from a Guardian article from 2019, some stooge posted it to Twitter but then stated that currently there is no preference deal but eh it's only a matter of time til they cut one up.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/apr/25/liberal-party-strikes-deal-to-exchange-election-preferences-with-clive-palmer

My favourite pull from UAP is Craig Kelly stating he is in favour of ICAC when his voting history is in strong opposition of ICAC. These guys will do anything to get reelected.

Liberals have grabbed Melanie Gibbons former State MP for Holsworthy to run for Hughes, I reckon she'll have it easily. Politically, I think she only votes on the party lines, but hey what's new?

Craig Kelly will be some dunce who runs every few years, maybe he'll do a Latham and somehow get in on state politics on a One Nation or UAP backing, with the benefit of a broader online following than Hughes votes alone.

I live in Craig Kelly's district, and i think people are overestimating how much people like him. No one likes him, not even LNP supporters (in fact many really hate him). Everyone was already pissed about the pre-selection crap that went on at the last two elections. He's gone at the election, and I'd be surprised if he ever comes back.