Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Centusin posted:

People in Indonesia are wanting their government to try and buy unwanted AZ from us, so there is a place we could send whatever we produce in the future to, in addition to the pacific island countries we already have agreements with. But I guess Morrison wouldn't love the optics of sending a large amount overseas while Australians remain unvaccinated either.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/we-are-in-need-of-vaccines-indonesians-eye-australia-s-unwanted-astrazeneca-20210701-p58610.html

and help the people smugglers?! Are you mad?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The error is that the media found out about it

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Eediot Jedi posted:

They hadn't already suspended mutual obligation arrangements???

Suspended on the 28th of June according to a text I got last week, he's just trying to make it look like he's doing something

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Halo14 posted:

Oh NOW they restrict movement to 10km. Great job you muppets.

Only for exercise though, can't have people not going to work

Gotta think of the economy that they are doing nothing to support

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
It was the eastern half of the state that caused this outbreak. There's only one solution, bomb everything east of the red rooster line.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Morrison will purposely poo poo himself at Engadine maccas during the re-election campaign and win by a landside

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Sierra Madre posted:

See, this makes me think that we probably will be in rolling lockdowns up to the election, because this comes across as desperately scrambling to cover for a lack of new doses that can meet our current demand. The PM is trying to get doctors to say that AstraZeneca is better than we think, and that tells me that we're not getting more Pfizer anytime soon.

Nah it's because he said it was alright for younger people the other week and now he's trying to bully the ATAGI into agreeing with him.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Sierra Madre posted:

Yes, but why would he say it's alright for younger people in the first place, in the face of changing opinions from medical experts?

He's an marketing idiot and doesn't understand the real world

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
He doesn't hold the vaccine syringe okay.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

hooman posted:

For those of us who are out of the loop has NSW actually defined essential workers?

Yes https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/authorised-workers

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
What's with the persistent use of Job[blank] with this government? Jobseeker, jobkeeper, jobtrainer and now jobsaver. Is this Morrison using his lovely marketing training?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Also, can't believe they voted down the $300 vaccination incentive because it was "an insult" to the Australian people - as decided by people making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

The $300 jab incentive seems like a no brainer but we have the no spend libs in power.

Like that's 15 hours of work at minimum wage, enough for someone to not worry about missing a shift because they had a reaction to the jab.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

alf_pogs posted:

262 new cases in NSW, with five deaths overnight. that is hosed up.

Good to see Gladys go from blaming the guy that died yesterday for not being vaccinated to blaming one of the people that died overnight for only having the first AZ shot.

What a poo poo bag of a human being.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

ShoeFly posted:

He snuck out to preach in Mexico last month

It's a total coincidence your honour.

hooman posted:

Has anyone discussed what they're going to do about like children? Are we going to start vaccinating them too, or are we just going to accept that covid is going to hospitalise a bunch of kids.

Private school kids and kids of donors first, after that no more kids need to be vaccinated as kids don't get covid

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The Peccadillo posted:

Long covid is pretty hosed, and kids ... are plagued with getting wheezy and dumber and chronically tired regardless of how bad their infection was.

gently caress it's turning them into Liberal voters!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/AmyRemeikis/status/1424968957333630981

It's not a race except when it is

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

BrigadierSensible posted:

So apart from the one glaring difference between the two, (Dan did a hard harsh lockdown that eventually brought the cases/deaths down vs Gladys's half arsed piecemeal soft lockdowns where the number seems to be growing and spreading geographically), what else could be the difference between perceptions of popularity?

The blaming the dead for not being vaccinated is probably not winning Gladys fans as well

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Animal Friend posted:

NSW press conferences have been getting stupider by the day to the point where they're now just doing a Clarke and Dawe knockoff.

If people compiled with the restrictions and removed themselves from the environment there would be no need for a lockdown

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

PalaNIN posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08...post-1202981646

The amount of exceptions and loopholes in NSW rules are huge. Strict lockdown my rear end.

I could technically go 15kms to Costco and shop because they have goods that I cannot get within the 5km shopping limit.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

x1o posted:

That was the same rule in Victoria as well with its 5km limit.

I understand the rule, like you might have to go 10kms to get a specific medicine or something but it can very easily be abused.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I love how helpful and clear the new rules are. From Monday I don't have to get tested every 72 hours and from next Saturday I need to have a permit to drop stock off at work but I don't think I can because of this bit.

quote:

Authorised workers who work outside their LGA of concern are only permitted to work if rapid antigen testing is implemented at their work-site or they have had their first vaccination dose by 30 August.

Fun!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

#NationalSymbols #FreshInOurMemories

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

freebooter posted:

Why would I be frightened of dawn

vampire?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

fappenmeister posted:

Why does Scotty keep saying and doing conflicting things ALL the time? Who is he fighting internally? I don't understand and it's exhausting trying to keep up with his constant barrage of insincere platitudes and bullshit.

He's a lovely ad man who can't read the room

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Scro-magnon

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Gentleman Baller posted:

I didn't watch the press conference, but this easing of restrictions for fully vaccinated people thing, did they say how police were going to confirm people's vaccination status?

Taste test

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

abigserve posted:

I hope the rest of Australia stays safe long enough to get our kids vaccinated. That's the "light at the end of the tunnel" for me. Quite frankly the idea of opening up while everyone under the age of 16 is at risk is abhorrent to me.

The government is still in the kids can't get covid mindset they were in last year

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Comstar posted:

Does Jobseeker still need you to look for 20 jobs a week? It's been awhile since I needed to worry about...that sort of thing.

15 a month

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Konomex posted:

When all is said and done, assuming Morrison's wife outlives him. I want to watch a multi-part miniseries interview with her with re-enactments. I want to know what she was thinking and why she stuck by this utter wretch of a human being. Did she have a traumatic upbringing and latched onto the first thing with a pulse never to let go? Is it secretly amazingly hung and she doesn't give a gently caress about the politics, he's just somehow that good?

Why is she with this man?

She's into scat play

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Periphery posted:

Edit because gently caress Gladys:

quote:

"In fact if you look at the trajectory of where Victoria's case numbers are going, I will let people make those comparisons themselves, but having been through this, we know how quickly case numbers get up to where we are now.

"And, had we not taken the measures we had, they would have been much higher."

Gotta make a snide comment at every daily conference, either blaming the dead or trying to make stupid points about other states.

What a loving poo poo stain of a human being.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/GrogsGamut/status/1433598625804951553?s=19

"Death is horrible but"

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Why does he look like he wants to gently caress the bird

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

bowmore posted:

it’s gonna be hard to stop unvaccinated people from breaking lockdown when a bunch of people are allowed out, hiding in plain sight

There's only one solution, give the police dart guns and dart everyone they see outside with a vaccine

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

JBP posted:

A small price to pay for the freedom of millions.

For Gerry Harvey?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

abigserve posted:

lol what possible reasoning is there for cancelling the daily updates

Can't show how bad the daily cases are if there isn't a press conference

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

alf_pogs posted:

I assume she's bailed because giving out even vague information about all the upcoming deaths is just going to take hours and hours

It's just so tiring for her to come up with new ways of blaming the dead

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

It's the alien reveal :tinfoil:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Solemn Sloth posted:

Just heard Scott Morrison say nuclear subs are the first initiative under Orcus, so uh all hail the prince of undeath I guess

quote:

Orcus was a god of the underworld, punisher of broken oaths

Could the contract with France be counted as an oath?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Solemn Sloth posted:

Are you saying we would have been better off if there were subs in Darwin and Sydney got bombed? Because if so I agree

Should have given the Japanese NSW as a show of peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Albo must have a heated gamer moment in Parliament