Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

The Peccadillo posted:

My favourite flu fact is that zoonotic transmition of viral infection was discovered when a ferret who had the flu sneezed in a scientists mouth while he was moving it between cages in like the twenties

Wow, rude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Guardian posted:

The New South Wales health department says “an error” resulted in 163 year 12 students at one of Sydney’s most expensive private schools being given the Pfizer vaccine.

St Joseph’s College in Sydney’s lower north shore confirmed on Tuesday that more than 160 students received their first dose of the vaccine after the state’s health department approved the school’s request.

The school said it was given the go-ahead for the vaccines in May because its boarding school population included Indigenous students and students from remote and regional communities.

lol wtf

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Remove all bridges from the Murray asap

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

hooman posted:

It's Laybah Covid mistah speakah.

ARREST DAN ANDREWS

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

spaceblancmange posted:

Scott Morrison has been compromised to a permanent end.

last time i brought this up as a joke it caused like a full page derail, you absolute madman

bowmore posted:

ALP tragics sure are obsessed with scumos appearance

lol

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

imagine going back like 5 years and telling somebody that by the middle of 2021 Queensland won't be the worst state.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

He's running

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Sydney removalist was in SA and Victoria while infectious.

loving hell.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

koala killer posted:

To 8pm last night we had 112 additional cases and I want to stress the vast majority of these cases are family members or very, very close contacts. Family or close friends, unfortunately, bear the brunt of those 112 numbers we have seen overnight...

In terms of the number of people that were exposed in the community whilst they were infectious, there are at least 34.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

EoinCannon posted:

This was bound to happen with an open border

I know that's why it's so frustrating.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Hmm why is the Federal government pledging support to NSW after it abandoned Victoria?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Looks like someone needs some empathy training

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Eediot Jedi posted:

I couldn't get a clip of this so I'll just post it from abc.

It's me the online communist hit squad coming to your twitter to tell you to do the bare loving minimum to make up for your botched vaccine program.

Literally just complaining about being held to account. Whinging about "whinging".

Also lol yes Dan "Trotsky" Andrews...

loving pathetic.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Halo14 posted:

Rumours are he's being parachuted into Wentworth.

I hope he lands in a volcano

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Comstar posted:

I was going to see my sonn runn around choosing a birthday present in a toy store for the first time this weekend. Get my wife a nice present. Get my lawn mower fixed. See my family inn on place for the first time inn a few months.

Get my keyboard replaced because some of the keys are not workinng correctly. First world problems I knnow.

See that all next week or next month after the 5 day lockdow announnced that's going to be today.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

GJ NSW

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

what a shitshow

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Tommunist posted:

If you have spent time in qld in the last 10 years you should be barred from being a cop.

can i still join the SAS?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Have they defined critical?

Construction is on hold in NSW now too and there's "tougher penalties" for forcing people into the office.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Eediot Jedi posted:

As a society we need to have a good long talk about calling repeated events 2.0. When you're saying "lockdown five point oh" with no irony it's time to let it go.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

Lets add some fuel to the fire of the guy complaining about how certain places have slashed the numbers of people arriving in Aus.

Two people that have been allowed in, that have been deemed to be more worthy of being allowed into Australia than Australian citizens stranded overseas and actively trying to make it back to see their families are:

Katie Hopkins and Caitlyn Jenner.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/katie-hopkins-admits-to-breaking-hotel-quarantine-rules-in-sydney-20210717-p58al3.html

And the Californian Governatorial candidate/vehicular murderer has been allowed both a visa and an entry permit to do such important work as appear on Big Brother.

Dunno why the Hopkins oval office is in Aus. Don't care, so long as she fucks off soon and takes her racism with her.

https://twitter.com/elle_hunt/status/1416314995806294017

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Katie Hopkins another jobless leaner sneaking into the country and disrespecting our way of life

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

freebooter posted:

They're badly down in the Newspoll:

https://theconversation.com/view-from-the-hill-morrison-and-coalition-sink-in-newspoll-on-the-back-of-rollout-shambles-164699

When Shorten lost what seemed like an unloseable election I thought that was it, for sure, we were stuck with another Howard era. And I thought that even more when their approval shot up after the pandemic started. But the way things have been going lately, and the fact they've probably lost a lot of support in Victoria after all the sniping and Sydney favouritism, they could actually be hosed by the next election.

https://youtu.be/H47ow4_Cmk0

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Albanese was briefly interviewed on the ABC this morning about his trip to Tasmania and he had a full minute of excruciating mush mouth talking about how often he visits there an why thats important (during a pandemic???).

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Seemlar posted:

Could it have been any worse than this bumbling poo poo he doled out a few days ago: https://www.9news.com.au/national/16-july-albanese-covid-plan/b25a48e2-42c0-4d8a-b99c-f1242a936e9a

Somehow yes.

Man needs public speaking lessons or something. Idk if this young upstart is cut out for a future in politics.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Anidav posted:

Labor will win the next federal election. The newspoll breakdowns state by state show that the biggest swing towards Labor is in Queensland.

That's not a statistical anomaly.

Brisbane is literally the crown to win in the country because the amount of knife's edge Greater Brisbane seats held by the LNP is ridiculous.

Since 2019 Newspoll has gradually been showing evidence of a 5 point swing to Labor in Queensland and a 9 point swing to Labor in WA (whom we don't care about because there's not many seats there to win)

Even the slightest, slightest clue that Queensland swings kinda red next election, the Morrison government is gone.

:ok:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

"I need sugar. In... water..."

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

so basically Berejiklian hosed around and found out... and now says the Federal government has to fix poo poo.

I mean if this is what gets the federal government to actually... do something? Then fine. Fine.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Centusin posted:

Just start a campaign encouraging everyone in the area to get an AZ shot, and Pfizer can remain the preferred option for young people in other states.

What reality do you live in

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Konomex posted:

I am a big fan of Dan Andrews proposal to build a ring of steel around Sydney to prevent the outbreak spreading further. I'm assuming he means a literal ring of steel, or perhaps a ring of tanks.

He's a Trot remember. And he's big on rail.

Armoured Trains patrolling the Sydney border.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Senor Tron posted:

Watching the Tokyo Olympics opening, and hoping Australia has some good things in the next decade to show off.

Opening ceremonies usually celebrate a host country, and when they have previously hosted look at how they have grown since the last time.

We're 2/3 of the way from Sydney 2000 to Brisbane 2032, and I can't think up to now of anything you'd point to since then.

Don't be a loving cynic.

Domestic violence deaths, reef bleaching, bushfires, flooding and droughts, indigenous deaths in custody, rampant corruption, constitutional restrictions on personal freedoms, hate crimes, conspiracy theories, defence spending, fringe reactionary parties, illegal international wars and political interventions, human rights violations, arms sales and state sponsored ethic cleansing campaigns have all been growing strong.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Huh that's a lot of red caps

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Stay safe out there

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Escaping the surveillance net is a challenge. Don’t use a phone, or a registered opal card. Use cash for any purchases.

Then try and get home or to personal transport without being tracked on CCTV.

Maybe take a different coloured jacket/jumper/hat or something.

And yeah, wear a mask.

Also poo poo in a grid dug in your backyard to avoid wastewater testing

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Feds announce 85 million more doses of Pfizer to be delivered in 2022 and 2023

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

JBP posted:

They would expire if they arrived earlier than that. 25 million people live here.

Yeah it's all going to plan.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

And Dutton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Just had a customer at work who usually goes on loud racist rants and abuses non white people in the store come in without a mask. She's a middle aged woman we call "our Pauline". Unprovoked she points at her face and says

"I don't do this as a mark of disrespect towards anyone. I do it to protest the government ruining the lives of children for the sake of the elderly."

O. K.

Animal Friend fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 25, 2021