Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Ranter posted:

My partner and I wfh in a 1 bedroom apartment. Maybe elaborate or recognize not everyone has the same wfh challenges.

Interacting with people is a normal part of working and it’s not the same doing it remotely. What’s there to elaborate on?

There’s significant advantages to contextual using work in a single setting rather than letting it bleed into the home but I guess you so t have a problem so no one can?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

JBP posted:

I work in our open plan living/dining and at the end of the day I switch off my lap top and put it in a drawer. Some lines are imaginary. You can find a way.

You probably tell people to be happy/less anxious because hey, it works for you and you aren’t any of those things.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

bowmore posted:

but what about the left wings

too busy eating each other

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

In other news, our favourite comedy state continues to deliver

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-18/perth-businesses-report-downturn-as-covid-19-hits-state/100836358

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

GoldStandardConure posted:

yeah but who is your favourite genius?

James Hird or James Joyce,

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

the military defender logging on or whatever, but the military has been pretty flat out with bushfires and COVID prior to this flood

like it's great that the fed gets to do the "rah rah send the military" but what the gently caress are they supposed to do?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Konomex posted:

I mean, it's rumoured Caligula declared war on Poseidon and made his soldiers throw their spears at the sea. I suppose they could shoot at the flood waters?

Or they could divy them up and put them under the watchful eye of the SES (do they have that over East) who train to clear up after/during emergencies. Some extra hands to shift poo poo would be useful I imagine.

Which is what they have been doing when they aren’t doing a PR shoot. Like what more do people want here?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Animal Friend posted:

Morrison just said we're expanding the military to its largest size since the Vietnam war.

So even if your office job sucks there's always the potential conscription to look forward to?

I have it on really good authority that conscription is now absolutely on the cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The mental health funding is pretty laughable too. I've just seen the email from the College of Clinical Psychologists (part of the APS) and beyond the case conferencing funding (which, by the way, should be happening anyway) the only announcement of note is like $900k for some consultant to tell the government why we aren't training enough psychologists.

Here's the answer for free: the pathways to becoming a psych suck because the government hasn't adequately funded the programs to train psychs for the past 10 years, meaning we don't have the capacity under the current regulatory framework to just train a shitload more psychs. The govt has been also effectively cutting funding for unis which is why we actually lost a bunch of psych programs in 2020/2021.