Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

starkebn posted:

38/38 Ranked in OECD
100% score onya Scomo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Wouldn't surprise me if Barilaro toilet posted the regional lockdown.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Glorious.

Made the mistake of clicking and scrolling for recommended tweets.

https://mobile.twitter.com/M_McCormackMP/status/1427066186357829634

Give Canavan oval office of the year award and a swift kick up the arse on the way out.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

NZ mentioned they've got 11 cases from that 1 dude already, thank gently caress they locked down so fast.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Gladys living the Liberal wet dream of being able to blame poors for her problems everyday, openly and without shame.

Also extended lockdown for regional NSW until 28th. No cases where I am, but because she can't control her feral rich children strutting about the place we all gotta suffer.

Sister, her husband and baby locked down for 2 months now.

Amazing what happens when the worst generation is at the helm.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

fappenmeister posted:

Why does Scotty keep saying and doing conflicting things ALL the time? Who is he fighting internally? I don't understand and it's exhausting trying to keep up with his constant barrage of insincere platitudes and bullshit.

I subscribe to and enjoy the compiling evidence of him being nothing more than a lazy rear end in a top hat.

If he did his job he wouldn't be flat out coming up with excuses and constantly having a moan. If he wasn't being a loving tightarse and gotten the vaccine we'd have been able to ler rip ages ago and he wouldn't have to give money to poors. If he had proper border control we'd be golden...well for our sorry state of affairs we'd be back to being regular cooked instead of turbo hosed.

But nah, just like that rear end in a top hat in school who is only your friend when he wants something from you, as soon as we needed him to step up he just said "gently caress it"

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

James Bowen of the University of WA has written a report about us being a powerhouse for renewable hydrogen generation.

SA is currently building a plant run on renewables, designed to cover base load with enough storage to last a month or two. With all their rooftop solar, battery storage and upcoming hydrogen storage it's a perfect scenario to prove renewables work, even if some coal brained idiot thinks it wont.

This kind of poo poo is giving me a glimmer of hope for our future, but not with the current idiot at the helm, we start running hydrogen power and exporting it with our huge wealth, our carbon emissions will drop, energy prices should (lol) drop ideally making it more attractive to go back to manufacturing actual products and not exporting raw materials.

I keep putting the sell on my conservative work collegues and they seem excited about these prospects....until they go back to complaining about people on welfare and skirting around blaming darkies for everything.

....feel like I need something to hope and push for.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Solemn Sloth posted:

Doesn't seem like the report is up yet, could you chuck a link in when you come across it so I don't forget? Definitely interested.

Yeah sure thing.

In the meantime there's some discussions and news on his Twitter which is a cool start.

https://mobile.twitter.com/j_s_bowen

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Legend.

Sems like a good report, no wonder Twiggy is showing interest.

For Japan's 2030 Annual import using 1% of our mining sectors water usage seems like a bargain.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Pretty bold strategy to openly support measures to kill your own supporter base, even moreso if said supporters wills direct all inheritances to the church.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Albo with real strong vice principal energy.

Fucks sake have a dig already, you might even enjoy it. Looking like a giant punching bag.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

So we're getting 300,000 doses of Molnupiravir, hopefully the ivermectin crowd will settle down for a while.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Tbh if I looked like Canavan I'd probably be a complete deadshit too.

The cut of him.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Phigs posted:

Yeah I'm never not masking in public again. And even if covid magically deleted itself I'd continue masking during flu season. Asia was right about masks all along and now that I've gotten past the unfamiliarity of it I'm just gonna keep doing it. Not getting sick has been awesome and I don't wanna go back to catching bullshit diseases just so random people can see my mouth and nose.

First stop masks.

Next mission bidets.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Breezing through the Long Term Emissions Reduction Plan and it's pretty milquetoast. Still championing gas and coal and making wafty statements about hydrogen, but it's dire when it comes to looking at numbers, firm strategy and methodology to achieve reductions.

On top of that there's plenty of blue and black gradients which are poo poo to read.

Nice slick attempt to skate on through by doing the bare minimum. The amount of funding is laughable at best, considering how important the net zero target is and currently only a fraction of current fuel subsidy expenditure goes to renewables.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

gently caress we are going to look so stupid at Glasgow.

Saw some BBC report saying we were one of 3 Nations trying to undermine the internstional report about the severity of needing to adopt cleaner tech and it was disheartening to see.

It took us 2 consecutive Labor PMs to get us setup to be competitive internationally, and it only took 3 Liberal PM'S to make us look like a country of hillbillies.

3 years of policies with Morrison could have set us up for a decade of prosperity, record opportunities to invest in our infrastructure, transforming us into an international juggernaut from resources, to education, to job offering, agriculture, manufacture, quality of living, improvements to indigenous relations, we have so much to grow with and well....

We're sitting around fiddling with our pricks and giving our riches away.

Been a long day and I'm sick of this fat rear end in a top hat doing the bare minimum and telling us to like it.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Just in time for Christmas. Mad.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 28, 2021

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

How good, is saying gently caress it!

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Australia in a nutshell, a whole lot of bickering followed up with the most impressive car mounting in living memory.

Bless this country :australia:

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

I'm sure if a Labor government offered a once off cost of living payment this close to an election Liberals would accuse them of buying votes until the end of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

Had another unironic "Liberals are the best economic managers" quote by a guy in the office who is overpaid and actively losing us money by being both poor at his job from his horriffic project management skills and inability to listen to anyone else. He got real cranky when I told him "as if".

So sick of that poo poo flying.

Also Solomon Islands thing is utterly hosed. Some of the best military spending is supporting places like the Solomon's with foreign aid as it a; doesn't hand them over to a country notorious for thunder loving other nations and b; proper foreign aid makes people's lives less worse off. But now we get to hear the war drums even louder now.

Tough on Cina, lol.

Mad as.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Mar 28, 2022